update-7546.pkg

Guest spences10

So i do need to root afterall?

nope, never did,

tbh if you can do it you'll be a star as hopefully we can get rid of these pesky flashing leds.

main issue is once you've flashed the clockwork recovery go straight into it. Don't boot into the normal rom.

Otherwise it'll get overwritten by the stock recovery again.

if you want to keep the clockwork recovery (tbh it's so easy to flash again, I can't see why so I let stock over-write mine now) then you need root.

but if you're using clockwork to do a nandroid backup just once then its better to not root it as it looks like it produces a cleaner image.

---

install clockwork recovery (pauls 2.5.xx version works ok) using fastboot.

reboot and hold the two volume keys down so it goes into recovery

press 2

it may go black, but more likely after a couple of seconds it will show "android" then a menu (if it flashes the dell logo then goes blue you havent got the clockwork recovery installed, try again)

choose nandroid

and back up

when it's all done reboot normally

grab the nandroid backup off the /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup folder

upload the boot.img (maybe rename it .txt or zip it or something)

Edited by fards

Guest m4tt24

Thanks the reply (quote) to my question said i did

Right so i flash the recovery then it goes to the white screen with Fastboot mode download recovery done!, how do i get off that screen to reboot as it just stays there, the only way i could think of was to take the battery out is that right?

Thanks the reply (quote) to my question said i did

Right so i flash the recovery then it goes to the white screen with Fastboot mode download recovery done!, how do i get off that screen to reboot as it just stays there, the only way i could think of was to take the battery out is that right?

yup either pull the battery or type

in the CMD type fastboot (or fastboot-whateveryourusing,linux/mac/windows) -i 0x413c reboot

unfortunately fastboot reboot-bootloader doesn't work with the streak (At least for me it doesn't)

pulling the battery means you can get your fingers over the volume keys at leisure, the reboot way means you have to be a bit quicker, but it requires less fingers as you don't need to hold the power button :huh:

Edited by fards

Guest m4tt24

Thanks just backing up now, froze at backing up data, also the lights flashed when it started backing up :huh: , what do you need uploading to a host?

EDIT: might have to try again in a few minutes just stuck completely on data backup and the buttons are flashing around once a minute.

Edited by m4tt24

Thanks just backing up now, froze at backing up data, also the lights flashed when it started backing up :huh: , what do you need uploading to a host?

EDIT: might have to try again in a few minutes just stuck completely on data backup and the buttons are flashing around once a minute.

yeah that happens

it should have backed up the rest fine.

we don't need recovery or data.img anyway

ideally boot and system, but boot will do for now. ;)

the buttons flashing is what we're getting having flashed the other boot.. It seems to be a warning, and happens using nandroid I think, but you should be fine after a normal boot.

FWIW a zipped boot.img comes in at about 2.8mb so you can attach it to a post here..

Edited by fards

Just a little wait for the system.img i'm uploading them together shouldn't be long. :huh: it's showing the boot.img at 5mb

Nandroid seems to make the boot that size, Not certain how Paul gets his superboots down to 2.8mb without zipping them.

has you flashing buttons stopped after a reboot?

this is the boot image before rooting right? so fards did this fix the flashing light problem?

just rebooting...

mine flashing like crazy just after initial dell logo, but it's booting very very fast !

nope still flashing..

bugger! going to delete the boot first then reflash it

EDIT: No still no go its' flashing away after cleaning boot then reflashing it

mm interesting, it's still rooted, maybe I should factory reset to test again.. or wait till Matt has uploaded the system.img

Edited by fards

Guest ashwincr

So rooting has nothing to do with it. Nandroid is doing something when backing it up that causes the warning flashing lights.

Edited by ashwincr

Guest parcsalooc
Were they there before you flashed back to the last boot.img?

Fixed. I had to reinstall busybox and perform a fix permissions on rom manager. Rebooted and all apps are back on the market

Guest bimori

Noobie question here, is there a step by step guide to flash this update. I see that the OP provided a nandroid back up. I'm an ex windows mobile guy here. Flashing roms back then wasn't complicated..Thanks

Guest m4tt24

I would wait until some of these guys have managed to pull something a little more stable together, there seems to be a few issues at the minute, if i hadn't had the update sent to my phone from zingstaging i wouldn't be attempting it yet.

Ok this should be both the boot and system img's

http://www.mediafire.com/?97wnwwntz7q6f

I've uploaded the system.img again due to it apparently not working and i did have a couple of uploads failed messages when i did it the first time, if someone can let me know if it works

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgwmar8aai0iwqm/system1.zip

Edited by m4tt24

either I'm being a total tw@t here and not flashing the right boot img or the one you uploaded has been rooted already..

investigating.

nope downloaded again, flashed again, buttons still flashing root permission granted.

something weird going on.

M4tt24 is that definitely the right boot.img you upped?

Edited by fards

I'll try the system img then..

really odd.. Damn I need to learn more about android :huh:

your system.img and the one we had before are different... haven't unyaff'd it to see where, but flashing to test it.

Edited by fards

Guest spences10
I'll try the system img then..

really odd.. Damn I need to learn more about android :huh:

Fards,

Great work here, Well done

Maybe move all this info into another thread once we have a more simplified process

that system.img won't even boot.. 2nd dell logo (flashing buttons) then black screen.

sod it, flashing back to the other one, then going home..

lol thanks for trying M4TT

Edited by fards