Custom U8100 ROM RLS6 [2010-09-29]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
is it empty? size is showed as 0 but with rootexplorer u can see its contents.

The proc file system doesn't really contain "real" files. Similar to the /dev and /sys it's tied to the kernel.

It's created by the kernel during boot and on my phone it contains information.

This is what I get on my phone:

# cat proc/cmdline

cat proc/cmdline

mem=211M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.localproppath=expert/se

This is what I get on my phone:

# cat proc/cmdline

cat proc/cmdline

mem=211M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.localproppath=expert/se

mem=211M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.localproppath=t-mobile/mk

exactly same data inside, just localproppath is diferent. somewhere i saw BB saying that was the one to blame for baseband version showing as unknown. if just i could build this crap into kernel / boot.img .... damn

if u can modify ur boot.img from RLS5 with this, pls share it :lol:

Edited by Gjole86

Guest kallt_kaffe
mem=211M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.localproppath=t-mobile/mk

exactly same data inside, just localproppath is diferent. somewhere i saw BB saying that was the one to blame for baseband version showing as unknown. if just i could build this crap into kernel / boot.img .... damn

if u can modify ur boot.img from RLS5 with this, pls share it :lol:

Everything except the last part is in the boot.img (use a hexeditor to see it). The last part I think comes from something else and is only changed if you do a full UPDATA.APP flash.

boot.img from RLS5 on my phone has contents in /proc/cmdline, not sure why it does not on your phone. As I said in a different thread it may make a difference if you flash a different UPDATA.APP.

Guest kallt_kaffe
there is "time-machine" for minis? (not sure if it can be called time machine, all roms for minis are 2.1 :lol:)

Not sure I'm following you here, but what I mean is what happens if you flash the U8100 Expert Sweden UPDATA.APP which is the one I based the build upon. Flashing an UPDATA.APP changes more things than doing a recovery flash.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Overlocked, JIT- and swap-enabled RLS6 in first post. Do NOT forget to clear dalvik-cache if you're upgrading from RLS5. do not forget to wipe data if you are upgrading from something else.

Have fun and don't blame me if your phone turns into a ball of fire...

Guest jasonXXx
A 652.8MHz update added to the first post as 691.2MHz seems to be a bit to much for some phones.

Hi can you tell me what version of nano you are using and if possable supplie me the nano and any needed files also how would i add to a update.zip thanks.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hi can you tell me what version of nano you are using and if possable supplie me the nano and any needed files also how would i add to a update.zip thanks.

I got it. from Cyanogenmod 5.0.8. It needs. two libs and the terminfo folder in etc. You also need to add a line to init.rc so you'll need to update the boot.img.Compared to other things nano is quite complicated to add.

Guest kallt_kaffe
So what exactly is this? It it better than Mg Custom Rom? Also are there any problems?

Never tried the MG custom ROM myself. It's a ROM based on the U8100 Expert Sweden ROM modified to fit my own needs. Like removing useless stuff, adding useful stuff, rooting, full market, more space on /data by moving the cdrom ISO to /system, with the latest version also swap support, JIT and overclocking,

From what I've seen comparing kernel configs etc it should work on most U8110 and U8120 phones even though it's based on an U8100 ROM.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest rickywyatt
Never tried the MG custom ROM myself. It's a ROM based on the U8100 Expert Sweden ROM modified to fit my own needs. Like removing useless stuff, adding useful stuff, rooting, full market, more space on /data by moving the cdrom ISO to /system, with the latest version also swap support, JIT and overclocking,

From what I've seen comparing kernel configs etc it should work on most U8110 and U8120 phones even though it's based on an U8100 ROM.

when i try this on my pulse mini it boots into a reboot loop is there anyway to make it work?

Guest kallt_kaffe
when i try this on my pulse mini it boots into a reboot loop is there anyway to make it work?

Try the 652800MHz update. It may be overclocking related.

Guest rickywyatt
Try the 652800MHz update. It may be overclocking related.

what i did is flashed the update.zip the i rebooted and it got stuck at the nexus bootscreen the i pulled the battery on and when into recovery and flash the boot form my backup which is the one you made me

Guest kallt_kaffe
what i did is flashed the update.zip the i rebooted and it got stuck at the nexus bootscreen the i pulled the battery on and when into recovery and flash the boot form my backup which is the one you made me

Well, if you intend to run my custom ROM you propably should run install the 652800 update as your old boot.img was for T-mobile or MG ROM right? Running with a kernel compiled for the T-mobile ROM will likely break wifi and the electronic compass. The thing is that the Wifi kernel module needs to match some parts of the kernel config and also the device name for the compass differs between the older pulse mini ROM and the newer U8100 ROMs. The hardware seems to be identical, it's just that newer Huawei builds has a bit more netfilter (firewall) options enabled and different name for the compass device.

So basicly to avoid problem kernel must match the ROM. But 652800MHz worked for you right, so just flash the 652800 update and it should be fine.

In fact, I'm running at 652.8MHz as myself now, because I got a reboot the other day.

Let me know if 652.8MHz is not stable and I'll make another boot.img with an ever lower clock. Different CPU's will have different upper limits.

Guest rickywyatt
Well, if you intend to run my custom ROM you propably should run install the 652800 update as your old boot.img was for T-mobile or MG ROM right? Running with a kernel compiled for the T-mobile ROM will likely break wifi and the electronic compass. The thing is that the Wifi kernel module needs to match some parts of the kernel config and also the device name for the compass differs between the older pulse mini ROM and the newer U8100 ROMs. The hardware seems to be identical, it's just that newer Huawei builds has a bit more netfilter (firewall) options enabled and different name for the compass device.

So basicly to avoid problem kernel must match the ROM. But 652800MHz worked for you right, so just flash the 652800 update and it should be fine.

In fact, I'm running at 652.8MHz as myself now, because I got a reboot the other day.

Let me know if 652.8MHz is not stable and I'll make another boot.img with an ever lower clock. Different CPU's will have different upper limits.

my pulse mini works fine with your 691 mhz boot

Guest rickywyatt
ur U8110 works fine with rls6? where did u bought it from? t-mobile or other carier?

na it dont work lol it gose into a boot loop what i mean is that it worked with the t-mobile boot.img witch kallt_kaffe made for me its got swap a2sd and overclocked to 691 mhz and i got my pulse mini from argos

Edited by rickywyatt

Guest Gjole86
na it dont work lol it gose into a boot loop what i mean is that it worked with the t-mobile boot.img witch kallt_kaffe made for me its got swap a2sd and overclocked to 691 mhz and i got my pulse mini from argos

kaffe can i have it with slower OC pls? was it 652Mhz? B) kthxbai :lol:

Guest kallt_kaffe
kaffe can i have it with slower OC pls? was it 652Mhz? B) kthxbai :lol:

652.8MHz is available as an update in first post. Do you want slower than that?

Guest PinkMirrorKirby

Mine works PERFECTLY fine, and it is even more faster and smoother than before, thanks!

This is better than the MG CustomRom, I would appreciate if you can add a black status bar on your custom ROM?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Mine works PERFECTLY fine, and it is even more faster and smoother than before, thanks!

This is better than the MG CustomRom, I would appreciate if you can add a black status bar on your custom ROM?

Sorry, I've never been and I think I'll never be a theme guy... I like to mess with the kernel, try to learn more about the Android boot process, libs and stuff like that. Pushing things to the limit but when it comes to making stuff look this and that way... Not my cup of tea really. Feel free to deodex it and make your own themed version, I honestly really do not mind.

Guest tvisforme

kallt_kaffe:

First off, thank you very much for all the time and effort you've put into this project. It is certainly appreciated. I'm testing the ROM on a U8100 from Wind in Canada. I wouldn't call it a complete success so far, as I've had quite a few crashes and reboots and a real issue with high processor loads. I've just flashed the 652800 patch to see if that makes a difference with the crashing. I'm also going to check to see if the slowdowns can be isolated to software, as I have quite a lot of apps running.

I've just a few questions regarding the ROM. Is there a guide to creating these custom builds? I've found a copy of the Wind Mobile ROM on Huawei's site, and want to investigate building a customized ROM based on my phones's native build. As well, I've already added the 652 patch (as mentioned above), but I was just curious as to whether the higher overclocking could cause crashing even if the CPU is controlled by SetCPU at a lower level. (I.e. I was getting crashes and reboots on the 692 build with SetCPU restricting max speed to 614.)

Thanks again.

Tv