MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wiggy6230

@ ckjong

Hi there,

I take it this is a custon R8 ROM you have flashed, if so did you cook in the Friend Stream app?

I had this problem and cooking in Friend Stream fixed all the Sync probs.

Has been covered within this forum by others and myself.

Hope this helps,

Doug

Guest TheUntouchable

Firt of all thank you for this very nice rom paul!

Second, i have a question. I tried out the opendesire rom. The preinstalled apps like superuser or the google apps where shown in the marked and so it was possible to get update notifications for them. With your rom i have the problem that they arent shown. I first have to install them manual with the market. Is there any change to show them right after flashing?

Guest ckjong
@ ckjong

Hi there,

I take it this is a custon R8 ROM you have flashed, if so did you cook in the Friend Stream app?

I had this problem and cooking in Friend Stream fixed all the Sync probs.

Has been covered within this forum by others and myself.

Hope this helps,

Doug

Hi Doug,

;) ... I did left out Friend Stream...

I'll try to cook it in to see it that solves the sync problem.

Thanks! :huh:

Guest Raivis R.

After using R8 for some days I have noticed two bugs, one is purely cosmetic, another one is a bit annoying, first cosmetic one:

1) After returning from roaming network to my home network in Phone App when dialing out it still shows name of roaming network, most likely bug present in stock rom and just inherited

2) I cant understand how GMail sync works, sometimes I get notifications for new e-mails, sometimes I get new e-mails only on manual sync. Problem with GMail app itself?

Guest lubo777

After reflashing with R8 I have notied something strange with my WiFi conection, there is also a separate thread for this problem here

The problem is that when the phone is in sleep mode and it's not pluged in AC, it drops the WiFi conectivity in a few minutes.

- Wifi + screen on works ok

- Wifi + screen off BUT plugged into AC works ok

- Wifi + screen off => drops the connection after a couple of minutes

Latest Pul's ROM R8 with Advanced - 802.11N, wifi enabled in sleep (* This option has 802.11N support and also enables WiFi when device is in sleep mode. Credit goes to Myshkinbob for this module!)

Edited by lubo777

Guest pseudoreal

@Paul

o2 Germany is releasing soon its FroYo update. What I heard so far, it will have a higher release number than 2.09.

Do you think you can make your R9 based on this?

Regards,

Guest LouiS22
@Paul

o2 Germany is releasing soon its FroYo update. What I heard so far, it will have a higher release number than 2.09.

Do you think you can make your R9 based on this?

Regards,

I'm almost sure, that it's because of their own customization, etc. So this doesn't mean, that it contains fixes, etc.

Guest appetere

Hi there,

I'am running at the moment prebaked R5 with A2SD+ without any problems and now I tried to move to prebaked R8 with A2SD+, but get following error message:

Formatting BOOT:...

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x00060000

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x00080000

calling command write_raw_image

Writing BOOT:...

mtd: not writing bad block at 0x00060000

mtd: not writing bad block at 0x00080000

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 397:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Failure at line 3:

install_zip SDCARD:/download/r8-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed.zip

I've got similar error message during installation of several other ROM's and now I don't know what I can do.

Could somebody help me!?!?!?!?!

Peter

Guest TheUntouchable
I'm almost sure, that it's because of their own customization, etc. So this doesn't mean, that it contains fixes, etc.

Thats not true. From the official o2 facebook account:

Im Vergleich zu den bereits verfügbaren Updates für andere Desire-Varianten wird es sich um eine neuere Version handeln, die einige kleinere Bugfixes und Performance-Verbesserungen enthält.

It will contain bugfixes and performance improvements.

Edited by TheUntouchable

Guest chipyy

I can't see myself wanting to flash another ROM unless I decide to tweak and rebake this one, or maybe if I wanted to go completely different and try CM6 or something. This one is pretty much perfect. Fast and stable, battery life is good and i've had zero issues with it.

Hi, I'm new here... I become premium member. Built my custom rom in kitchen (MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Desire online kitchen - r8 - MEMBER MODE), click on "Click to Bake" after few minute download dialog appears, click on Save button, download begining (I'm not use any download manager, just default windows download) and after few minutes download freeze... I tried on difeerent computers- the same issue... Other files from different websites I can download without any problem. How I can dowload custom rom that I choosed?. Thx U in advance. Igor

Crosspost. Regarding BUGS in the radios associated with Froyo 2.2 for the desire:

32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2

This radio has a problem with the 3G/2G internet connection - after a few hours it seems to time out and no amount of disconnecting or reconnecting makes internet work properly again. Pulling the battery also doesn't help. Re-flashing radio fixed it. Tried radio from multiple sources, and checked the checksums. All passed. Weird.

32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20

I've noticed this radio version has a SERIOUS FAT file-system WRITE BUG. You will immediately notice the difference in write performance to the SD between this and almost any other radio.

Run this radio, mount your SD card as a removable disk drive, and copy more than a few files to the disk, or even copy files to SD via the phones' android OS, and you will get a corrupted file system on the memory card or other FAT weirdness.

My $0.02.

Has anyone else experienced any of these??

Guest Abra Cadabra
This radio has a problem with the 3G/2G internet connection - after a few hours it seems to time out and no amount of disconnecting or reconnecting makes internet work properly again. Pulling the battery also doesn't help. Re-flashing radio fixed it. Tried radio from multiple sources, and checked the checksums. All passed. Weird.

Can confirm this one with 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 - I'm running into the same issue been driving me nuts. Didn't realize it was the radio.

How are tha chances of getting HID support on this ROM. It really sucks to not have it, as I only have one cheap BT KB that does not support whatever other strange, standard HTC supports for this. I know there are problems withs Sense and HID, but are these possible to work around?