update-7546.pkg

Guest spences10

Guest Meltus

something i've noticed with the new boot.img, when you dim the screen (with automatic brightness off), you also dim the home/menu/back lcd's. It seems they're all linked now.

heres a nandroid of 7546. but dont thank me , thank the guy over at xda for posting

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bt2ni45trenvng8/Nandroid.zip

password: streak

original post

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=29

Yup thats the one we're working with . Could do with an unrooted one to test

The buttons are flashinh notifications i think was running debug then and it flashed in sync with warnings

Edited by fards

Guest Meltus
Is it worth it at the moment, how about a quadrant benchmark?

Just did a NeoCore benchmark and with the new boot.img i'm getting around 29.7 as apposed to 26.5 on the old 2.1 beta. Seems to have improved somewhat.

edit: Also, PSX4droid seems to run much smoother now :huh:

Edited by Meltus

Guest parcsalooc

Now let me ask you all this! Seems my protected apps have disappeared from the Market again. Went back and checked my build.prop and everything is the same w/ US and ATT in the fields respectively. I also download a new update that j/ came on the Market from Root Explorer. Do you think it is 2.1 or Root Explorer related? Anyone else having this problem? Maybe I am forgetting something or a step again.

Edited by parcsalooc

Now let me ask you all this! Seems my protected apps have disappeared from the Market again. Went back and checked my build.prop and everything is the same w/ US and ATT in the fields respectively. I also download a new update that j/ came on the Market from Root Explorer. Do you think it is 2.1 or Root Explorer related? Anyone else having this problem? Maybe I am forgetting something or a step again.

Were they there before you flashed back to the last boot.img?

Guest jamezwarner

Still having major problems with phone functions, quite often the phone will ring without any answer bar - or it will take 5 seconds for it to appear. Other times when a call finishes the phone crashes, requiring a hard reboot. Dell really need to hurry up this 2.1/2.2 release!

James

Guest parcsalooc
Were they there before you flashed back to the last boot.img?

Yes they were, very odd. Anyone else having this problem? Could it be the Root Explorer update?

Guest m4tt24

Before this update i had non of the above problems my phone was never rooted, after updating to 7546 the streak also ran fine, when i added rom manager, astro and rooted with androot to try and get the download back off my phone for you guys i started to have problems like described above, i also ran into a problem where if i put my phone down i would go back an hour later and the phone was either in sleep and unable to wake up or it had turned itself off (not entirely sure which but had to take the battery out etc to get it back on) since then i've taken off the apps and programs i mentioned above also unrooted and i have had absolutely no problems with my streak at all, don't know what was causing the problem but it's gone.

Before this update i had non of the above problems my phone was never rooted, after updating to 7546 the streak also ran fine, when i added rom manager, astro and rooted with androot to try and get the download back off my phone for you guys i started to have problems like described above, i also ran into a problem where if i put my phone down i would go back an hour later and the phone was either in sleep and unable to wake up or it had turned itself off (not entirely sure which but had to take the battery out etc to get it back on) since then i've taken off the apps and programs i mentioned above also unrooted and i have had absolutely no problems with my streak at all, don't know what was causing the problem but it's gone.

can you nandroid your boot.img you don't need anything other than to install the recovery.. you don't need root for that.

Install the recovery, run nandroid upload the boot.img

I'm happy to walk you through it on msn now if you want?

after you've done it and rebooted, then you will be back to stock recovery and shouldn't have any issues.

Yes they were, very odd. Anyone else having this problem? Could it be the Root Explorer update?

if they were available before you flashed back to the 6xxx boot then I'd say its' something in the 6xxx boot.img

Flashed back to the first 6xxx 2.1 boot.img we had, while keeping the new system.img

Quadrant is av 750, so the new boot.img is giving a huge boost, or theres an incompatibility.

Going to reboot and try again, both to check

Guest petesbodyparts
i'm just going to flash the system.img then :huh:

I've only flashed the system.img and have had no issues with flashing buttons or any errors in the log.

Also, with Bluetooth turned OFF for the last 28 hours, and WiFi always ON, the screen turns off every time. There is some contention here whether WiFI is the culprit for the "screen dim bug". At least for me leaving BT off has solved the problem (unless I get a call in the car!)

Guest jamezwarner
Flashed back to the first 6xxx 2.1 boot.img we had, while keeping the new system.img

Quadrant is av 750, so the new boot.img is giving a huge boost, or theres an incompatibility.

Going to reboot and try again, both to check

Maybe that speed boost in NFS with new boot.img wasn't just in my head! I'm now running the newer boot.img, though the lights flash it generally seems more stable that way...

James

Maybe that speed boost in NFS with new boot.img wasn't just in my head! I'm now running the newer boot.img, though the lights flash it generally seems more stable that way...

James

yeah I agree, although I'm away this weekend So I may stick with the 6xxx boot just in case, as there are unknowns with this current image we have.

if someone else could get a different boot.img or we could get the pkg it would help.

Guest m4tt24
can you nandroid your boot.img you don't need anything other than to install the recovery.. you don't need root for that.

Install the recovery, run nandroid upload the boot.img

I'm happy to walk you through it on msn now if you want?

after you've done it and rebooted, then you will be back to stock recovery and shouldn't have any issues.

Ok i've solved the problem with installing recovery but when i reboot and hold down volumes etc there's no option for nandroid just 4 options

Factory reset

software upgrade

screen calibration

power off

What do i do?

Guest m4tt24
This is taken from one of my posts, you need to download the Android SDK it has the drivers and fastboot in it.

The drivers don't automatically install, and the fastboot one even tells you its wrong so you have to manually set it this way:

Get to your device manager (Right click My Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager)

There should be an exclamation mark on a device called Android 1.0.

After seeing this you right click it and go to Properties, under the device tab click update driver.

Then Browse Manually for the driver, locate your Android SDK install and load the usb_driver folder, not the amd64 or i386.

Then pick the bootloader one.

This is what I did to get it working, bearing in mind that this is roughly the same on each Windows OS.

Thanks,

Shauneh

Worked a treat, thanks!

Guest mzsigler
Ok i've solved the problem with installing recovery but when i reboot and hold down volumes etc there's no option for nandroid just 4 options

Factory reset

software upgrade

screen calibration

power off

What do i do?

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...rboot-recovery/

Update: The stock 2.1 build has a built in mechanism that is overwriting the stock recovery image. To disable this, with your device booted and rooted, enter the following at a command prompt (in the directory where you extracted the zip above) before re-flashing the recovery image using the instructions above:

adb-windows shell (or adb-linux shell or adb-mac shell)

su

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system && rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh && mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

exit

exit

Guest mzsigler

And I can confirm that 6941 boot.img stops the flashing lights. I can upload the boot.img if someone else hasn't already, I need to catch up on the last few pages, lol.