[ROM] Xian (LiquidF) v1.2a [11/1/2010] - CM 6.1.0-RC - MIUI 11.05

Guest xian1243

Guest sicenti
Great!

Answers: leds working? Prox/light sensors working?

Thanks for any answers ^---------^

"- proximity sensor is a bit wierd, needs more work" from first page

light sensor seems don't work

leds dunno

wifi dont work, remains on finding networks

btw it's fast!!

Guest KeruDoitsu
"- proximity sensor is a bit wierd, needs more work" from first page

light sensor seems don't work

leds dunno

wifi dont work, remains on finding networks

btw it's fast!!

Hope light sensor, leds and wifi will be fixed at least, and camera (by cyanogen) too of course =)

Thank you Xian! *-*

Guest vanisleguy1976

Has anybody tried sushii or donna's alternate download links? I just tried donna's and got a corrupt file... Again... :-(

I don't want to waste anymore of my bandwidth today if the alternates aren't good.

Guest Ramdanih
Has anybody tried sushii or donna's alternate download links? I just tried donna's and got a corrupt file... Again... :-(

I don't want to waste anymore of my bandwidth today if the alternates aren't good.

bad news... :)

I'm still downloading... progress 15%....

Cancel download???? *confused.. :)

Guest vanisleguy1976

I can confirm that sushiii's link works :)

I flashed this ROM and the phone booted up just fine. Only issue is, it doesn't recognize the SD card. Could this be due to partitioning? And if so, do I need to format the card and start fresh? Or is there another solution?

Guest Koki1337
I can confirm that sushiii's link works :)

I flashed this ROM and the phone booted up just fine. Only issue is, it doesn't recognize the SD card. Could this be due to partitioning? And if so, do I need to format the card and start fresh? Or is there another solution?

If you have APP2SD, try maybe deleting Ext2 partition? It'll need you to format the whole SD card to merge it all back together anyway

Guest vanisleguy1976
If you have APP2SD, try maybe deleting Ext2 partition? It'll need you to format the whole SD card to merge it all back together anyway

Okay, so for test purposes, I grabbed my old 2gb card, formatted it and placed this zip on it... Flashed it... And everything works perfectly! :) (that is to say, it loads up anyway... Haven't checked all the functions as of now)

Now I'm wondering how to get everything back to the 16gb card. I copied everything from it over to my pc. Now do I just simply format the 16gb card to get rid of the partition, and then re copy all the data back to it from my pc? I'm sure there is stuff I don't need on the card since it is a different rom. I just don't have the technical savvy to know what is what! Sorry for being such a noob :)

Guest xian1243

Just got back from class! I included the wrong lights driver, bad me :) All 3 LEDs have been fixed, just for an FYI.

Bugfix will include a WiFi fix, GPS fix, LEDs fix, and camera, but won't come today, I have to study for exams... :( I might be able to have it done by late this evening, but no promises! I'm re-uploading the ROM, I'll post a new link soon :)

Xian

P.S. Battery drain is great, been using this build for a day, and I got home with 40% battery after a full day of music, 3G, and calling...

Edited by xian1243

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Great Xian :( Congrats for your ROM :(

Edit: @Xian: just wanted to give you my compliments. I had a look at your device tree and cm kernel on github: great work. Bravo :)

P.S.: Here I am again! It's-a me Andrea! :)

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest KeruDoitsu
Just got back from class! I included the wrong lights driver, bad me :) All 3 LEDs have been fixed, just for an FYI.

Bugfix will include a WiFi fix, GPS fix, LEDs fix, and camera, but won't come today, I have to study for exams... :( I might be able to have it done by late this evening, but no promises! I'm re-uploading the ROM, I'll post a new link soon :)

Xian

P.S. Battery drain is great, been using this build for a day, and I got home with 40% battery after a full day of music, 3G, and calling...

Xian you are the man! =)

What about light sensor? ç_ç (sorry if I bother you but I really need it in some circumstances (like car navigation))

Anyway good luck with your exams! =)

Bugfix will include a WiFi fix, GPS fix, LEDs fix, and camera [...] Battery drain is great

Very nice! Just one question to make this my next ROM:

- When I make a call will the proximity sensor turn off the screen?

If it will it´ll be my next ROM as soon as it is released! :)

Guest lvcargnini
Okay, so for test purposes, I grabbed my old 2gb card, formatted it and placed this zip on it... Flashed it... And everything works perfectly! :) (that is to say, it loads up anyway... Haven't checked all the functions as of now)

Now I'm wondering how to get everything back to the 16gb card. I copied everything from it over to my pc. Now do I just simply format the 16gb card to get rid of the partition, and then re copy all the data back to it from my pc? I'm sure there is stuff I don't need on the card since it is a different rom. I just don't have the technical savvy to know what is what! Sorry for being such a noob :(

Ok first of all,

• make a nandroid backup (in the recovery image since you are running CM6 you was able to install Malez recovery);
  • so backup you system on the existing 2Gb card;
  • place the nandroid directory on your computer;
  • place the 16Gb card;
  • format;
  • place teh nandroid directory on it;
  • back to malez recovery restore nandroid;
  • done;

Enjoy your 16Gb SD-Card :)

Guest petrosy

Having been using the rom for the morining now.

Nice and quick but I have the following issues

1. Haptic feedback on the 4 buttons at the bottom ( home..etc ) driving me nuts

2. Earphone sound not working even though the icon indicates the earphone plugged in.

3. The usual issues like everyone else has posted... ( Proximity .... )

Guest vanisleguy1976
Ok first of all,
  • make a nandroid backup (in the recovery image since you are running CM6 you was able to install Malez recovery);
  • so backup you system on the existing 2Gb card;
  • place the nandroid directory on your computer;
  • place the 16Gb card;
  • format;
  • place teh nandroid directory on it;
  • back to malez recovery restore nandroid;
  • done;

Enjoy your 16Gb SD-Card :)

Did all that, got Xian up and running. I find it isn't as fast as I'd expected. Quadrant score is only 623 compared to over 900 with LCR. Also, can't use FM radio which is one of the features I was most interested in. I'll play around with it anyways. Interesting ROM :)

Hey! My slideIT keyboard menu is gone :( hmmm