Ad-hoc network connection for Streak?

Guest Lunait

Guest BiboTheClown

Hi Guys,

Didn't tried the adhoc network connection before as I never needed it.

BUT... now I must admit that it's suddendly became a must have: my wife's last gift was an... ARDrone :)

I've tried several versions of wpa_supplicant yet (Galaxy S, moto Milestone, the one posted on this topic...), and few ROMs on my streak (1.5.1, stock 2.2, Cyanogen), but none of these is working : the connection seems to establish correctly on the adhoc AP, but is failing in timeout in DHCP request... Even with a static address...

The most disturbing fact for me is that with the same Cyanogen version my wife has on her Milestone, it works just perfectly (sad, she find the Streak a bit too... big...pfff): Connection established, DHCP OK.

Any idea ??

Thhhanks !

• 5 weeks later...
Guest andycai
Your steps worked but I had to work really hard !!!! and a little different than your steps

Until step 4 it worked fine.

My Step 5 was to copy the wpa_supplicant using Root Explorer

Step 6 and 7 worked as you wrote them :lol:

Now I can connect to ad hoc networks.

Thank you for your steps ! THEY HELPED ME VERY MUCH !!!

Is it 2.2? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest alexmoi
Hi Guys,

Didn't tried the adhoc network connection before as I never needed it.

BUT... now I must admit that it's suddendly became a must have: my wife's last gift was an... ARDrone :huh:

I've tried several versions of wpa_supplicant yet (Galaxy S, moto Milestone, the one posted on this topic...), and few ROMs on my streak (1.5.1, stock 2.2, Cyanogen), but none of these is working : the connection seems to establish correctly on the adhoc AP, but is failing in timeout in DHCP request... Even with a static address...

The most disturbing fact for me is that with the same Cyanogen version my wife has on her Milestone, it works just perfectly (sad, she find the Streak a bit too... big...pfff): Connection established, DHCP OK.

Any idea ??

Thhhanks !

I also got a ardrone from my wife for my bday. Asked for it because i really wanted to use it on the streak. Huge screen fast system etc..

With the streak i get to obtaining ip address and then it keeps looping until i get tired of waiting lol. With static it shows being connected but connected to nothing. With the ipod it will connect with no problem. The weird part is if i try to connect it to my streak (after doing an unpair if it was paired to ipod before) it will stick at obtaining ip but when i try to reconnect it to my ipod i have to do an unpair. So seems like the drone pairs with the streak in some way or another but then doesn't want to go any ferther. Adding the fact that the ad-hoc android fix let's us see ad-hoc networks but no way to have a connection. The streak was made to be used with the ardrone. Right size for comfort (ipad to big and ipod to small) and a strong system were my deal maker when asking for it lol

Edited by alexmoi