New Official rom :2.100.07.EMEA.GEN1

Guest pigra

Please guys, I know there is no need to say but... try to keep an eye on the battery consumption. Let's see if it has been improved or not coming from 1.100.39/09.

Edited by Cretu

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Does it wipe all user data and applications? Or flashing it is safe?

Well, you could always do a nandroid backup first, then restore it once you've flashed the bin. I imagine though that some changes are made to the ROM as well (not just the firmware), so if you're using the stock ROM, you might miss out on a few improvements.

Guest thenext1

Did this solve the bug where log files are collected in the /data/DxDrm folder until memory is full?

Can anyone check if the wifi driver has been updated? Wifi is my Liquid's achille's heel...

Guest K.L.Maxwell
Did this solve the bug where log files are collected in the /data/DxDrm folder until memory is full?

I'd like to know that too before updating... That bug has been driving me crazy for weeks..!

we need some more feedbacks, 1.battery 2.usabillity 3.speed 4.sound 5.camera

It''s great to see another acer update, but i'd prefer a froyo one :huh: for me all eclair updates are the same, just basebands gets updated. Since I live on an small island baseband doesn't make any difference in signals

Guest tombii

Can anyone check if the wifi driver has been updated? Wifi is my Liquid's achille's heel...

That bug was fixed, Acer provided a fix for it but I can't find it right now. Think I saw it linked here on Modaco before. Was just a small zip-file that contained new versions of the lib-files.

I currently use 1.100.71.AAP and the bug is gone so I assume it's not in the new one.

[Edit]Here's the link: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Pa...&SC=EMEA_24 [/Edit]

Edited by tombii

Guest thenext1

An easy question that no one asks: how do we flash?

Acer tool?

The old acer tool no longer works (crash on startup, or checksum errors): where is the new one?

EDIT: someone should really really make a thread with all the tools (Malez, root, roms, flash tools).

p.s. I don't have root or recovery installed.

Edited by thenext1

Yes, more feedback will be fine :huh:

Can somebody with this ROM and Liquid A1 download small app from market called "Free Memory" and post the maximal memory for user?

I hope in memory optimalisation ;) First ROMs had 150mb of RAM, than 166mb, now we have 190mb...

I have a strange issue that was already existing in the old 1.6 official rom:

Sensitive button are not sensitive anymore when the device is placed on a dock(car of desktop).

When you take the phone in your hand, the buttons are very sensitive.

Since I migrated to 2.1 official or custom rom I didn't have this issue anymore.

Could you confirm me that you have the same behaviour or maybe I should reflash the phone...

Guest barmyman
I have a strange issue that was already existing in the old 1.6 official rom:

Sensitive button are not sensitive anymore when the device is placed on a dock(car of desktop).

When you take the phone in your hand, the buttons are very sensitive.

Since I migrated to 2.1 official or custom rom I didn't have this issue anymore.

Could you confirm me that you have the same behaviour or maybe I should reflash the phone...

this problem is an old school hardware problem.

can be solved like this:

settings - sound&display - keypad sensitivity - high

this problem is an old school hardware problem.

can be solved like this:

settings - sound&display - keypad sensitivity - high

The setting was already set to High, I think it is by default.

I tried to set it to Low then High, maybe it will be ok...

Edited by pigra

An easy question that no one asks: how do we flash?

Acer tool?

The old acer tool no longer works (crash on startup, or checksum errors): where is the new one?

EDIT: someone should really really make a thread with all the tools (Malez, root, roms, flash tools).

p.s. I don't have root or recovery installed.

Are u using win vista or 7???

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Is it worrying that while the link given above still works, the ROM has dissappeared at least from EU sites? (Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands)