[KERNEL] Sub501 Kernel, mods and control apk

Guest Sub501

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6

in terminal to enable it temporarly

then look for the init-script where it gets disabled, think its something with "tuning"

and remove the line from the script

no need to remove the line. go to /data/etc/tuning.conf and change DISABLE_IPV6=1 to DISABLE_IPV6=0, save and reboot or 'sh /system/etc/init.d/98_98_sys_tuning'

Guest Arty Marty
no need to remove the line. go to /data/etc/tuning.conf and change DISABLE_IPV6=1 to DISABLE_IPV6=0, save and reboot or 'sh /system/etc/init.d/98_98_sys_tuning'

weird,

when I go to /data/ it says that there is nothing there! (I am using apps2ds+)

is the directory some place else?

Warmly, Marty

Guest Arty Marty
Use root explorer or something similar and you'll see it.

haha my bad, I was using ES file explorer and the setting to write to system partition had turned off after reinstalling it.. duh! I turn the setting back on and what do you know.... :rolleyes:

Guest Stelard

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not. I installed bash with clockworkmod recovery, but when I connect locally using ConnectBot, or use the Terminal Emulator program, I get the usual sh prompt, and have to run bash myself. Also, HOME is not set, nor is SHELL.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not. I installed bash with clockworkmod recovery, but when I connect locally using ConnectBot, or use the Terminal Emulator program, I get the usual sh prompt, and have to run bash myself. Also, HOME is not set, nor is SHELL.

my theory:

all terminal programms set there own home

better terminal

/data/data/com.magicandroidapps.bettertermpro/home

quickssh

/data/data/com.teslacoilsw.quicksshd/home

better terminal has a bin directory, if you put bash in you can select bash as default shell from preferences

you can also put youre own .profile and/or .bashrc in the home directory

It is normal it will not replace the default sh. You have to call it 'bash' or replace the default sh.

I cannot take the risk replacing the default shell to find after that some programs , scripts, adb and so on are not working anymore.

Guest camdenhandbrake
Don't know yet. Never say never... but I don't have that terminal ;-)

Also, looking at the XDA thread, it sounds like keeping the battery charged at 4.2v reduces it's overall life span.

Guest TheUntouchable
Also, looking at the XDA thread, it sounds like keeping the battery charged at 4.2v reduces it's overall life span.

The same is for overclocking and the cpu :rolleyes: anyway some poeple are using it to geht a better perfomence.

Kernel 2.6.32.26 and init-mods 20101123 are available in the first post.

hi

installed it without problems.

how to i see which cpu scheduler is activ (except from looking into .config) -

is there a file in procfs or sysfs like it is for the i/o scheduler?

hi

installed it without problems.

how to i see which cpu scheduler is activ (except from looking into .config) -

is there a file in procfs or sysfs like it is for the i/o scheduler?

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

yes, for smartass vs ondemand etc - governors

but for BFS vs CFS, the cpu schedulers?

For the moment the only info I have is:

/proc/sys/kernel/rr_interval (default to 6)

/proc/sys/kernel/iso_cpu (default to 70)

Default values are hardcoded in the BFS patch.

Kernel 2.6.32.26 and init-mods 20101123 are available in the first post.

Sub, I'm currently on 2.6.32.25 and what I think is init-mods 20101102 or something around then.

I would be interested to see a changelog or similar, or at least get a general idea of what's been improved since last version?

And again, thanks.

Edited by einaw

Sub, I'm currently on 2.6.32.25 and what I think is init-mods 20101102 or something around then.

I would be interested to see a changelog or similar, or at least get a general idea of what's been improved since last version?

And again, thanks.

its all in the first post

Changelog v20101123

Kernel 2.6.32.26

+ BFQ I/O scheduler ( http://retis.sssup.it/~fabio/linux/bfq/ ). To activate this scheduler copy init-mod /data/etc/tuning-bfq.conf.sample to /data/etc/tuning.conf , chmod 644 /data/etc/tuning.conf, reboot or sh /etc/init.d/98_98_sys_tuning

+ BFS ( http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/bfs/bfs-faq.txt )

Am I the only one who found that the latest kernel update provide excellent UI interaction and best battery life till the beginning of this mod?

Any feedback is welcomed.

I'm using my custom made ROM build from the latest OTA and the latest radio.

Am I the only one who found that the latest kernel update provide excellent UI interaction and best battery life till the beginning of this mod?

Any feedback is welcomed.

I'm using my custom made ROM build from the latest OTA and the latest radio.

i don't know because i changed kernels and roms a lot last month, but now i settled on RCHDMix, and i'm back on your kernel, for me it works best.

.26 - smartass - undervolt (default) - no oc - bfs/bfq - wifi 10dBm - readahead 128k

(quadrant for anyone who cares 1600 with class 2 32GB)

can't tell about games because i don't

battery is good, the only thing no rom/kernel has: display sucks the most battery - and backlight min is 11%, i want to lower it, because i work often in dark rooms an its to bright anyway

cat stats/time_in_state

245000 3197742

384000 4486

.... 0

614400 34259

.... 0

998400 71431

.... 0

any ideas to lower battery use for amoled-display in normal operation?

edit:

just found it: an app called screen filter lets you dim lower with one click

Edited by woti17

just found it: an app called screen filter lets you dim lower with one click

Screen filter really rocks!!! I am awaiting for the TASKER plugin mentioned on AppBrain ;)

This may be a silly question, but here goes: Is it possible to use (any version of the) 501 Kernel with Desire HD ROMs?

Woti17 uses sub's kernel on RCHDMix roms so it probably works.