MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest St. Veronus
are you flashing with R8 with A2SD+(or A2SD)?

If so do you have ext3 partition on your SD card? I read on a xda forum repots, that there are similar problems when the sdcard isn't partitioned properly.

I was using the A2SD image, but just tried the first file and it has been doing the same thing for 15 minutes now.

Sub, just open a new topic for this. Since this is not in R8 it has no place in this topic and I don't want to be reading through pages of irrelevant chit-chat. Don't be hijacking topics like this.

Hi, my apologies, I thought at that. But I'll wait till R9 will be released. It may become obsolete if Paul include that mods in R9.

Till R9, silence from my side :-) .

Guest zombiefly
Hi, my apologies, I thought at that. But I'll wait till R9 will be released. It may become obsolete if Paul include that mods in R9.

I think you should start a new topic because I'm having problems and don't want to overload this thread.

basically i'm loving the extra life that I get out of the battery, I'm not loving the fact that gmail/facebook/etc etc no longer sync in the background. Could this be the new radio? Could do with some discussion on this, but not in this thread :huh:

I think you should start a new topic because I'm having problems and don't want to overload this thread.

basically i'm loving the extra life that I get out of the battery, I'm not loving the fact that gmail/facebook/etc etc no longer sync in the background. Could this be the new radio? Could do with some discussion on this, but not in this thread :huh:

New thread opened here: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...ods-for-mcr-r8/

Is it possible to include CIFS support in this kernel?

Either by updating it with a patched version, or maybe Paul can include it in the kitchen?

DIY

- get an flashable zip file, ie the signed_power.zip mentioned here to modify and make it flashable

- rename it to cifs.zip or something you like better

- open in an archivmanger: dig into META INFO until you get to the update-script

- open update-script: delete the two lines with "set perm", and save

- download a cifs.ko that matches your 2.6.32-15 kernel (or extract it from a rom that has it)

- clear content in system in the above cifs.zip

- create system/lib

- create system/lib/modules

- add the file cifs.ko to system/lib/modules in the above cifs.zip

- cp cifs.zip to sdcard

- flash the cifs.zip with rommanager

- get the cifsmanager.apk from xda, cp to sdcard an install apk

- your done, it's that easy

(edit: you do likely want also a nls_utf8.ko for better filename support)

Edited by woti17

DIY

- get an flashable zip file, ie the signed_power.zip mentioned here to modify and make it flashable

- rename it to cifs.zip or something you like better

- open in an archivmanger: dig into META INFO until you get to the update-script

- open update-script: delete the two lines with "set perm", and save

- download a cifs.ko that matches your 2.6.32-15 kernel (or extract it from a rom that has it)

- clear content in system in the above cifs.zip

- create system/lib

- create system/lib/modules

- add the file cifs.ko to system/lib/modules in the above cifs.zip

- cp cifs.zip to sdcard

- flash the cifs.zip with rommanager

- get the cifsmanager.apk from xda, cp to sdcard an install apk

cifs coming soon , please check http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...ods-for-mcr-r8/ from time to time

Guest Martin Stolk
DIY

That was insanely simple! Thank you for your help.

Would be a great kitchen option as well, but this isn't that much work either :huh:

No apologies necessary, I meant no offense, just that this would be more suited in it's own topic, to keep issues seperated.

Hi, small problem with the modaco rom:

Normally, in the sound options under ringtone, I had two options:

1. Select standard ringtone. This opens a white popup with all standard sounds.

2. Select custom sound. This opened a popup with all my music and sounds stored on my sd card. (It was a fairly large list)

But now I can't make a selection when I open the ringtone options, it just gives me a white popup with the standard sounds.

Can anyone help me with this?

Guest BashyUK

Hi,

Last week I downloaded a pre-baked ROM and all was fine.

Today I paid subs fee and got access to the kithen and baked my own version...all is still fine apart from I have a contacts icon as well as people and 2 phone icons as per screenshots. I'm sure I didn't select any Google contacts/phone options...any ideas?

Great work btw, looking fwd to r9.

2Contacts.bmp

post-755954-1283603950_thumb.png

Guest manom18x

First of all thx for this grreat rom! I install this rom and I didnt know that except for rom is a radio in the zip file. It is safe to install the same radio again and again? It is possible to avoid the installation of the radio?

Guest Murasaki_L

Hi, I just got my HTC Desire and I am new here, I got a few queston:

My Desire is SLCD, can I use this rom directly?

Do I have to upgrade the radio?

The last thing is what's included in r8 ROM with default MoDaCo additions?

I just want to make sure I can do it. Thank you for answer^^

Guest zombiefly
Hi everybody !

First of all, thanks to Paul for his work !

Even if I spent at least 10 hours rooting, installing ROM etc... (I got many bugs and freezing screen) I still have ONE big bug.

When I want to open the Market app. it crashes instantly.

Is there anyone know a way to fix it ?

Thx !

I have a HTC Desire with r8

Edit : Oh, I discovered that my adresse book, talk app and gmail app crash too...

try flashing the rom again with wipe enabled

I'm making a quick tutorial in a while :P Just have to run through the process to make sure i tell you the right way ;-)

EDIT: Here it is:

1. Download, Install and Run DiskImage as administrator.

2. Take a raw copy of your SD card like this:

ghost%20drive%201.PNG

Choose a location to save it, just save it on the desktop or something. This usually takes quite some time.

3. Unmount and shut down your phone, to switch the SD card with the new one

4. Import the data you just saved this way:

ghost%20drive%202.PNG

Now you are in theory done, but you might also want to make the rest of the card usable, so you will have to move and resize the partitions.

You can do this by following this guide. It is in danish although Google Translate makes it somehow understandable :)

How to resize and move partitions

What you want to do in this program is, to choose the SD card, move your A2SD partition all the way to the right by dragging it, then extend the other partition to fill out the rest of the space. Then press apply and you're done.

Hi tried doing this but it failed and wouldn't work when putting the backup image onto new card. :-( #

Anyone able to help me get my 4gb rooted onto my new 8gb card please?

First of thanks for an excellent rom. I have a weird problem it seems I can only add one gmail account. Every time I try to add another one as soon as I select sync now it goes back to the gmail accounts showing me the 1st account I used to sync the phone with, any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Also I have re-flashed after doing another complete wipe and same problem :/

Edited by huzzyz

Hi,

Last week I downloaded a pre-baked ROM and all was fine.

Today I paid subs fee and got access to the kithen and baked my own version...all is still fine apart from I have a contacts icon as well as people and 2 phone icons as per screenshots. I'm sure I didn't select any Google contacts/phone options...any ideas?

Great work btw, looking fwd to r9.

Wondering what theme are you using? how did you make it look so fantastic

htc widgets don't work with ap2sd+

Solution: extracted all apps from zip "/data/app" and installed it manually (widgets and adfree and adobe flash)

Problem: htcprofileswidget and htcringtonewidget doesn't work! exist any solution for this?

thx

mcpat

Edited by mcpat