J-MOD (based on Android 2.1)

Guest JohnPorter

Guest igor_anta
Didn't realise it was so complicated to create themes for Android :huh:

Is there any willing volunteers to help do this?

Well you have some color or style in mind? I could try something out.

Guest JohnPorter
it take quite a lot of time to make a theme

Yes I'm aware of that.

no offense but it probably wont be up to the standard of Ogiogi's XD

Perhaps Modaco should appoint Ogiogi as the official android themer....

Guest JohnPorter
Well you have some color or style in mind? I could try something out.

Thanks, igor_anta, will decide what I'm after and come back to you.

Guest OPTICAL BOOM
Yes I'm aware of that.

Perhaps Modaco should appoint Ogiogi as the official android themer....

we should ask him if he wants the job first >.<

Guest JohnPorter
we should ask him if he wants the job first >.<

I was been sarcastic at your implecation that no-one can theme like ogiogi!

Edited by JohnPorter

Guest AntonioPT
I was been sarcastic at your implecation that no-one can theme like ogiogi!

Ogiogi IS one of the best themers out there... So please don't be so arrogant... Just because you make a fairly good ROM doesn't mean that you're going to be like ogiogi. Probably, you're NEVER going to theme like ogiogi. :huh:

Guest OPTICAL BOOM
Ogiogi IS one of the best themers out there... So please don't be so arrogant... Just because you make a fairly good ROM doesn't mean that you're going to be like ogiogi. Probably, you're NEVER going to theme like ogiogi. :huh:

uhm , who we talking about?

Guest JohnPorter

I'm not denying the fact that Ogipgi is one of the best themers, if I have please direct me to the post where I said that. And I have never said I was ever going to be as good as Ogiogi and also never said I wanted to be either....if that was the case why have I asked if anyone was willing to help? I know my limitations!

I took a dislike to Optical Boom's post because I felt it showed a little disrepect, not only to me, but all others who contribute to the android community, to tell someone who is trying to learn something that he'll never be as good as someone else is pure negativeness.

I was hoping for helpful posts, not negative ones and certainly not ones that accuse me of been arrogant for been a little sarcastic.

I will PM igor_anta with my thoughts and ideas and we'll see what we can come up with.

I don't want this thread to turn into a flaming arena, so I'm drawing a close to the matter. Please feel free to post any suggestions for the ROM, any problems you have with it etc, but let's keep it on topic!

Edited by JohnPorter

Guest JohnPorter
uhm , who we talking about?

he was talking to me Optical Bloom, don't worry.

No hard feeling, if I've upset / offend you then I apologise fully. I noticed you've created a ROM too, if I can help in anyway then feel free to ask.....

Guest OPTICAL BOOM
he was talking to me Optical Bloom, don't worry.

No hard feeling, if I've upset / offend you then I apologise fully. I noticed you've created a ROM too, if I can help in anyway then feel free to ask.....

i apologise for my negativeness and no you didn't offend me. Believe it or not you've already helped me, you and flibble. I've looked at both of your ROM's extremely close and my ROM is based around being lightweight and retaining full function, your ROMs helped me a great deal developing what i wanted to do and how.

P.S The Android Community helped alot aswell of course.

P.P.S Sorry for being negative Android Community

Guest JohnPorter
i apologise for my negativeness and no you didn't offend me. Believe it or not you've already helped me, you and flibble. I've looked at both of your ROM's extremely close and my ROM is based around being lightweight and retaining full function, your ROMs helped me a great deal developing what i wanted to do and how.

P.S The Android Community helped alot aswell of course.

P.P.S Sorry for being negative Android Community

OK, apologises to you too.

Guest igor_anta

Jeez, you all went loco here :huh: Trust me when I say that theming is not that difficult once you mess around it for a while. So chill, everyone can be as good as everyone else, just takes time. Cheers!

PS. John, just PM the ideas, I'm available.

Edited by igor_anta

Guest OPTICAL BOOM
Jeez, you all went loco here :huh: Trust me when I say that theming is not that difficult once you mess around it for a while. So chill, everyone can be as good as everyone else, just takes time. Cheers!

PS. John, just PM the ideas, I'm available.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!

Ah, nothing like a bit of laughter to cheer everyone up... ;)

Guest JohnPorter
Well I've been playing around with a logo for the mod.

J-Japan-Flag-Red Circle

See what I did there?

edit: this was just quickly made, I'm sure I could do it better, if you're interested john.

That is quite good Rem1x, very good indeed. If you want to do some more work that be cool!

Guest primo007

Hi John!

I just wanted to say thank you for your work. A few days ago I thought, why not to give J-MOD a shot. It turned out to be a good decision.

I really like it, it's fast and stable. I only changed the music player and the file manager for my taste. Keep up the good work!

Guest JohnPorter
Hi John!

I just wanted to say thank you for your work. A few days ago I thought, why not to give J-MOD a shot. It turned out to be a good decision.

I really like it, it's fast and stable. I only changed the music player and the file manager for my taste. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments. Don't forget if you have any suggestions or problems don't hestitate to list them here.

Thanks for the comments. Don't forget if you have any suggestions or problems don't hestitate to list them here.

hello i install j-mod 1.1-work better than 1.0(gps crash is still present but...)

i have a new problem (not sure if connected to j-mod) i put headphone in pulse(first time i think) and after pulling back headphones,the sign of headphone in notification bar still remaining. now i cant make a call or recive one. i make call only if put call on speaker. no sounds from music or video with or without headphones.

i try reset to data factory but nothing happend,the headphone sign remain in notification bar and no sound

03092010033.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

03092010035.jpg

Edited by tunat

hello i install j-mod 1.1-work better than 1.0(gps crash is still present but...)

i have a new problem (not sure if connected to j-mod) i put headphone in pulse(first time i think) and after pulling back headphones,the sign of headphone in notification bar still remaining. now i cant make a call or recive one. i make call only if put call on speaker. no sounds from music or video with or without headphones.

i try reset to data factory but nothing happend,the headphone sign remain in notification bar and no sound

03092010033.jpg

03092010035.jpg

well... its not the problem of the rom..

i suppose its a problem of ur headphones jack..

cant call it a software problem...

try reflashing the rom.. the problem should be vanished if its a software problem...

if its still there... then certainly its a hardware problem...

Best Regards,

Xotic.

well... its not the problem of the rom..

i suppose its a problem of ur headphones jack..

cant call it a software problem...

try reflashing the rom.. the problem should be vanished if its a software problem...

if its still there... then certainly its a hardware problem...

Best Regards,

Xotic.

so back to 1.5 and service? jeeee...... :huh:

Probaj sve ispočetka pa ako je svejedno isto, ostani na dec update-u i nosi u servis. Sretno!

al koji je razlog? ukljucil sam slusalice i izvadil i sranje...

(why is this i pluged headpones and unpluged and s...t)

Guest JohnPorter

I will test this with my own mobile, I've never used headphones myself so be a good test. Give till tomorrow as I'm quite busy at mo.

I will test this with my own mobile, I've never used headphones myself so be a good test. Give till tomorrow as I'm quite busy at mo.

tomorrow? ...tonight? please?

i cant use the phone...

Edited by tunat