Dell Streak 2.1 update (21 devices) - Download here!

Guest rza.android

Guest worley
Is your reconised by windows as mine is not reconised by windows now :D, win 7 64 bit as wondered if a fastboot might work ???

Windows 7 64 bit as well (can also boot to Ubuntu/Linux 64 bit), comes up saying "Device driver software was not successfully installed - Streak - No driver found"

Power button doesn't do anything so about to pull the battery out.

Guest payneardo
Windows 7 64 bit as well (can also boot to Ubuntu/Linux 64 bit), comes up saying "Device driver software was not successfully installed - Streak - No driver found"

just tried the stock rom from here 4399 and now got to the o2 screen... looking a bit better :0, and nows its booted to android :D now do I try again :D

Now attempting the update to 2.1 again ...... ;) and looking good got a different screen now ;)

yes backup and running with the lovely shiny 2.1 android :D

Just install the stock and wait for it to boot, I didnt set it up just tirned off and then copied the new Update accross to SD card and then booted to that and waited and now Ok.

had to use the Tip from elsewhere in this thread, when I signed in to google use 3g as it didn't wok via wifi :D

Edited by payneardo

Guest Warpedflash

just add the driver manually...

control panel > device manager > find unknown device > use drive on my pc > pick from list >android phone > adb device

help, tried the install from the OTA and now just got the dell logo and it wont boot :D

and just tried the following method as well, with the same results, mine is also unrooted etc..

Mine is a 21 and i did this before reading that it doesnt work on 21.

Well it bricked it but i reupdated to 4399 which lucikly i had on my SDHCcard and that at least got my phone working again.

Guest Warpedflash

Does anyone here have the market working? if so is it over WIFI or Data?

I cant get my market to work at all and its all sad making... I just get authorising purchase/starting download...

Guest worley
Mine is a 21 and i did this before reading that it doesnt work on 21.

Well it bricked it but i reupdated to 4399 which lucikly i had on my SDHCcard and that at least got my phone working again.

Had to pull the battery out on mine at the dell logo after 1 hour, did the upgrade again, same thing, so going to try the stock version in a second, then try upgrading via the browser instead.

Did everyone upgrade via the browser (who has it working)?

Guest Warpedflash
Had to pull the battery out on mine at the dell logo after 1 hour, did the upgrade again, same thing, so going to try the stock version in a second, then try upgrading via the browser instead.

I did it using Update.pkg on my sd card

Guest payneardo

Check my update posted as got mine working :D

Hope it helps

Cheers

Dave

How have you got on ??? Hope you got it sorted :D

Edited by payneardo

Guest payneardo
Does anyone here have the market working? if so is it over WIFI or Data?

I cant get my market to work at all and its all sad making... I just get authorising purchase/starting download...

Market working fine here via wifi and seems a lot quicker :D

Guest Warpedflash
Market working fine here via wifi and seems a lot quicker :D

:D There seem to be some of us who cant get on it... gay... how did you update?

Just download it from your browser and it should ask you to install an update. If you havent done any updates it should work just great.

I downloaded the media fire link and tryied it on my o2 21 dell streak.

All i got was the dell logo issue!

I re flashed to 4399 and that workedso i am safe but this DIDN'T WORK on my 21!

I had used Androot yesterday to root it but that is all.

*Sadface*

Guest Greenarcher

Downloading right not @ 293kbps. I wonder if this is going to work with the US beta units?

Edited by Greenarcher

Guest Shauneh

I think the market issue has something to do with trying to use wifi to sign into your google account.

First thing I did when I was loaded with 2.1 was to click the market with wifi off just using gprs (no 3G signal in doors D: ) and sign in on my gmail account.

This they allowed me to use the market place without any errors, I then updated all my apps using Appbrain.

For some reason when I installed the first time, it did not detect the Update.pkg in the menu. I disconnected it from the PC took bat out, re-put it back in with panel and switched it on without actually connecting it to the PC. It saw the SD Card and I continued with the update.

After this I did a risky move and connected the cable because i knew I had low battery and the thought of it dying mid flash scared the poop out of me. So I then connected it and no errors while updating.

So far I'm finding 2.1 life really great :D

So yeah theres my story but again update an use this info at own risk :D

Thanks,

Shauneh

Guest HoTdiGiTi

Working fine, only problem was gmail icon said app not installed on fone wen pressed so deleted it and added it again all fine.

Market place working fine and facebook ok no problems so far.

Downloaded and installed all from the streak OTA using the link of a post on here :D

Uk o2 locked

Guest payneardo
:D There seem to be some of us who cant get on it... gay... how did you update?

tried an OTA update and got stuck on dell screen.

Went back to the 4399 update via copying to the SD card and using the volume buttons and then option 2, waited for it to boot and then didn't set it up

Then copied the latest update to the SD card and upgrade same as above

Signed in via 3G, and synched my google account. Then turned wifi on (still no wireless n ;) ) and signed in to the market and downloaded quicker than ever before :D

Now where did I put swype as the kwyboard I bought has gone missing....

Edited by payneardo

Guest popetodd
Is there some reason you cant flash the stock image on linux? Follow the instructions to flash the clockwork image, except instead use the stock one. You could also try to update using Update.pkg.

DOH! (slaps forhead...)

There is a linux fast boot in the clockwork recover install directory...

Worked the charm and I now am flashing 2.1.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Guest vinokirk
I'm going to have to go back to 4399 i think. Tried pretty much everything now and the Market just won't move off "Starting Download"

I find that scrolling up and down the page of the app your trying to d/l helps!

Guest vinokirk

Anyones Swype keyboad input keep messing up?

Hmm seems to be when dragging your finger accross the screen.

Im trying to add shortcuts to the desktop and as im draggin thru the list, it keeps selecting on as if ive tapped on it!

UPDATE:

rebooted and now all is ok!

Edited by vinokirk

Guest Dunhamzzz
I find that scrolling up and down the page of the app your trying to d/l helps!

The market sorts itself out eventually, when psx4droid came out it took me about 3 days before it fully authorized and downloaded.