MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Nsonic101
Having same problem, not sure why?

Google maps, mail, market and so on not working.

UPDATE TO THIS:

I baked another to be sure I did not miss anything, used ROM manager (as before) however, this time I cleared the data and cache before doing the upgrade...success second time around.

Hope this helps, Liney

How did you restore your system data after the wipe?

Guest BlackWhite

If it has Chinese locale that's must be better.

I remembered the OpenDesire has Chinese locale.

it's very convenient than install a Morelocale.

and it support the contacts could be ordered by Chinese Pinyin.

report a bug.

call mum does not work cause the sense to close accidentally.

Guest vibranze

Fantastic ROM, this is my first time using your ROM :huh: Btw, I found that the Flickr setup is still not fixed yet until now, any workaround for it? ;) Thanks.

Guest tigris666

"Google Talk failed to login. If this is a Google Apps account, confirm that chat is enabled for this account."

Anyone get or know about this issue? I get it every time I boot up with this ROM.

Also having an issue with the clock telling me it can't figure out my current location.

Guest tigris666

I have attatched super circle battery mod version A for this r8 ROM if anyone wants it.

Paul, in regards to things like expresso bar, where it flashes on a new rosie.apk, what changes of yours will that essentially undo? I.e. in your ROMs, what have you changed inside of rosie.apk.

framework_AW_2010_08_25_05_39.zip

Edited by tigris666

Guest Kiran J. Holla

Baked myself a MCR R8 with the new Radio and A2SD+. All seems to be working perfectly.

Also, installed the Super Circle Battery version C as detailed in my earlier post. All seems to be well.

Only thing I noticed was that my APNs got wiped off once. I am not sure if it was the Super Circle that was acting up or APNDroid with Tasker. Both worked fine with R8 WIP which I had baked earlier. Hence, not sure what it is.

For now, I have disabled that Tasker Profile which disables Mobile Internet and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Paul, nice ROM and works great on its own. It is only when we try messing around with other Mods and additions that we run into issues. Thanks.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest Noonski
There's a small bug in the kitchen:

QuickOffice is actually installed to the /system directory, not /data. Which I prefer by the way ;-)

Quick office was being installed to System in all the WIP's and R5/6/7.

Thanks, but could you please explain why 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 radio image is optional on the latest MoDaco ROM - i.e. if it's the latest radio image why would anyone not want to install it, and would his fears be founded?

Some already have the latest radio installed and don't need the longer Flashing time an added radio gives.

Edited by Noonski

Guest sleaztek
Having same problem, not sure why?

Google maps, mail, market and so on not working.

UPDATE TO THIS:

I baked another to be sure I did not miss anything, used ROM manager (as before) however, this time I cleared the data and cache before doing the upgrade...success second time around.

Hope this helps, Liney

how did u get your data back????allso been trying everything everything works but the google map app.....

any idea????

Baked myself a MCR R8 with the new Radio and A2SD+. All seems to be working perfectly.

Also, installed the Super Circle Battery version C as detailed in my earlier post. All seems to be well.

Only thing I noticed was that my APNs got wiped off once. I am not sure if it was the Super Circle that was acting up or APNDroid with Tasker. Both worked fine with R8 WIP which I had baked earlier. Hence, not sure what it is.

For now, I have disabled that Tasker Profile which disables Mobile Internet and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Paul, nice ROM and works great on its own. It is only when we try messing around with other Mods and additions that we run into issues. Thanks.

Regards,

Kiran

I´m 100% sure that is the problem of battery circle mod...because i think you flashed a version based on the 2.06 test rom and not from the 2.09 ota rom...

Please have a look at this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=3

you will see some good links for working battery mods (who do not delete apn) and some other flash files and apk´s

with kind regards..Alex

Guest Kiran J. Holla
I´m 100% sure that is the problem of battery circle mod...because i think you flashed a version based on the 2.06 test rom and not from the 2.09 ota rom...

Please have a look at this link:

you will see some good links for working battery mods (who do not delete apn) and some other flash files and apk´s

with kind regards..Alex

I am not too sure. I have been running with the one I flashed earlier with no loss of APNs as yet. I have got the tasker profile disabled though. And that leads me to suspect that the Tasker Profile isn't working as expected.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest Kiran J. Holla

Though, I must add that the list of Mods on that link you provided is quite impressive. Will investigate them when I get some time.

Thanks,

Kiran

Guest Elemetrix
Okay, well I personally don't recommend anyone uses Titanium Backup and restores old settings to this rom, as I right royally killed my phone doing this.

Rosie went into a FC loop, so I went into recovery and wiped, and just for good measure used my linux box to format the ext partition to ext2 as well, then rebooted and the phone boot-looped the modaco boot screen :( Reflashing didn't fix it, and neither did attempting the usb unbrick. So now I'm trying a fresh fat partition on the sd card too (minus the zip files that are needed of course) but if that doesn't work either, I'm screwed :D

The modaco-branded boot screen appears for about 8 seconds, goes black and then re-appears, on an endless loop :D

EDIT: And formatting the fat side didn't fix it either ;) Totally bricked phone just from using Titanium Backup's restore.

I wonder if this is where my problems come from.. possibly having restored some settings that aren't compatible (I moved from 2.1 to 2.2)

Couple of other things I noticed, the voice seems to have changed. I had a tasker profile set up to tell me via text to voice that my WIFI was in range it would say "WIFI is Available" after installing this ROM she could no longer say it and says "Wifey is available" !! I could get round it by writing "Why figh is available" but that seems silly ;)

Also if I leave the phone on charge after it hits 100% charged it infrequently starts to discharge again and and the charging doesn't appear to cut back in (it dropped to 88% when I checked on it.) I don't know of a pattern behind it as most mornings it is at 100% :huh: Is this something it might do after more than a nights worth of charge i.e. 12+ hours I don't know..

Guest Asselberghs

Okay I might have found an issue, but I am not sure if it has been addressed yet. And yup I did wipe when I installed RC 1. The Scenes force closes. Under personalize in options. Is this because it´s HTC specific, and specific to Sense which I have disabled? then it´s fine, or is it in fact a problem? is it fixed between RC1 and the full release? I don´t have anything to use Scenes for, I just don´t like stuff force closing on my phone.

Guest Noonski
Also if I leave the phone on charge after it hits 100% charged it infrequently starts to discharge again and and the charging doesn't appear to cut back in (it dropped to 88% when I checked on it.) I don't know of a pattern behind it as most mornings it is at 100% :huh: Is this something it might do after more than a nights worth of charge i.e. 12+ hours I don't know..

There's a thread @ XDA covering sudden Battery Drops from 100% with a tip from some Custom support guy/girl.

Charge Device till Green while device is on >> Take out charger >> Shut down device >> Reconnect Charger in off mode and charge till the LED is green again >> Take out charger >> Start device >> Charge while device is on Till Green LED >> Take out charger >> Shut Down and charge one more time in off mode till green LED.

That's their advice, and i haven't had the weird Battery Drop anymore.

Edited by Noonski

Guest marcuso

Fantastic ROM as expected ;-)

Just the annoying bug with German week-days appearing as numbers in different apps is still there.

As far as I heard it is also in other ROMs (originating from HTCs own ROM ?), but as there are ROMS that do not have this bug there must be a way to fix it, right ? ;-)

@Paul: if you have any idea ...

Guest Skidder

I also get this. Install JuicePlotter from the market and let it run for a couple of days. You will see a definite pattern. The phone seems to stop charging after being at 100% for a couple of hours, it will then discharge to about 85% then start charging again. Unfortunately for me this usually coincides with me unplugging it in the morning. What I now do is unplug it as soon as the morning alarm goes off. Leave it for a couple of minutes then plug it back in. It will start charging again and be up to 100% in around 30mins or so.

Not sure if this is a hardware or software issue. Generally you would not notice this if you did not have the super circle mod installed. You would just notice loosing the first battery "step" quick quickly some mornings and not others.

post-734024-1282722754_thumb.png

Ah, good call @Noonski, going to try that over the weekend. Thanks

Edited by Skidder

Guest Noonski
Fantastic ROM as expected ;-)

Just the annoying bug with German week-days appearing as numbers in different apps is still there.

As far as I heard it is also in other ROMs (originating from HTCs own ROM ?), but as there are ROMS that do not have this bug there must be a way to fix it, right ? ;-)

@Paul: if you have any idea ...

Do you happen to know which ROM's don't have this issue?

(should make Paul's live easier as i think his German might not be the best around)

Guest sucramco

I had problems with Titanium, when installing this latest rom. Then again, this happens most times I do an update and full restore. The problem is when you restore all apps with data and or system, some of the settings and data must not be compatible or causes conflict. It mainly happens when there is lots of updates and changes to the rom.

All is working fine now. I did a full wipe and just restored all the missing apps with data. I figured restoring all apps with data would corrupt the rom as some would over write the ones that were just installed with the rom. I do not have force closes, no missing widgets and no reboots.

It takes a while to set up the screens again, but it's no biggie.

So titanium does what it is supposed to and works well.

On another note I have also changed my memory card to a class 6 from a class 4, to see if 720p recording works better. It doesn't stall anymore but the framerate is still low, it's certainly acceptable. I presume HTC haven't cracked it yet.

The battery life is the best I have had from any rom so far, it can last up to 24 hours easily now. Where as before even with no real use it would last about 12 hours if I was lucky.

Edited by sucramco

I am not too sure. I have been running with the one I flashed earlier with no loss of APNs as yet. I have got the tasker profile disabled though. And that leads me to suspect that the Tasker Profile isn't working as expected.

Regards,

Kiran

I know you flashed it earlier with no loose...but if i´m right and the link of you too (paul have it put to archive)...this was with r5 or something and this was from the 2.06 test rom...the framework res apk is not compatible to ota 2.09...i´m 10000% sure...please use a battery mod (included in framework res apk) from 2.09

with kind regards...Alex

Edited by [email protected]

Guest marcuso
Do you happen to know which ROM's don't have this issue?

(should make Paul's live easier as i think his German might not be the best around)

afaik (did not try it myself) all AOSP-based ROMS are ok and do show the correct german weekdays.

Been using r8 RC1 since it came out and I've been experiencing some weird Sense behavior.

More specifically, Sense restarts itself several times a day. I don't know if it's Android that kills the process to free up memory or if it's just Sense being difficult.

Either way, it's seriously uncool :huh:

Anyone else seeing this?

Guest Kiran J. Holla
I know you flashed it earlier with no loose...but if i´m right and the link of you too (paul have it put to archive)...this was with r5 or something and this was from the 2.06 test rom...the framework res apk is not compatible to ota 2.09...i´m 10000% sure...please use a battery mod (included in framework res apk) from 2.09

with kind regards...Alex

OK. Can you point me to a link from where I can download this please?

The link for the Super Circle mod in the page you provided earlier is broken.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest RevoWution

It appears the "embarrassed" emoticon issue has been fixed everywhere else except when inserting smileys in the Google Talk app :huh: Every other app seems to have normal, unsquished "embarrassed" smileys ;)

OK. Can you point me to a link from where I can download this please?

The link for the Super Circle mod in the page you provided earlier is broken.

Regards,

Kiran

no problem...look on my link (mod´s and apk´s) from my rom use : Battery Mod: A mix between Smooth Sense Icons and Circle mod (thanks hfpop)

or this from the thread: from site 6

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=61400

with kind regards..Alex

Edited by [email protected]