FRAMEWORK! 'OxyBubbles' custom icons, supercircle D and notification background

Guest FatherD

Guest j.blaze
Absolutely no problem at all :huh: Glad to have inspired you, I in turn am very grateful to fightspit, liamstears an many others at XDA .. oh and of course Paul for the great Roms to work on ;) Could you drop some screenshots here as well?, would like to know what the icons look like first - cheers

Here are the screenshot. There are only small changes. New is the 2colored sync, the colored connection and the battery. Nothing special. There are even more icons, but the function isn't running yet. The Launcher Bar isn't in the same zip file.

post-705371-1282913205_thumb.jpg

Guest FatherD
Here are the screenshot. There are only small changes. New is the 2colored sync, the colored connection and the battery. Nothing special. There are even more icons, but the function isn't running yet. The Launcher Bar isn't in the same zip file.

Nice work .. I also use the Espresso bar Mod (I think that's what it's called) at least when I am running Sense, but I prefer ADW launcher, it's like the default Android launcher on acid!! :huh:

@Anyone! can anyone confirm that the r5 version will work using Rom Manager or Fake Flash?

Guest Raptor124

just flashed this and like it a lot - in the screenshot in post #1 there are 3 different status bars shown, how can i select which one i want. is there an option to change the battery icon to the stock one and leave everything else the same. i used the framework_res_oxygen_circleD.zip version

Thanks

Raptor124

Guest j.blaze
in the screenshot in post #1 there are 3 different status bars shown, how can i select which one i want.

It's all one status bar. One time in airplane mode, one time in WLAN mode and one time with normal HSDPA connection.

Guest FatherD
just flashed this and like it a lot - in the screenshot in post #1 there are 3 different status bars shown, how can i select which one i want. is there an option to change the battery icon to the stock one and leave everything else the same. i used the framework_res_oxygen_circleD.zip version

Thanks

Raptor124

Spot on answer from j.blaze, as for an alternative without the battery, yep sure will post one up much later today :huh:

Guest Audioboxer
Ok guys ...yep they are quite big, but I like the look of the background ' light panels' so I will do a revision around the weekend (on a break at the moment, by the sea, in the rain :huh: ) I will also post a version with the icons suggested.

Thanks for the kind comments :(

EDIT: New version with revised signal icons, based on my originals in the first post, let me know if they are too small!

Other revisions to follow when i get a second wind after driving for 7 1/2 hours ;)

framework_res_OBsmall_circleD.zip

Is it possible to get a signed version of this to work in amonra recovery please?

Thanks

Guest FatherD
Is it possible to get a signed version of this to work in amonra recovery please?

Thanks

I would love to do that, but I use linux and cannot find any software to sign zips! If anyone could guide me or roll some signed zips I would be very grateful :huh:

Guest FatherD

Thanks

Raptor124

for you Raptor, and anyone else who likes the default battery, but want the OxyBubbles icons .. here it is:

framework_res_R8_Oxy_defaultbatt.zip

post-628580-1282947771_thumb.png

Guest Audioboxer
OxyBubble kitchen FTW! :huh:

You got this working with the online kitchen? I tried to attach it to my custom bake but it never worked (using the upload zip feature).

Guest FatherD
Of course not, because the file format is different, ie content is "arranged" otherwise.

You are quite right .. the icons I have been editing are located in drawable-hdpi-v4 as opposed to drawable-hdpi folder as per r8. This means that the zips I make will also work on r7 and other custom sense roms, but stops them from being installed via the kitchen. I am going to work over all of the zips I have made to bring them properly in line with r8 folder structure very soon, I think this will also bring in other optimizations tailored for r8 .. so it has to be good :huh:

Guest Michelle My Belle
Nice work .. I also use the Espresso bar Mod (I think that's what it's called) at least when I am running Sense, but I prefer ADW launcher, it's like the default Android launcher on acid!! :huh:

@Anyone! can anyone confirm that the r5 version will work using Rom Manager or Fake Flash?

@ Father, j-blaze.

Which version of expresso bar are you using?

Could you provide a link please. The version I'm using posted in the R8 topic (leeDroid one), gives the expresso bar but unfortunately, the default sense lock bar :-(

I'm using the R8 Rom.

Thanks.

MMB.

Guest DragosP
I have no idea if this is going to work, as I am not on r5 .. theoretically it will .. so on with the tinfoil hat for you ;)

Now works, I have flashed the "framework.apk" with adb push after mounting /system partition.

BUT, now I don't have any icons regarding batery. :huh:

Just noticed there is a switch in Amonra to turn off verification, got the mod installed again :(

My version does have not!

Guest Audioboxer
Now works, I have flashed the "framework.apk" with adb push after mounting /system partition.

BUT, now I don't have any icons regarding batery. :huh:

My version does have not!

I'm using recovery-RA-desire-v1.7.0.1-R5-SLCD

Guest pawel.mrk

Ok .. here is a first go at it ... PLEASE BACK UP FIRST .. I have no idea if this is going to work, as I am not on r5 .. theoretically it will .. so on with the tinfoil hat for you :huh:

Removed!

Does not work with r5 ... will work on update soon

Yep, doesn't work with clockwork recovery. Can't open ... (bad) error.

Guest FatherD
Yep, doesn't work with clockwork recovery. Can't open ... (bad) error.

My apologies .. just tried to help out with a request for an r5 version, but i don't have a device with r5 on. If I can a version up and running I will post it here soon :huh:

Guest FatherD
Why is it that you can't cook this (framework in general) into a custom rom, and have to flash it after?

I believe it is down to the fact that the framework files that reside in the latest r8 froyo are in a different directory to the ones in r7, on which these frameworks are based. I have had a look at editing the .xml files so that these frameworks can use the same layout as r8 .. what a bugger it is to get right by hand, the .xmls are in binary format and so far all efforts on my part to successfully edit them, repack them into an r8 framework etc ... have failed.

Rest assured I won't give up easily so please be patient, I have some other work to do over the weekend, but will get back to it as soon as possible :huh:

Edited by FatherD

I believe it is down to the fact that the framework files that reside in the latest r8 froyo are in a different directory to the ones in r7, on which these frameworks are based. I have had a look at editing the .xml files so that these frameworks can use the same layout as r8 .. what a bugger it is to get right by hand, the .xmls are in binary format and so far all efforts on my part to successfully edit them, repack them into an r8 framework etc ... have failed.

Rest assured I won't give up easily so please be patient, I have some other work to do over the weekend, but will get back to it as soon as possible :(

Forgot to say; nice work :huh: Just did a complete wipe, added a couple of my own apk's to the R8, installed and rebooted... and installed this ;) Looks pretty good

Guest InspectorFrost

All flashed now, I've gone with the smaller "H/G" vers'

Looks sweet.

One other thing tho, is it possible to colour the signal bars through red yellow and green?

Think that would look lush.

Maybe a pretty mute symbol too.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the download and headphone icons too!

Great work!