[ROM] Xian (LiquidF) v1.2a [11/1/2010] - CM 6.1.0-RC - MIUI 11.05

Guest xian1243

@ phh, xian, koud all the devs and everyone else:

i tried both cm6-xian/koud as well as frf91-rev2, and here are my experiences:

frf91

when i flashed it, it was very slow (by that i mean laggy and glitchy). But thats normal to almost all roms, so i let it stay on my device, for a couple of hours. but even after a few hours, I couldn't really notice any major performance improvements over my lcr 1.8, except for the contact list which (almost) scrolled without any glitches. The message scrolling was bad, the launcher pro smoothness was inconsistent, and there was not much difference in the opening times of dialer/contacts/etc. when compared to the lcr 1.8 on my device. I had tried frf 91 twice (or maybe thrice) more in the past, and came out disappointed every time. This time, the news about the working camera really got me excited, but sadly I was let down once again.

SO, I removed it. WHY? because I have really high expectations from froyo and to be honest I don't want to disappoint myself with this on my device. User experience is not built on top of benchmarking scores. If the rom is not able to perform smoothly, then there is clearly something wrong.

cm6

when i flashed it, i was blown away. the initial slowness that is consistent across all roms lasted for merely a few minutes (or maybe even less). everything opened instantly- the dialer, the contacts, the messages (I have 1500 of them and they scrolled neatly), everything worked smoothly . although the rom had its share of glitches, i had been totally blown over by it. One thing to note was that the quadrant scores on this were much less than frf91, but the performance had a downright upperhand over frf91. This is what IMO what it should be like.

STILL, I removed it. WHY? because camera is an important part of my phone experience and because im a little bit of a paranoid. IMO (god forbid) if there were not much future work on this and it could not get a working camera, I didn't want to spoil myself with this on my phone. Cuz I know for a fact that if i'd used it for a long period of time, i would have been addicted to it and then i wold have been stuck with a phone with a 5mp not working camera!!!

Im not criticizing phh. He's a TRULY amazing dev and I know for a fact that if it weren't for him we would not have MANY of the wonderful things that we enjoy on our liquids today.

Through my experience, Im just trying to point out the things the way they seem to me. There is something wrong somewhere and a new direction of development is needed (which is just my opinion). For all I know, it could just be that cm6 might be a better platform to work at than frf91. It could also be that phh is at the moment trying to focus on other issues of the rom. But, whatever be the case the community at this point really needs unified development to really see the progress the devs are capable of producing.

These are just my opinion. What do you all think???

Guest black_dez

Help, please. I can not sew XianKoud. First tried to ask to be .39. It did not work. Please .63. Same error. I do all the instructions. Displays the following message:

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/netstat

E:Failure at line 100:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/netstat

Excuse my bad English.

Help, please. I can not sew XianKoud. First tried to ask to be .39. It did not work. Please .63. Same error. I do all the instructions. Displays the following message:

Excuse my bad English.

Try downloading it again.

Guest barmyman

and yep, one more thing: i noticed one bug - my device is heating very fast! please, fix this issue.

i have an LCR 1.8 as my second rom and i am sure and no prob with heating there.

Guest barmyman

strange..right,will try to fix it by myself, anyway, thanks for confirming that this problem doesnt even exist)

Edited by barmyman

Guest botolo
strange..right,will try to fix it by myself, anyway, thanks for confirming that this problem doesnt even exist)

Well.. doesn't exist for me, but I'm using setcpu to downclock the frequency when in standby and I disable 2G/3G when I'm at home or at work.

I don't know how this rom heats if you keep the cpu to max all the time :D

Guest sinclaire

Hello All, I want to flash to xian ROM, i've already done the rooting.

However, when I wanted to flash the rom in the recovery it said verification failed.

Is it because I did not flash the latest bin?

How to flash the latest bin? because there is no tutorial about it, and the acer tool i found is the A1 tool not liquid E. is it the same?

Guest botolo
Hello All, I want to flash to xian ROM, i've already done the rooting.

However, when I wanted to flash the rom in the recovery it said verification failed.

Is it because I did not flash the latest bin?

How to flash the latest bin? because there is no tutorial about it, and the acer tool i found is the A1 tool not liquid E. is it the same?

- Full WIPE, backup then flash unsigned in recovery

Edited by botolo

im using 009 when flashing xian rom, so there is no difference with the latest bin in the first page?

with 039 you get a bit better signal (and some people have reported more battery drain). With 069 I don't know...