o2 official 2.1 ota

Guest fards

Guest Owen McNally
http://update.zingstaging.com/downloadinstructions.html is the page 'Download Link' links to, but it never loads or just goes back to http://update.zingstaging.com/?version=GAUSB1A120321

im the same cant view either of the pages you list here!

im running a unofficial 2.1 update thats very glitchy seems to have the same baseband number as the update with -EU tagged on the end!

will this matter? i cant seen to resort back to stock 1.6! will i need to resort back to 1.6 to get the official upgrade?

help? advice? please! im a newbie at this!

Guest griff_dai
im the same cant view either of the pages you list here!

im running a unofficial 2.1 update thats very glitchy seems to have the same baseband number as the update with -EU tagged on the end!

will this matter? i cant seen to resort back to stock 1.6! will i need to resort back to 1.6 to get the official upgrade?

help? advice? please! im a newbie at this!

SNAP!!!!!!! no one is answering the same question I raised in the other thread about how you do this!!!!!!

SNAP!!!!!!! no one is answering the same question I raised in the other thread about how you do this!!!!!!

you should see the update request pop up when its release if not you go to settings about updates and update through there.If that fails just wait for someone to upload the official pkg here and drop it onto your memory card power your device off hold down both the volume keys and power button at the same time and when the menu appears select update from sd card.

Use the vol keys to scroll up and down and camera button to confirm and just sit back and let it rip.

Guest griff_dai
you should see the update request pop up when its release if not you go to settings about updates and update through there.If that fails just wait for someone to upload the official pkg here and drop it onto your memory card power your device off hold down both the volume keys and power button at the same time and when the menu appears select update from sd card.

Use the vol keys to scroll up and down and camera button to confirm and just sit back and let it rip.

Yeah. However i'm on the buggy 8*** 2.1 and wanted to know if I can update to this new official ROM or have to go back to 1.6 (which I cannot for the life of me get it to do)

suppose I sit tight to tomorrow :huh:

Guest jannism

I think it stands to reason that whatever build number you're running, it will always be lower than the officially released version. The build numbers represent development branches which are rarely complete versions and as such will have inferior numbers to the final build.

I think it highly unlikely you'll need to revert (despite being on an unofficial "official" build). Like you say, sit tight, word is this could drag on well into next week.

Edited by jannism

Guest griff_dai
I think it stands to reason that whatever build number you're running, it will always be lower than the officially released version. The build numbers represent development branches which are rarely complete versions and as such will have inferior numbers to the final build.

I think it highly unlikely you'll need to revert. Like you say, sit tight, word is this could drag well into next week.

Ya know what, I will :huh:

I can't be bothered trying again.