The Official 2.1 Update (Build 8023)

Guest Greenarcher

eh, I bit, flashed it... ADW takes care of the crappy Dell launcher... as for laggyness, its laggy on some translucent menu screens... other than that, ADW fixed the home screen lag... its speed is more than acceptable. as for a modified build.prop mentioned in the first post? where is it?

Check out this post on XDA and download the AT&T Build.prop.zip. All the modifications have already been made and I can finally say that I see all the previously missing apps in the Market now. Don't forget to clear the dalvik-cache after replacing the build.prop file.

http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-develope...=build.prop#160

Guest jutley
Check out this post on XDA and download the AT&T Build.prop.zip. All the modifications have already been made and I can finally say that I see all the previously missing apps in the Market now. Don't forget to clear the dalvik-cache after replacing the build.prop file.

http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-develope...=build.prop#160

I had 1.6 before i added this its 50 times better than 1.6 the browser does not crash and lock up as it did on 1.6 so i am happy untill the official 2.1 comes along

Dos anyone have screen shots to show what they mean by the new screen spacing issue. I know the first 2.1 has reduced icons on screen, but i dont mind that so much. How is the new one different?

Guest radddogg
Dos anyone have screen shots to show what they mean by the new screen spacing issue. I know the first 2.1 has reduced icons on screen, but i dont mind that so much. How is the new one different?

Hey rovex, fancy seeing you here. Basically on stock you can fit 8 objects on the screen width ways, on the update it is 4 standard sized icons but with big gaps between them. ADW fixes that but may be worth just waiting for this wednesdays official 2.1 release

Guest mancterrier
I have an GAUSB1A111100 EU (bought from Dell germany) and if i try flashing with internal function (vol keys at boot) i got the "FOTA model mismatch" error. And i will wait for an update, which i can install with this offical method.

BTW my phone is from Dell and it is looking at http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A111100 for updates. I dont think offical updates come from zingstaging.com , i think this are beta version, but maybee im wrong and updates for carrier phones came from zingstaging.

Mines still going to the zingstaging url. Any ideas how I change it back please?

Mines still going to the zingstaging url. Any ideas how I change it back please?

Go to your phone dialler type *#*#307#*#*

It will go black screen with emlist on top. press home button if it doesn't clear.

Press launcher select emlist.

Scroll down to NV, choose ota server

To get rid of the engineering mode, go back to dialer. And type *#*#308#*#*

Hey rovex, fancy seeing you here. Basically on stock you can fit 8 objects on the screen width ways, on the update it is 4 standard sized icons but with big gaps between them. ADW fixes that but may be worth just waiting for this wednesdays official 2.1 release

Small world indeed!

Well i can handle the 6 you get on the first leaked beta 2.1 ROM, but 4 is stupid. If the official ROM is like that ill stick with the beta since it seems to work ok for the most part.

Guest mancterrier
Go to your phone dialler type *#*#307#*#*

It will go black screen with emlist on top. press home button if it doesn't clear.

Press launcher select emlist.

Scroll down to NV, choose ota server

To get rid of the engineering mode, go back to dialer. And type *#*#308#*#*

Nice one cheers fards...

Guest miker71

Just finished flashing this. All my purchased/protected apps show up in the Market and it's not looking at zingstaging when I ask it to look for updates - I reckon this is the build that will be released Wednesday.

Guest gingernator

This build is step back IMO. 6941 is the most stable and responsive rom i've tried so far and that's why i've rolled back (after a bit of work). I hope to god this isn't the official release because it runs like a bag of spanners. I have a feeling that they ditched development on 2.1 to get 2.2 finished earlier, so hopefully we won't have long to wait for frozen dessert goodness.

Edited by gingernator

Guest griff_dai
This build is step back IMO. 6941 is the most stable and responsive rom i've tried so far and that's why i've rolled back (after a bit of work). I hope to god this isn't the official release because it runs like a bag of spanners. I have a feeling that they ditched development on 2.1 to get 2.2 finished earlier, so hopefully we won't have long to wait for frozen dessert goodness.

Why does the 3 button icons keep flashing on this version????? every couple of minutes....... Also Facebook still don't sync with contacts!

Guest vagelis

So I thought I was going crazy; I had flashed successfully and then I had copied an older build.prop file for US on the system.

That made the about string misadentify the build as the 6931.

So question to all; does the 8023 still need an edited build.prop for US, and if so, is there one that is set for US?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by vagelis

Why does the 3 button icons keep flashing on this version????? every couple of minutes....... Also Facebook still don't sync with contacts!

It doesn't flash the leds

I'm presuming you tried to root it using the super boot?

the leds flash because of a kernel mismatch. Flash the update.pkg again and use universal and.root if you want to root it.

Fwiw I'm not sure this is the final release build, fingerprint is Eng.cmbuild still. Don't think they would sign that one off for release, but who knows?

Guest Phylar
It doesn't flash the leds

I'm presuming you tried to root it using the super boot?

the leds flash because of a kernel mismatch. Flash the update.pkg again and use universal and.root if you want to root it.

I tried to flash my US Retail Streak with the 4399 recovery several times, but every time I selected to apply update.pkg the screen went blank and nothing happened. However when i tried 6942 stock recovery, that worked, but I got this flashing LED issue. I didn't use the rooted recovery. Even then, it failed the first time saying something about /sdcard/update.pkg.dec Status: 0 and failed. trying a 2nd time worked, but this issue now.

How did everyone else flash it?

UPDATE: I flashed the stock US recovery from here, then applied the update.pkg again and the flashing went away.

Edited by Phylar

I tried to flash my US Retail Streak with the 4399 recovery several times, but every time I selected to apply update.pkg the screen went blank and nothing happened. However when i tried 6942 stock recovery, that worked, but I got this flashing LED issue. I didn't use the rooted recovery. Even then, it failed the first time saying something about /sdcard/update.pkg.dec Status: 0 and failed. trying a 2nd time worked, but this issue now.

How did everyone else flash it?

UPDATE: I flashed the stock US recovery from here, then applied the update.pkg again and the flashing went away.

Rooting and recovery are not the same thing!

Guest Phylar
Rooting and recovery are not the same thing!

I know - hence my question, as I was always using stock recovery roms. It was just odd how 6601 worked when 4399 didn't.

Anywho, what really screwed me over was Titanium Backup. I restored from my backup 6942 - EVERY process was dying (terminated unexpectedly), and I mean everything - gmail storage to marketplace to the phone, to ADW launcher... I had to reflash. Even then, I tried to restore just one app (ADW launcher so I didn't have to redo all my widgets and settings). Wow... still the same thing. What a worthless app. I had heard so many praises and in a simple scenario it didn't work.

Also, here's my build.prop for my fellow "yanks".

build.prop.txt

Edited by Phylar

Guest Chris J

Right I just tried to flash the update on my UK (02 sourced) Streak.

Renamed it to Update.pkg, put it in the root of the SD card, did the biz with the volume controls etc.

Part way in the process stopped with an Error, something about a problem with Update.pgk.dec ? and Status(0). In my panic I didn't take exact notes (stupid I know).

Anyway, I had to remove the battery to get it going again. Expecting a brick, it did actually re-boot.

The about screen now shows:

Firmware version

2.1-update1

Baseband

GAUSB1A120321-EU

Kernel Version

2.6.29-perf

OEM Version

GAUSB1A120321

Build Number

Everything seems ok but shouldn't the Build Number be 8023? Oh and should System Update still be pointing at update.zingstaging.com?