update-7546.pkg

Guest spences10

Guest jamezwarner

Using the old 6941 I can confirm fixes the LED flashing issue - but seems to have removed that silky smooth performance in NFS! Interesting, is this possible?

James

Guest mzsigler
Using the old 6941 I can confirm fixes the LED flashing issue - but seems to have removed that silky smooth performance in NFS! Interesting, is this possible?

James

From what I can see, it seems to be a kernel issue, which makes sense. All the more reason for dell to release the f'n source.

Guest mzsigler
I think we are in need of some help from the great and mighty oz... I mean paul. :huh:

Yeah, basically. I dug around as much I could, but it's gonna require someone who actually knows what the hell they're doing, lol.

Guest rza.android

i just flashed the system.img then did a factory reset

no flashing lights and build seems to run fine.

is there anyway to remove superuser as i havnt flashed the boot or recovery ?

i was previously on 6941

Edited by rza.android

I think we are in need of some help from the great and mighty oz... I mean paul. ;)

I'm surprised he hasn't been jumping around like an excited toddler already :huh:

Guest rza.android

hmm just put all my settings on the new build but when setting up google account with gmail or sync it says no network connection, but browser works fine.

is there anyway to resolve this.

*edit*

ah just disconnected wifi and it works fine

and facebook syncs now too.

Good Job!

Edited by rza.android

Guest Paul Brown

Does anyone have the 6941 boot.img?

I've tried looking for it, but i've no idea what to use. Do i just use the superboot from 2.1 info page?

Guest jamezwarner
yup all my FB contacts synced

what steps did you follow to achieve this? i add the account in the accounts list but it just loops back to the previous screen...

Guest Paul Brown

Has anyone noticed that theres less space for widgets in this new build? I can't seem to get as much on each screen as i did in 6941.

Most telling is the Facebook and Twitter widgets, everything just seems bigger.

Hmm... I got the flashing lights problem so I flashed with 6941 boot.img but now it won't allow me on my Rogers mobile network here in Canada. When I go to 'Network operators' and choose 'Select Automatically' I get 'Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network'. It was working perfectly fine before, any ideas?

Thanks.

[uPDATE]

My mobile network comes back online when I flash the boot back to 7546... of course the flashing lights also come back. Looks like I might have to go back to 6941 for boot, system, and maybe recovery.

Edited by EZ44

Guest ashwincr
yup all my FB contacts synced

so before you couldn't do facebook sync and now you can? did you just flash the system.img? I am just trying to clarify before I flash.

yes, just the system.img

I'm going to try the boot.img later, but would rather have one that hasn't been altered as I think that's the reason for the flashing buttons.

LCD density does seem different, which is why I want to try the boot, to see if its set in there..

Edited by fards

i forgot. You can flash boot.img from a booted device, using a rooted terminal....

In my case better terminal emulator.

su

flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img

Dunno if it would work for recovery (probably) and system(doubtful) but it works for boot. Much easier than fastboot!

Anyway i got the flashing buttons now,Guess something went wrong with the nandroid backup of boot.img

although it is a lot snappier and keypad input seems finally accurate screen density sems the same! guess ill flash back later on...

Edited by fards

Guest spences10
i forgot. You can flash boot.img from a booted device, using a rooted terminal....

In my case better terminal emulator.

su

flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img

Dunno if it would work for recovery (probably) and system(doubtful) but it works for boot. Much easier than fastboot!

Anyway i got the flashing buttons now,Guess something went wrong with the nandroid backup of boot.img

although it is a lot snappier and keypad input seems finally accurate screen density sems the same! guess ill flash back later on...

I know you can deffo flash recovery with flash_image because I have done on my HTC magic before.

Guest parcsalooc

I can confirm that after flashing the latest build, I received the flashing buttons. I also can confirm that flashing the 6941 Superboot after the installation, gets rid of the blinking light problem.

Guest spences10
I can confirm that after flashing the latest build, I received the flashing buttons. I also can confirm that flashing the 6941 Superboot after the installation, gets rid of the blinking light problem.

Good work parcsalook, what exactly did you flash? system.img recovery.img and boot.img or a combination of the three?

I'll update the OP accordingly

Thanks.