MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest j_simon208
Problem with that is that not all the apps will go to the SD card, so I have only very limited space available?

same thing going on here. After I restored apps from Titanium backup i have 55mb of internal storage..WTF?!! I had an initial 133mb of storage on first reboot!?

Guest choccy

Ok,

I got most things sorted now, my only real issue now is that I can't get the APN to turn off and stay off.

I have tried two APN switch widgets, but they turn it off and then it automatically comes back on again.

Can anyone please help with this, as I don't want the APN on all the time.

Thanks

Guest woti17
same thing going on here. After I restored apps from Titanium backup i have 55mb of internal storage..WTF?!! I had an initial 133mb of storage on first reboot!?

if you use A2SD+

internal storage is /data (symlinked from ext3 directory like app, dalvik-cache and app-private don't count!)

its 148MB and is read/write mounted internal space

most is in

/data/data

and contains no apps but prefs, userdata etc

take a look in this directory to see what sums up to your 148MB-55MB and maybe you can get rid of something that uses that much space

apps are in

/system/sd/app (the one from market), which is writeable ext3 partition, the limit is the size of partition you choosed

and in

/system/app (which are the apps from the kitchen), non writeable in normal operation and 250MB (mounted rom at /system, readonly in normal operation)

from 250MB in system (i have no social apps so you might have more baked in) are

~ 45MB in app

~ 15MB in bin

~ 2MB in xbin

~ 30MB in framework

~ 5MB customize

~ 6MB etc

~ 10MB fonts

~ 50MB lib

~ 3MB media

~ 2MB usr

Guest dodolom

Hey guys,

This might be a dumb question to ask but I am in the US and I noticed today that whenever I do a google search, it gives me all UK related results.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Guest z7x8c9

Google Goggles always FC's with this ROM... It also did the same thing in R8.RC1... I've tried everything (even a wipe) and the result is allways the same.

Anybody experiencing the same thing? Or have any ideas?

Thanks!

Guest meilechl
Ok,

I got most things sorted now, my only real issue now is that I can't get the APN to turn off and stay off.

I have tried two APN switch widgets, but they turn it off and then it automatically comes back on again.

Can anyone please help with this, as I don't want the APN on all the time.

Thanks

Go to Settings/wireless networks/mobile network and untick the box

Guest chipyy
Google Goggles always FC's with this ROM... It also did the same thing in R8.RC1... I've tried everything (even a wipe) and the result is allways the same.

Thanks!

I know this isn't an overly helpful post but I installed R8 yesterday and used Goggles a couple of times today with no issues. As I said, not particularly useful but at least it shows it's not a universal problem.

Guest @safDroid

if you use A2SD+

Thank you so much for your help... but I still don't understand what will happen if my internal storage comes to 0MB...

since the /data/data which is the only one which is not linked to the EXT3 (on the special partition of the SDCARD)

So "Menu" --> "Settings" --> "SD & phone storage" shows under Internal phone storage - available space 30MB~

And each additional application I'm installing it keeps get lower/filled... (exactly with the amount of the app MB mentioned under the "Manage Application"...)

Any idea? TIA!!!

As@f

Guest Noonski

Thanks!

Goggles doing great here, unfortunately.

Which Radio do you have, and did you try deleting Goggles application's Data in manage applications.

My market isn't working. Can anyone else confirm ?

I do have that downloads in market take a while before they start.

But everything installs eventually.

Guest ganjamu
Market is OK for me

It's working now cleared the apps data and did a reboot.Thanks.

Goggles doing great here, unfortunately.

Which Radio do you have, and did you try deleting Goggles application's Data in manage applications.

I do have that downloads in market take a while before they start.

But everything installs eventually.

Same thing happens to me but this happened with every rom

or at least all the ones I've used. Thanks for checking though.

Thanks for the excellent rom Paul !

BTW how do I get access to the paid versions of Lastpass and Wavesecure ?

Edited by ganjamu

Guest amcqu2

Hey,

Just like to thank Paul and any others for their work on the R8 ROM. I beleive it great only been using it for about half an hour, baked and flashed this arvo. Keep up the great work guys. I thought R5 was quite good this seems better.

So has anyone found a supercircle batt mod that:

a - Doesn't fu my APNs

b - Doesn't make the rest of my notification bar look like a toy store

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :huh:

Guest robot-bender

a - Doesn't fu my APNs

You can create it yourself by "version changer" that you can find on xda near battery mod

Guest Arty Marty

a - Doesn't fu my APNs

That toy store comment cracked me up... I needed a good laugh, thanks!

there is a "smooth sense" mod somewhere that is very respectable, has an animated sync icon and much better other icons, if I can combine that with a good version of the circle mod... Will let you know...

As for screwing up the APN's - well, I find they all do it sometimes, and sometimes not- its a bit random... - I just wrote mine down, saved them in a txt file in my phone, and paste them back in if they get blasted away...

As for screwing up the APN's - well, I find they all do it sometimes, and sometimes not- its a bit random... - I just wrote mine down, saved them in a txt file in my phone, and paste them back in if they get blasted away...

no..you must take one that is for 2.09 ota and not for the older 2.06 test rom...the files are incompatible....

maybe try this.. :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=3

with kind regards..Alex

Guest BlackWhite
Just set ModInstallLocation to Auto, or don't even use it, and let the OS/ROM do its thing. Problems come when you try to second-guess it.

I've got MIL on auto with A2SD+ and everything installs fine...Sky Maps included.

When I install Mod Install Location from market it said failed to install.

When I excute adb shell pm setInstallLocation 1 it said can not find pm.

It's meaningless to set the Default Install Location in an A2SD+ ROM?

I am using the prebaked with A2SD+.

I failed to install some software,

such as Google Sky Maps.

I don't think this prebaked is stable.

The most stable 2.2 Rooted ROM I've ever used is 2.09.405.8-update-bravo-stock-rooted-busybox-withradio-signed.

It also gave me a lot of internal memory.

Guest tigris666
BTW how do I get access to the paid versions of Lastpass and Wavesecure ?

There is a special forum you can see only when you are a plus member, in there is some threads explaining how to get them. IMO they aren't that fantastic, LastPass seems to be a whole other app rather than a browser mod, and it crashes a lot whereas the real browser doesn't. And WaveSecure's vulnerabilities have been discussed at length in other threads.

The paid version of titanium backup is worth the price alone though, not to mention the ability to bake the rom the way you want!

Guest Raivis R.

Thanks to Paul and all the others who contributed to this great rom. Baked mine a couple of days ago and flashed yesterday night, one thing that pops right into my eye - on WiFi I get better reception than ever had with any 2.1 rom. Probably that can be attributed to new radio more than to the ROM itself, but nevertheless, THANKS!

such as Google Sky Maps.

The most stable 2.2 Rooted ROM I've ever used is 2.09.405.8-update-bravo-stock-rooted-busybox-withradio-signed.

i think there was a problem on your phone...install mod work good on paul´s rom...maybe try the one i attached or the version of spare parts i attached here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=3

Also google sky install good....

Edit: i think you don´t have a ext3 partition...or it´s corrupt...maybe make a new one with rom manager from the market and than if you are in recovery make a full wipe and flash the rom :huh:

with kind regards..Alex

Edited by [email protected]

such as Google Sky Maps.

Do you have an EXT partition?

If not, either create one with Rom Manager, or if you don't want an EXT partition flash the non A2SD+ version of the ROM and use Froyo Apps2SD with ModInstallLocation.

You don't need ModInstallLocation if you use A2SD+ with an EXT partition.