MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AV1985
Is there anyway to add the accessibility function that ends call with the power button ?

If not, is it something you might look into adding to the next / later version?

The following site shows where the option should be:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/5909/nexus-...n-to-end-calls/

Thanks.

Can I second this as since moving from r21 to this, this is a feature I really miss.

Also, even though this ROM has Contacts which can be used instead of People, it always defaults to the Sense version of Call Log or Call Receive screen, can that be changed, or given an option to change to the Android one, again much like in r21.

Other than that, I've not spotted anything else in this ROM I don't like. The issues I had before coming from r21 was that I was using TB entirely and it kept FCing programmes. This time I didn't and it's MUCH smoother, hardly any FCs!

Thanks Paul.

Guest flamethrower

has there been a fix posted for the problem regarding google maps and navigation having to be reinstalled every single time the phone is turned on?

Guest Balogh József
it works fine

I cannot understand. I have tried jbed java in every rom which i used. 2.1, 2.2custom, 2.2original, and now with this. I have installed the jbet in this way from adb:

adb remount

adb install Jbed.apk or adb push Jbed.apk /system/app

adb push libjbedvm.so /system/lib

adb shell reboot

After this I chek the two files, they are there.

Every time when I try to start java I get an FC message. How can I make to work this thing? :huh:((

Guest Noonski
has there been a fix posted for the problem regarding google maps and navigation having to be reinstalled every single time the phone is turned on?

It's not a general issue, so if the few that have it aren't that keen on reporting. Who knows.

Guest gregDT

Two reasons why this might be happening. First make sure only one version of Google Maps is installed. Don't do what I did and install the stock maps and the squrl brut version. And second, do a wipe when you install. The first time I installed this ROM I ticked both versions of maps and didn't wipe. I was loosing maps every time I rebooted. The second time I only installed the stock maps and did a wipe. Now everything works fine. Worth a try?

Guest Diggedy

quick question. Im thinking of moving away from a2sd due to the corruption bug, so am I right in assuming that I just dont tick either box in the kitchen and that will just leave me with the froyo apps2sd. Also, will I have to remove the ext patition from my sd card or will it be fine to leave it on there?

reason im asking is my phone rebooted during a titanium restore (apps only) and then got stuck in a boot loop so I was wondering if moving from a2sd+ was a cause

Guest Balogh József
I cannot understand. I have tried jbed java in every rom which i used. 2.1, 2.2custom, 2.2original, and now with this. I have installed the jbet in this way from adb:

adb remount

adb install Jbed.apk or adb push Jbed.apk /system/app

adb push libjbedvm.so /system/lib

adb shell reboot

After this I chek the two files, they are there.

Every time when I try to start java I get an FC message. How can I make to work this thing? :huh:((

Has somebody any idea about my problem? It makes me mad ;) There must be something common mistake, but I cannot find them. How could it be that jbed is working for everybody except me? I searched for install description for weeks, only these two files in every description. Is it possible, there must be any missing file? Help!!!

Guest snapilica
Thanks. Will download and check it out. Have you flashed this on R8? Does it work OK?

Regards,

Kiran

I've flashed it on R8 and works great (see my sig). I do feel a slight increase in Wi-Fi and 3G connection time.

Guest Kiran J. Holla
I've flashed it on R8 and works great (see my sig). I do feel a slight increase in Wi-Fi and 3G connection time.

When you say "slight increase in Wi-Fi and 3G connection time", do you mean the time it takes to establish these connections?

Have you seen any performance improvements at all?

I am currently on 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 which came with R8 and am pretty happy with the radio performance. What could be the reasons to upgrade?

Regards,

Kiran

Guest aslsthlm
When you say "slight increase in Wi-Fi and 3G connection time", do you mean the time it takes to establish these connections?

Have you seen any performance improvements at all?

I am currently on 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 which came with R8 and am pretty happy with the radio performance. What could be the reasons to upgrade?

Regards,

Kiran

None, if u r happy with the one u have.

Guest EddyOS

You can always give it a go and if you don't like it flash the older one...only thing I've noticed is WiFi connects in about 2 seconds after being turned on - with the one you're currently on it took 20 seconds

Guest TheUntouchable

Feature request: Is it possible to bind the volume up and down keys to skip songs forward/backward? I saw this feature at the latest CyanogenMod 6.0

Guest ph0rce

Just flashed one of the pre-bakes ( with default additions ), everything installed fine but I'm having some problems with the Market, everything I try to download fails.

I ( admittedly ) haven't read all 23 pages of the thread but if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great!

Cheers.