[FRAMEWORK] 'Silver Circle E' low on colour, high on style :) UPDATED!

Guest FatherD

Guest FatherD

Please back up before flashing ... and note down your APN just in case!

This post: Original version based on r8 / post#45 has revision 1 based on r8

Post #2 New version based on r9 using smooth sense framework, suitable for flashing over Roms whether or not you have smooth sense already opted

A new collection of silver/grey icons with minimal colour .. enjoy.

Please post your comments and suggestions, I will do all I can to help :huh:

UPDATE:

Revision 1: New icons and some other small changes .. enjoy! ;)

framework_res_Silver_CircleE.zip

If you have installed any Roms from this or any other source, this framework zip can be flashed in the same way. After having rebooted from installing any Rom you can go on to flash this zip. One proviso is that these zips, having been modified are not 'signed' so you must use a method of flashing which allows you to turn off 'verification', such as FakeFlash (sticky on this forum) AmonRa or Rom Manager. I flash and test all my frameworks on MCR r8 using FakeFlash. ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST!

post-628580-1283110834_thumb.png post-628580-1283110886_thumb.png

More details:

There is a subtle edit to the footer bar in the notification drop-down, as well as the 'wobbly grey droid'

New ADB icon, revised wifi/3/3G/E/H Airplane and Bluetooth icons.

the 'frame' around the reception bars is grey, but changes to a subtle red with a small white R when roaming (the bars are unaffected)

post#5 has a picture of the connection type icons showing examples of data in, out and both!

Enjoy smile.gif

Edited by FatherD

Guest FatherD

New version:

Silver Circles 2

Based on r9 with smooth sense (can be flashed whether you have smooth sense or not)

Reworked WiFi / Sync / charging icons / ADB / GPS etc.

Please backup before flashing, retention of APNs not guaranteed

Screenshots to follow :huh:

framework_SilverCircleR9.zip

post-628580-1285101023_thumb.png

The GPS icons honour the 4 image cycle in smooth-sense

The SuperCircle E charge icons honour the 33 image cycle ".

The Sync icons honour the 10 image cycle ".

Enjoy!

Edited by FatherD

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Hey FatherD, do the icons for signal type show the data streams (the up and down arrows in other icon sets)?

Currently using my own variation of the BrightSilence mod from XDA (before it included the blue carbon stuff which ruined it for me!)

Thanks...

Guest FatherD
Hey FatherD, do the icons for signal type show the data streams (the up and down arrows in other icon sets)?

Currently using my own variation of the BrightSilence mod from XDA (before it included the blue carbon stuff which ruined it for me!)

Thanks...

Yes .. I couldn't catch them with the screenshots I took so here is a pic for you well not the same but half-moons for up/down and both!

post-628580-1283118159_thumb.png

Edited by FatherD

Guest FatherD

@CaspaTheGhost

BrightSilence looks pretty cool, I think it is using a nice blend of colours .. one thing I notice though, no frameworks seem to be able to change/edit the USB icon, i can't seem to find which one to edit myself .. :huh:

Guest CaspaTheGhost
Yes .. I couldn't catch them with the screenshots I took so here is a pic for you well not the same but half-moons for up/down and both!

post-628580-1283118159_thumb.png

Ahh, nice mate... Cheers for that... So when data is going both ways its like a total eclipse! :huh:

Choices, choices, not sure whether to go for it or not... This is my current lockscreen and homescreen... What do you think? You reckon it will improve it?

snap20100829_230800.png

snap20100829_230752.png

Yeah, never seen a different USB icon, always the same...

Edited by CaspaTheGhost

Guest goaway

Maybe I'm doing something stupid, but whenever I install this, the phone goes into a boot loop - just says framework broken, force close, then phone reboots. Annoying, as I can see the lovely battery icon there before it reboots.

I've replaced framework-res.apk with the original one and it stops, so I'm sure it is this file.

Same happens with the normal circle-e too.

I'm using the latest Modaco R8 prebake (with additional stuff, without a2sd)

Edited by goaway

Guest CaspaTheGhost
Maybe I'm doing something stupid, but whenever I install this, the phone goes into a boot loop - just says framework broken, force close, then phone reboots. Annoying, as I can see the lovely battery icon there before it reboots.

I've replaced framework-res.apk with the original one and it stops, so I'm sure it is this file.

I assume you are flashing this after running the ROM for a while and not straight after flashing it and before an initial full boot?

If so, aint got a clue!

Guest FatherD
Ahh, nice mate... Cheers for that... So when data is going both ways its like a total eclipse! ;)

Choices, choices, not sure whether to go for it or not... This is my current lockscreen and homescreen... What do you think? You reckon it will improve it?

Yeah, never seen a different USB icon, always the same...

Hmmmm ... looks nice and minimal .. I am using ADW launcher with this, but I think it would compliment yours fine, if you have a backup of the one you are currently using, give it a test run :(

yep .. stuck with the boring USB icon :huh:

Guest FatherD

That is odd! CaspaTheGhost is spot on with regard to rebooting before flashing a framework over your Rom.

Did you do any other mods over the r8, what are the additional bits installed?

Guest CaspaTheGhost
Hmmmm ... looks nice and minimal .. I am using ADW launcher with this, but I think it would compliment yours fine, if you have a backup of the one you are currently using, give it a test run ;)

Got a thing about the Sense clock in black with the full screen animations so cant seem to pull myself away from it and onto a different launcher!

Would really love a further customised expresso bar without the plus button but with a people button in its place... But I digress...

I'll give your icons a go and see what I think, its the notification bar that I'm not sure about but I'll try it out and see... If I like the icons I might have to incorporate them into my current set up!

Just noticed your location as well mate, I'm just down the road in Hounslow as per my screen shots!!!

Edited by CaspaTheGhost

Guest igor_anta
Hmmmm ... looks nice and minimal .. I am using ADW launcher with this, but I think it would compliment yours fine, if you have a backup of the one you are currently using, give it a test run ;)

It's not stat_sys_data_usb.png? Crashing from the neighboring T-Mob Pulse forum to chime in :( Hope this helps. Cheers!

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Just tried it and couldnt do with the changed notification bar... Also I would need all the icons to be matching in terms of colouring... So WiFi in the silver too as well as music player (which is colour from the BrightSilence mod)...

Gonna stick with my current setup me thinks... Which is basically BrightSilence v1.3 but with the boot animation and sound removed!

:huh: ;)

Gotta say that these changes are pretty addictive, always wanna try something new!

Guest FatherD
It's not stat_sys_data_usb.png? Crashing from the neighboring T-Mob Pulse forum to chime in ;) Hope this helps. Cheers!

No! .. that's exactly what I thought, I also searched (not thoroughly) for any other examples of the USB .. no joy! :huh:

Guest FatherD
Fixed it, by doing a rebuild of framework-res.apk, with the xml etc files copied in, using instructions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...6446&page=2

For some reason none of the pre-built zips on here worked. Weird.

Very glad it's fixed for you, but I am really not sure why you would get this .xml problem when nobody else has reported it ... strange!

Now you have it running, any feedback on the frameworks would be appreciated :huh:

Guest djtosh
No! .. that's exactly what I thought, I also searched (not thoroughly) for any other examples of the USB .. no joy! :huh:

the espresso mods from xda are the only framwork mod i have used that changes the usb icon, after flashing that, the usb icon reads from stat_sys_data_usb.png, maybe you could look how it is done there

Edited by djtosh

Guest Grobie
Please back up before flashing ... and note down your APN just in case!

A new collection of silver/grey icons with minimal colour .. enjoy.

Please post your comments and suggestions, I will do all I can to help :huh:

framework_res_Silver_CircleE.zip

post-628580-1283110834_thumb.png

post-628580-1283110886_thumb.png

Thanks working well on R8,

Grobie

Edited by Grobie

Guest FatherD
Got a thing about the Sense clock in black with the full screen animations so cant seem to pull myself away from it and onto a different launcher!

Would really love a further customised expresso bar without the plus button but with a people button in its place... But I digress...

I'll give your icons a go and see what I think, its the notification bar that I'm not sure about but I'll try it out and see... If I like the icons I might have to incorporate them into my current set up!

Just noticed your location as well mate, I'm just down the road in Hounslow as per my screen shots!!!

I see what you mean, last night I swapped back to expresso .. and it's still my launcher so far lol .. it does look very slick!

The only thing it's missing is the ability to customize the bar .. thats exactly what I like about ADW .. choices, choices!

Yep .. sunny Harrow .. errr .. I'm not allowed to swear on this forum lol :huh:

Guest CaspaTheGhost
I see what you mean, last night I swapped back to expresso .. and it's still my launcher so far lol .. it does look very slick!

The only thing it's missing is the ability to customize the bar .. thats exactly what I like about ADW .. choices, choices!

Yep .. sunny Harrow .. errr .. I'm not allowed to swear on this forum lol :huh:

LOL, well it aint been too bad today, managed to get a good few hours out and about on the bike...

Really want expresso without the plus sign - proper no point in having it - but I do like having the big phone button!

Guest FatherD

Will upload a new version late today (very late) with new icons for call-mute, alarm, wifi and whatever else I can get done while I am supposed to be working :huh:

Will upload a new version late today (very late) with new icons for call-mute, alarm, wifi and whatever else I can get done while I am supposed to be working :huh:

Hi

Thanks for this great Framework, eagerly waiting for the the new version. ;)

Guest bbawden
Ahh, nice mate... Cheers for that... So when data is going both ways its like a total eclipse! :huh:

Have you got a link for Firefox?

Cheers.