MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest manisa236

I have prebaked R8 with A2SD+. I partitioned with Amon RA and upgraded to ext3.

I've been monitoring the A2SD and internal storage with Quick System Info after installing each app.

Although there's been some reduction in A2SD storage since installing the ROM, some apps are clearly going to the internal storage.

Copilot for example is a large application and ate up most of my internal storage. I am down to 100 MB already after just 10 apps!

Is this how A2SD+ supposed to work? I though it would install all of the apps into ext3 since ext 3 is mounted and symlinked as /data/app to the android.

Would move to SD work in this situation? or is it just for Froyo A2SD and it moves apps to FAT32?

Thanks a lot..

Guest dtomkins
if you also use titanium backup, you can save all your application/system applications/settings and restore them back to the newly applied rom.

ROM manager also has nice features to help you partition your card for apps2sd, restore backups etc.

Thanks - so presumably I run Batch - "Back up all user apps + system data", then flash the baked ROM, then restore this back up over the top - is that right?

Also - slightly off topic but will the Desire work with a 16GB SHDC - I tihnk I'm gonna need more room!

Guest NeidRider
you must wipe before flashing. I had the same problem so I wiped and reflashed and now it's ok...

Is there any workaround to the "disapperaing-google-maps" without reflashing and wiping?

I'm really not too keen to reinstall everything, even with Titanium Backup.

Hey, thanks! I didn't know that you could edit a baked ROM.

I have A2SD+ and a bunch of apps installed. What is the best way of flashing the edited ROM to keep my downloaded apps and system settings (accounts etc) ?

Should I make a titanium backup and wipe everything including the ext partiton, or just flash the edited ROM? (I have Amon RA via Unrevoked).

Whats the best backup option in titanium backup? All User Apps or All User Apps + System data? I read somewhere restoring system data sometimes causes problems..

EDIT: Downloaded prebaked R8 with A2SD+ again and couldn't find the Wavesecure apk. Has it been removed since the last time?

Think it's called com.wsandroid.apk.....

Guest lnoormohamed

hello

.... i am also getting problems with installing google search..... and now with the new update of google maps.... saying "package not signed correctly"....

paul please can you sort this problem asap.... other people with other rom's can install these apps but for some reason with this rom we cant.....

thanks

LA

Guest Rossaluss

Hey guys, I have a question that you'll no doubt know the answer to straight away, but you know, bleh.

I rooted with Paul's method, then flashed this build and all was fine, but then out of curiosity, I wanted to see what CM6 was all about, so I popped that on, decided it wasn't for me, and now when I've baked another of these to flash to go back, every time I try, it gives me the "E: Signature verification failed" error and I can't seem to get past it.

I've tried downloading it un-signed and installing it with both ClockWork and the regular recovery and nothing, I've also tried downloading it signed and trying ClockWork and regular recovery and *still* nothing, and I can't think of what to do to get it to work, or why it isn't working in the first place....

Any ideas?

It's probably just something glaringly obvious I've completely missed...

Guest Rossaluss
Hey guys, I have a question that you'll no doubt know the answer to straight away, but you know, bleh.

I rooted with Paul's method, then flashed this build and all was fine, but then out of curiosity, I wanted to see what CM6 was all about, so I popped that on, decided it wasn't for me, and now when I've baked another of these to flash to go back, every time I try, it gives me the "E: Signature verification failed" error and I can't seem to get past it.

I've tried downloading it un-signed and installing it with both ClockWork and the regular recovery and nothing, I've also tried downloading it signed and trying ClockWork and regular recovery and *still* nothing, and I can't think of what to do to get it to work, or why it isn't working in the first place....

Any ideas?

It's probably just something glaringly obvious I've completely missed...

CRISIS AVERTED. Don't know if it actually effects it, but I de-selected the 'include radio image' before I baked this time, and it's worked.

If that wasn't it, I don't know what was stopping it earlier...

Guest romvaillant

Hi everybody!!

I have a probleme but I think it will be easy for you solve it :P

I have a HTC desire with baked rom R8. I need to edit build.prop from /system but I cannot...

I tried several things but I cannot... I tried:

- Edit file with Root Explorer application but when phone restarts, changes don't stay,

- push new build.prop with adb push command, but I have read only file system error, so I remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system with r/w permissions but after it, I have directory is not empty error,

- Open rom archive, edit build.prop and flash with new archive but it detects, that I edited build.prop, in verifying step when flash from Zip!

I need to change one line : ro.product.brand value to "orange_fr-b2b" in order to run application (tv d'orange checks this value...).

Somebody have an issue, or idea?

Thanks for helping

Guest professordes

As per the previous couple of posts - Is it possible to persuade the latest and greatest Google Maps 4.5 to install on r8 somehow? It's giving a signing error in the logs when I try to install.

In a similar vein I can't get the HTC notes app to install in r8.

Edited by professordes

Guest professordes
r8 kitchen updated to latest Google Maps, Google Quick Search Box and Flash Player.

P

That's done the trick for the maps - thanks.

Oddly the HTC notes widget still refuses to add to a screen (though I ticked the box on the bake and it's there on the installed list of widgets)

Guest lnoormohamed
That's done the trick for the maps - thanks.

Oddly the HTC notes widget still refuses to add to a screen (though I ticked the box on the bake and it's there on the installed list of widgets)

i had this problem.... the soloution is that you will need to preform a hard reset

after this your widget should show up

hope this helps

all the best

LA

Edited by lnoormohamed

wonder if anyone can help - I am new to this but when flashing my Desire with this ROM I choose the "Advanced - 802.11N, wifi enabled in sleep" option

Is there anyway to revert back to the standard wifi - if so how ?

I'm thinking that using this driver is using excessive power

many thanks

mitch

Guest Albert Poon
wonder if anyone can help - I am new to this but when flashing my Desire with this ROM I choose the "Advanced - 802.11N, wifi enabled in sleep" option

Is there anyway to revert back to the standard wifi - if so how ?

I'm thinking that using this driver is using excessive power

many thanks

mitch

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings > Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy

Guest professordes
i had this problem.... the soloution is that you will need to preform a hard reset

after this your widget should show up

hope this helps

all the best

LA

I (re)installed r8 after a wipe and the problem was still there - I can live without the widget :P

Guys why my pinch to zoom function sometimes died after awhile. I need to restart my phone again to get it working back. then after a few pinch to zoom use, it'll be dead again. or is there any settings for that?