2.1 Market Help Needed

Guest Paul Brown

Guest chopper70

I had this problem after updating to 2.1 Tried multiple resets etc all to no avail. After a factory reset I tried creating a new account to see if that worked BINGO I can now use the marketplace. It would seem that there is a problem with our accounts (google). Unfortunately I have no market history :D But I have imported my contacts from my old google account. I am now in the process of trying to install busybox via the sdk so I can Titanuim restore my apps :D Maybe this info may shed some light on why this happened. badword' sucks though, I was well chuffed to get 2.1 and this has taken the gloss right off it for now.

Guest chopper70

I've got a work around for the missing app market history, but you would need to have installed appbrain and synced with that before. When you reinstall appbrain if you log on using your old account you can reinstall from the synced list. Not ideal and no user data but better than searching for all those apps :D

Guest Paul Brown

Oddly enough mine started working again, i did a factory reset, instead of using my googlemail account, i created another one and attempted to download something using it. To my suprise it worked. Another factory reset, logged in with my proper account and again tried to download something and it worked perfectly. Still working now i think, both on Cell Data, and WiFi.

I highly doubt this is a fix, but i found it odd that it worked.

Oddly enough mine started working again, i did a factory reset, instead of using my googlemail account, i created another one and attempted to download something using it. To my suprise it worked. Another factory reset, logged in with my proper account and again tried to download something and it worked perfectly. Still working now i think, both on Cell Data, and WiFi.

I highly doubt this is a fix, but i found it odd that it worked.

reading up on it, changing the accounts makes the cache get cleared, so same method as mine, but a bit more long winded :D

Guest Warpedflash
reading up on it, changing the accounts makes the cache get cleared, so same method as mine, but a bit more long winded :D

Didnt fix mine... tried creating a new account... it couldnt download eiter... so i tried removing the dalvik-cache and nothing changed still get the same messages

Guest jnovello
Have you guys double-checked the date of the Streak? Many times when you flash, it resets the date to 1900. Until you fix it, you cannot access the market. Give it a shot and please report back if it works/doesn't work.

Correct date for me, but no Google or Market.

Guest worley
mine wouldnt let me sign in with my google account when i opened the market app. it gave an error saying use wifi instead! so i did the opposite and turned it off and tried again and it worked. i turned the wifi back on so i could get astro that came down fine. phew!

Likewise, I just had to disable wifi (even though it said to enable it) to be able to link my google checkout account to the market, worked fine on 3G :D

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Having the same trouble here.

Tried the reset and nothing, then logged into market with a new account and bingo it downloads fine. Reset again and tried my own and it's still not working, so i'm gonna ponce around with a new account just to see what's up with 2.1 then depending on a fix it's back to 1.6.

Strange how it seems to be an issue with specific accounts and not the phones. Could google be watching (cue eerie music here).

Guest Warpedflash

RIght after many problems not related to teh market i know how to fix the problem!

CHANGE TO A @GMAIL ACCOUNT!

Thats it! there should be a link on your googlemail page to do it. everything will then magically work... no idea why... also the picasa web albums will sync properly and they wouldn't before...

Guest WilhelmsBrick
RIght after many problems not related to teh market i know how to fix the problem!

CHANGE TO A @GMAIL ACCOUNT!

Thats it! there should be a link on your googlemail page to do it. everything will then magically work... no idea why... also the picasa web albums will sync properly and they wouldn't before...

I can confirm this works for me. Strange indeed, I liked the old @googlemail.com but I like my streak a lot more with 2.1

Guest Dogmann55

@Warpedflash

Great find and many thanks for that changing it to a Gmail address has indeed fixed it where nothing else was making any difference i wonder if those who had it working are already using a Gmail address anyway, i saw the invite to change on my Google mail but maybe Google should of told us it was necessary for the Market to work oh well at least it works now and is downloading my apps.

Marc

Guest Warpedflash
@Warpedflash

Great find and many thanks for that changing it to a Gmail address has indeed fixed it where nothing else was making any difference i wonder if those who had it working are already using a Gmail address anyway, i saw the invite to change on my Google mail but maybe Google should of told us it was necessary for the Market to work oh well at least it works now and is downloading my apps.

Marc

Yea i figured it was worth giving it a go as picasa was not syncing either and a google search came up with people complaining about googlemail not working where gmail did :D