supercircle version 3 for sense 2.2 ROMs + Colour version

Guest FatherD

Guest FatherD
Did you find how to do this ?

Head over to here on XDA, quite late in this thread there is a discussion about uploading your framework-res and using an online script to add the circle icons.

The other coloured icons are over there somewhere too, so you would need to use one of the framework-res zips from there!

Hope that makes sense :)

Guest brbbX
Head over to here on XDA, quite late in this thread there is a discussion about uploading your framework-res and using an online script to add the circle icons.

The other coloured icons are over there somewhere too, so you would need to use one of the framework-res zips from there!

Hope that makes sense :)

Thanks, but I found it a bit complicated..

But I'm happy with what you uploaded! Thanks man!

Guest FatherD
Thanks, but I found it a bit complicated..

But I'm happy with what you uploaded! Thanks man!

Yep .. me too!

Thankfully liamstears put this zip together for me after I whined a bit :)

There are some very helpful and knowledgeable peeps over at xda .. and quite a few here who have instilled my faith in forums which I usually avoid like the plague :D

Guest FatherD

HELP!

Hi guys,

I am pants at working out how to correctly assemble a framework-res.apk and update.zip .. keep getting boot-loops :D

Could anyone help me to work into supercircle version 3 the attached icons, replacing the matching ones in /res/drawable-hdpi-v4 the resulting apk and complete zip would not need to be signed - as I am using Clockworkmod to get into recovery!

Please :)

icons.zip

Edited by FatherD

Guest seaders
Hi there, I did this a little while ago ... here are my notes on it:

Google around for custom bootanimation.zip of your choice

get into recovery by whichever method you use with the Desire connected on USB::

go to androindSDK/tools (installed on your Win/Mac/Linux)

Issue the following commands

Windows:

adb shell mount /system

adb push c:\pathwhereyourcustombootanimationis\bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource

adb reboot

Linux:

./adb shell mount /system

./adb push /pathwhereyourcustombootanimationis/bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource

./adb reboot

I use Linux, so I have no evidence that the Windows way will work! Hope any of this helps :)

EDIT: this might be a good place to find some mods:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=708173

awwwww dude, thank you so much! I know there've been similar instructions before, but this is the first time it's worked (could well be down to Paul's awesome r8, but I still wanna thank you :D ). I now have the beautiful Nexus One boot up screen,bootanimation.zip

which I love, it makes me just wanna keep rebooting the phone! do you know of a way to replace the initial HTC screen? or is that a much bigger job? I don't necessarily mind the screen, just the white brightness, I'd probably just do a simple invert of the image tbh. I may even edit the Nexus One one to put a HTC logo in there too.

Guest FatherD
awwwww dude, thank you so much! I know there've been similar instructions before, but this is the first time it's worked (could well be down to Paul's awesome r8, but I still wanna thank you :D ). I now have the beautiful Nexus One boot up screen,bootanimation.zip

which I love, it makes me just wanna keep rebooting the phone! do you know of a way to replace the initial HTC screen? or is that a much bigger job? I don't necessarily mind the screen, just the white brightness, I'd probably just do a simple invert of the image tbh. I may even edit the Nexus One one to put a HTC logo in there too.

My pleasure :D

I am not sure why this hasn't worked for people before, there do seem to be some different methods! .. I found this over at theunlockr.com and have been doing it since I had a Hero. I too would love to know how to change that first bit as well, it would be cool to have a completely themed start-up, but I reckon it must be harder to do, if at all possible - can't find any info about changing it anywhere :)

Guest inigoml
Strange .. it must depend on which framework-res each of us has in place before flashing ... very odd! :)

Sure. I've upgraded to R8 from R7 without wipe and after applying superboot again no issues with APNs anymore.

Guest FatherD
Sure. I've upgraded to R8 from R7 without wipe and after applying superboot again no issues with APNs anymore.

thanks for the feedback .. just done the same with wipe from r7 .. no problems at all :)

Guest LowRun
'Some Colours' version now in post#3

unsigned zip .. so flash with Clockworkmod :D

Thank you very much, just flashed this over the previous C version on Paul's "2.09.405.8 (Froyo) pre-rooted no hboot / with radio / deodex" with no problem. On boot i thought it would go bad because the boot sound was way quieter than normal and it previously always ended in a bootloop when it happened but the little bugger booted just fine and all seems nice and smooth.

Thanks guys, your collective works are appreciated.

Is it possible to add the colored wifi / data icons too?

IF so, how?

I don't want to lose my APN info! :D

http://clb.mine.nu/framework-res.r8.zip

I extracted this from the r8 wip, copied in the icons, zip aligned it and dumped it back into the r7 version. Works on my phone, your mileage may vary :-) unsigned so use rom manager or similar

snapshot.png

Edited by bhu73

Guest FatherD
http://clb.mine.nu/framework-res.r8.zip

I extracted this from the r8 wip, copied in the icons, zip aligned it and dumped it back into the r7 version. Works on my phone, your mileage may vary :-) unsigned so use rom manager or similar

Nice one bhu :D

I am working up a new colour set as I don't really like the wifi icons, or data arrows in that one .. but each to their own :D

Nice one bhu :D

I am working up a new colour set as I don't really like the wifi icons, or data arrows in that one .. but each to their own :D

I am not 100% happy either, this was just a first attempt at doing it at all....

Time to brush up my elite paint.net skills and get busy :-)

yes, I have the same issue! :D

Once I am "reasonably" sure Paul has finished messing around :D updating the rom, I will do a new version of the fancy colored %mod nonsense, I think the apn conf xml gets whacked.

You could of course just use apk manager and diy. Takes about 5 minutes.

Guest mecaro
You can use this zip file. It´s Version D with withe letters of the super circle rom and the APN doesn´t go away... :D

It runs perfekt on my Desire with the new r8 RC1...

Greetz

golf60

Thanks a lot, it works.

Pitty that there are no other coloured icons included, but at least the battery icon is there :-)

good work!