MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DeViL466
Hi, I use this r8 custom rom for a month, and I find that, after 1 day of usage (web, facebook, mail, phone calls, etc...) something eat the memory. The free memory goes down to ~20mb, the phone become very slow and I see less and less running processes. The only solution is the restart.

Has any idea about the reason of the problem? This is very annoying :-(

Hi,

I'm new here, however I'm using R8 now for almost one moth and have the same problem as Balogh. I tryed to find the reason by kiling one task after an other with the built in task manager. I found that it must be sense. I didn't actually figure out what the reason is, because killing sense and restarting it doesnt't solve the problem. After starting sense again only 55mb of memory is free. The built in task manager can handle the memory for a short while.

I hope it can help devs to find the reason.

greetz

DeViL466

Hi

Tried to install MoDaCo ROM (MD5 checked and correct) on my rooted HTC desire even after wiping everything (wipe data/factory reset AND wipe cache partition) got the following error message:

-- Installing: SDCARD:r8-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

HTC Desire

Android version 2.2, Kernel 2.6.32.15-g6a35a9; software number 2.10.405.2

ROM Manager to boot into recovery

Installing with ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7

Many thanks for your help

Guest BashyUK
Hi

Tried to install MoDaCo ROM (MD5 checked and correct) on my rooted HTC desire even after wiping everything (wipe data/factory reset AND wipe cache partition) got the following error message:

-- Installing: SDCARD:r8-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

HTC Desire

Android version 2.2, Kernel 2.6.32.15-g6a35a9; software number 2.10.405.2

ROM Manager to boot into recovery

Installing with ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7

Many thanks for your help

Don't need to use signed as you have clockwork mod...cook again unsigned see what happens...

Guest DeViL466
Hi,

I'm new here, however I'm using R8 now for almost one moth and have the same problem as Balogh. I tryed to find the reason by kiling one task after an other with the built in task manager. I found that it must be sense. I didn't actually figure out what the reason is, because killing sense and restarting it doesnt't solve the problem. After starting sense again only 55mb of memory is free. The built in task manager can handle the memory for a short while.

I hope it can help devs to find the reason.

greetz

DeViL466

I've found a real good app which can handle the memory problem easily. Automtic Task Killer, you can get in the market. Enjoy

Cu

Guest Lord_Phoenix

Hello everyone! Baked a great ROM for myself yesterday, spent almost 2 hours restoring and re-installing everything and after all found out that the Keyboard here is from 2.09 firmware that have a bug in Russian layout... =( Any chance it will be updated to the Keyboard from 2.10 any time soon?

Guest BashyUK
Hello everyone! Baked a great ROM for myself yesterday, spent almost 2 hours restoring and re-installing everything and after all found out that the Keyboard here is from 2.09 firmware that have a bug in Russian layout... =( Any chance it will be updated to the Keyboard from 2.10 any time soon?

Check r9 WIP below: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...chen-2-2-froyo/

Guest mark1316

flashed my 1st rom and love it great work. just got 1 question and its because im a noooob but how do i get the internet bookmarks page on a spare screen ? when i had it set up before i had 1 screen just with the thumbnails of my web pages

Guest pauli900

Over the last month I've tried several r8 roms and numerous r9 roms but copilot, google navigation and google earth constantly cause the phone to reboot. the most I get out of any of the programs is 15mins but its usually a couple of mins at most.

Each time I install a rom I do a full wipe and I've fixed permissions in rom manager.

Any ideas? because I've had to go back to my r5 rom which works perfectly for my needs (but the only version I have is a prebake and now the r5 kitchen is closed I can't bake a custom rom)

Hey guys,

I used the 2.1 mcr and updated to the new r8 mcr.

After that update i cant connect to a secured wlan access point.

I use the prebaked version from the kitchen.

I really need help. :)

Guest folletto

Is r8 already optimized for less battery drain or i have to flah power_update.zip or others? (deactivated perfclock in online kitchen)

Thank you in advance

Guest Ondra81

Hello,

I have an battery issue with R8 ROM. When my phone is running low on battery than warnig pop up asking me to plug the phone in appears too late. More specific at 1% of battery. Then phone dies. Moreover battery indicator in status bar remains yellow instead of turning red.

Any ideas how to fix?

Thaks in advance.

Guest DragosP
Is r8 already optimized for less battery drain or i have to flah power_update.zip or others? (deactivated perfclock in online kitchen)

Thank you in advance

You have to flash by hand.

Guest moveandfire
flashed my 1st rom and love it great work. just got 1 question and its because im a noooob but how do i get the internet bookmarks page on a spare screen ? when i had it set up before i had 1 screen just with the thumbnails of my web pages

Assuming you are using the standard HTC Sense launcher it should be a simple case of adding the bookmarks widget.

On the blank screen you want to use, press Menu button > Add to Home > Widget > Bookmarks.

Guest Phaw's Desire

hi there, i'm new here. i registered today coz i'm quite interested with this rom. i tried to install it but it always stuck with the htc screen with the www.modaco.com thing and the boy image.. i tried to DL both of them but same thing happened. any help????

P.S i have a 2.2 froyo rooted rom... do i have to downgrade it to 2.1 in order for me to perform the right installation of the rom? THANKS!

Guest spiry2sick

Hi,

I am running r8 and have recently deployed alpharev1 patched hboot to enable S-OFF. I have tried to remount the /system mountpoint with rw (and it works, I can write to the location) but updating of gmail and google maps through market still fails every time. What am I doing wrong? Also, is it possible to download just the apk files from the market, perhaps there is a way to do that? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Edited by spiry2sick

Guest microunveil

I installed the pre-baked "r8 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+" so that I get a feel for this ROM before a Premium subscription.

I am a relative newbie to Android and I this was the first ROM I installed, after rooting my Desire via unrevoked 3.21.

I have a few questions with regards to A2SD+ and this rom:

I formatted my SD card with a 15GB FAT32 and a 1GB ext3 partition, I can see some stuff on the ext3 partition after installing this ROM but nothing else that I install via market or ASTRO is going there. Also, I started with something like 128MB free system space and it clearly decreases when I install apks.

How do I get the A2SD+ to work? How can I check what is and not working with regards to A2SD+?

Please help as this will be decisive for me to continue using this ROM.

Thanks!