New Official rom :2.100.07.EMEA.GEN1

Guest pigra

Guest jayziac

Just an FYI, I have Liquid A1 & using Windows XP SP3 and all previous acer flash tools used to work except the one that came with this latest version. It kept saying it failed and I need to unplug, reset liquid battery and retry, but it keeps failing. So I downloaded just the .bin file and flashed with the older Acer Download Tool v3.1 (dated 10/2009) that doesn't do any version checking (so use carefuly). It did complain about failing MD5 check, but I did it anyway since the .bin filesize matched the same .bin that existed in the 'acer tools' dir when the installer was stuck in that stage. Anyway everything went smoothly. It's just too bad that Acer can't get a better working installer.

Can anyone make a overclock kernel for the original OS_Acer_2.100.07.EMEA.GEN1_A21E_A?

Just use previous kernels, custom kernels aren't related to a specific firmware.

Are there any overclock kernels for stock ROMs?

Overclocked kernels are kernels built from sources, so isn't related in any way to stock rom.

Also the ramdisk image is equal to 09/39 one (checked), so you can use every overclocked boot image built for the previous firmwares (05/09/39).

Guest Piti8576
Just use previous kernels, custom kernels aren't related to a specific firmware.

I have used Boot 1.100.15 OC.rar from here and use the 998 img.

But my WLAN doesnt work with this.

I need a overclock kernel for OS_Acer_2.100.07.EMEA.GEN1_A21E_A Stock.

I dont use a custom rom.

I dont use a custom rom.

Your kernel doesn't update dhd.ko, you need to push dhd.ko in the right path, follow the instructions that should be in the thread where you have found the image :huh:

I dont use a custom rom.

If I put an overclock kernel with a too high frequency, is-it still possible to start the phone in recovery mode so I can restore it for example (I.E. the overclock is applied only when you start the phone in normal mode) ?

If I put an overclock kernel with a too high frequency, is-it still possible to start the phone in recovery mode so I can restore it for example (I.E. the overclock is applied only when you start the phone in normal mode) ?

Yes, you should be able to start it directly in fastboot mode for flashing a 'safe' image.

But anyway, first to flash a 'potentially unsafe' boot image, you should test it without flashing:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 boot boot.img

after a reset you will go back to the flashed image.

Yes, you should be able to start it directly in fastboot mode for flashing a 'safe' image.

But anyway, first to flash a 'potentially unsafe' boot image, you should test it without flashing:

adb reboot bootloader

Thanks I will do some testing this afternoon may be

Guest thenext1

Is it me or this firmware the battery seems to drain even faster than previous ones? (namely 1.100.39)

Ujnplugged this morning, 1mn incoming call, always on 3g coverage, no fiddling, and now it's already at 90%....

adb reboot bootloader

I did try some boot.img using this method and it seems that it is working. But after few minutes, the sound is not working anymore. Everything else seems working normally .... :huh:

Does anybody have the same issue ? I used the img files from this rar Boot_110015_OC.rar. I also try the one from pph but when I try to boot with them I have the following message : invalid boot image !

Edited by gi4257

Guest K.L.Maxwell

I just updated from 1.100.39 and flashed malez recovery...

Now, can I restore a Nandroid backup to have my apps and data back or is it somewhat risky/wrong/imposible?

Edited by K.L.Maxwell

Now, can I restore a Nandroid backup to have my apps and data back or is it somewhat risky/wrong/imposible?

No, it will overwrite all but the baseband, so you'll lose almost every new firmware change.

You should use Titanium Backup for backup/restore user apps.

Guest MrVanes

I did, so yes, you can. But the only thing that will be updated on your phone afterwards will be the radio firmware. You won't enjoy any other improvements Acer made to their libraries or other apps.

I did try some boot.img using this method and it seems that it is working. But after few minutes, the sound is not working anymore. Everything else seems working normally .... :huh:

Does anybody have the same issue ? I used the img files from this rar Boot_110015_OC.rar. I also try the one from pph but when I try to boot with them I have the following message : invalid boot image !

Try to flash it, the repack script sometimes doesn't produce a directly bootable image (it's related to the deploy value passed to it), but once flashed it will work.

Try to flash it, the repack script sometimes doesn't produce a directly bootable image (it's related to the deploy value passed to it), but once flashed it will work.

I flashed the 920 oc pph ... and at the time being it seems ok (sounds still ok) ...

I was wondering : does someone knows what are the "normal" battery temperature for the phone and what are the maximum temperature before that the battery cannot be charged ?

ok might sound a little stupid, but did anyone in the AAP (asia, asia-pacific) region flash this successfully??

I had the CSL one, it shouldn't be a prob flashing this one over AAP, I guess