MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Have just one problem, APN where not restored. Had to reconfigure myself. Otherwise, how to uninstall OpenVPN? Thanks

I got tired of reentering my APN's, so I got APN Backup and restore from the market. Entered all 3 APN's, backed up via the app and you'll have them on your SD card.

Works like a charm every time :huh:

Edited by ZiCoN

Guest rav1patel

I know ROM size varies depending on how you bake the ROM but does anyone have any idea roughly how much free space I can expect after a fresh install with A2SD. I'm only getting around 75MB with a fairly light ROM minus a lot of extras.

After updating to r8 (coming from r3.1) I cannot access the market, google talk or any contacts. Everythings results in a FC.

When I manually run the phone setup, there are all my mail accounts but the entry for the Google Account is grayed out with "google_login" as the Username. I can't change that and I really don't want to wipe my phone.

Also, there's no such thing as "Google Apps" Service/App so I could delete the cache where this is stored.

Any ideas?

Guest chipyy
After updating to r8 (coming from r3.1) I cannot access the market, google talk or any contacts. Everythings results in a FC.

When I manually run the phone setup, there are all my mail accounts but the entry for the Google Account is grayed out with "google_login" as the Username. I can't change that and I really don't want to wipe my phone.

Also, there's no such thing as "Google Apps" Service/App so I could delete the cache where this is stored.

Any ideas?

Reflash, and wipe this time. :-)

Guest arisingrealm

Hi,

I'm currently using a self-baked r8-desire rom. I'm often using apn apps like in "extended controls" or "apndroid", but none of them isn't working anymore. Although the default apn gets, for example, changed into "myapnextendedcontrols" or "myapnapndroid", 3g internet is still working. I've nearly tried about 12 different apn apps, but it's still the same.

Does anyone of you know what I can do?

Thanx

Michael

Guest The Virus 2013
I got tired of reentering my APN's, so I got APN Backup and restore from the market. Entered all 3 APN's, backed up via the app and you'll have them on your SD card.

Works like a charm every time :huh:

Thanks ! Very usefull...

Anyone knows how to remove the OpenVPN without changing ROM ? I don't need it so I want to remove...

Please ! ;-)

Guest aslsthlm
I don't want to. So if there's no other chance, I'll revert back to r3.1

I´m not sure if u can use 2.2 with hero

Edited by aslsthlm

Guest aslsthlm
I'm not speaking about the Hero. Clearly this rom is not usable with the hero.

I see that u change the device now, and put in desire to..

But I dont understand why u dont wanna do a wipe ?

Guest The Virus 2013
Delete it from the rom.zip and flash again :huh:

Thank you but it's just what I don't want to do... ;) I just want to uninstall OpenVPN but since it's on the System partition, I don't know how to do it.

Guest gregDT
I don't want to. So if there's no other chance, I'll revert back to r3.1

In which case you're going to have all kinds of issues with running custom ROM's. Often you can get away with a straight install without a wipe, but the general rule is that if you have problems then something from the old ROM is messing with something from the new ROM. In this case unless you wipe you'll never get the benefits of the new ROM and will always be stuck with some old and increasingly outdated ROM or a bugging install of the new ROM. I tend to wipe as standard and then do a Titanium restore. Whole thing takes about ten minutes.

Thank you but it's just what I don't want to do... :huh: I just want to uninstall OpenVPN but since it's on the System partition, I don't know how to do it.

than you must try it with adb...but i don´t know much about it.....the line you must type have in the commands...remount....and rm system app openvpm...and so on ....i think search a bit for adb

with kind regards..Alex

Guest DragosP
Thank you but it's just what I don't want to do... :huh: I just want to uninstall OpenVPN but since it's on the System partition, I don't know how to do it.

1. Rebout your phone in recovery.

2. Issue an "adb shell"

3. mount /system

4. After you have the system partition mounted, erase from /system/app what you want.

5. exit shell

6. reboot your device.

Hi Paul,

I baked a ROM without the stand-alone Facebook application, but now I don't have "Facebook for HTC Sense", and I cannot sync my contacts with Facebook.

What's the quickest solution? Can I flash/install only Facebook for HTC Sense? Trying to add a Facebook account, doesn't even let me click on the Facebook icon (Flickr/Twitter/Google/Exchange all work fine).

Thanks,

Lior

Guest Abra Cadabra

Hi all, loving this ROM except for one thing which I can't figure out.

I prefer the stock dialer/contacts application over the HTC dialer/people application. I've baked the rom with the stock dialer and it works fine except for one thing. In other Froyo ROMs with the stock dialer the favourites tab maintains a list of most frequently called contacts which is sort of like a dynamic favourites list. I find this feature really useful as apart form my wife all the other contacts I let the dialer build the favourites list by itself.

I can't figure out how to turn this feature on on this ROM though. I don't see options under dialer and have gone through all the other options under settings that I can think of with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest jason.bourne

Upgraded from r5 to r8. Impressed so far.

Question: a lot of the features above seem go be missing, mainly the ones marked optional. Are these available on the prebake or only in the kitchen?

Guest jason.bourne
Yea, if u got the r8 ROM with default MoDaCo additions then u need access to kitchen to get the rest.

What constitute to 'default addition' from Paul's list above? Eg do we get gallery 3d with prebake?

Guest kasper22

I dont know what is in the prebake, as i only use the kitchen(and there i can tick of "Gallery 3D installed to /system partition

* This option includes the standard Android 3D Gallery (this coexists with the HTC Gallery).

Guest Kiran J. Holla

My understanding of a pre-bake is that everything that Paul indicates as "Added" have already been included and everthing indicated as "Removed" have been removed. The stuff marked as "Optional" would have to be explicitly added through the Kitchen.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest ckjong

I've upgraded from the stock rom to R8. Everything works great so far except for one thing. I'm having some problem with 'Account & sync'. I find that if I enable Background data & Auto-sync, it would attempt to sync, but the sync would just hang there without accomplishing anything.

Here's a screen cap of Background data disabled.

post-752469-1283152045_thumb.png

....And after I've enabled Background data, it would attempt to start syncing my accounts, a 'sync' icon would appear on the notification bar, and the 'Sync all' button will change to 'Cancel sync'

post-752469-1283152025_thumb.png

The sync process would hang there without successfully syncing any of my accounts and would only stop if I click the "Cancel sync' button.

Manual sync of the accounts will still work and I have tried disabling auto-sync of my accounts one by one to see which account if causing the the sync to fail. The problem is, even after I have disabled auto-sync for ALL accounts. The problem still persists. The minute I turned on Background data, the sync starts and stays that way without accomplishing anything.