[KERNEL] Sub501 Kernel, mods and control apk

Guest Sub501

Thax a bunch.

there is no reason why it should not. they have all almost the same source code afaik.

for me it worked, with good battery live, didn't overclock with sub501

atm i'm kernel hopping, but i come back to sub501 kernel again, maybe to test when he makes a version with battfix/havs?

make sure the sub501 has the ext4 module if you plan to use ext4 for data2sd or data2ext

don't remember if sub501 removed it

btw @sub501

i disabled the /cache (10M) mtd and the /app-cache (8M) in ram

made a tmpfs with 20MB in ram and bound both to that

restore the correct owner and permissionship at boot script and looks good until now

seems not really used anyway app-cache from stock browser and cache from market, never have much more usage then 1,5MB together

Edited by woti17

We have a lot of ROMs in the wild. Do you think is worth publishing a sub501 ROM?
That's the same question I'm asking myself for the past two days. There are a lot of roms out there and I thinh that most people know how to customize them by themselves so I doubt that I'll publish mine any time soon.

Go ahead if you have the time sub because if your roms will be anything like your kernels then they'll be great.

no worries ext4 is supported.

We have a lot of ROMs in the wild. Do you think is worth publishing a sub501 ROM?

+1 :P

Since your kernel is mainly for tech maniacs you should consider a basic ROM with high degree of customisation. Theming and the visual effects should be outsourced ;)

How about building the first 2.2.1 sense capable ROM?

Edited by Endrus

Guest snapilica
+1 :P

Since your kernel is mainly for tech maniacs you should consider a basic ROM with high degree of customisation. Theming and the visual effects should be outsourced ;)

How about building the first 2.2.1 sense capable ROM?

Since 2.3 is starting to trickle down the pipes there's no point for 2.2.1, and also it'll be hard to put SenseUI on 2.3 (if not impossible) plus there would be a lot of buggs. We're still a long way ahead of AOSP 2.3 ROM's for the Desire.

I for one would like to see a Froyo ROM by Sub501, but keep in mind that his time is very limited and a ROM would require a lot of maintenance, more than just a kernel.

Looking forward to 2.3 OTA...

if you find a little time once, would you mind just compiling the btrfs module alone for the actual kernel, i have a partition formated with btrfs to try?

if you find a little time once, would you mind just compiling the btrfs module alone for the actual kernel, i have a partition formated with btrfs to try?

It will be done.

Hi all,

Stupid question, how can I get rid of the number of unread messages in the notification?

For example, when FeedR, K9 mail or HTC SMS app notify for a new message the app icon is displayed in the notif bar and a green bubble with the number of unreaded messages is displayed above the notif icon.

Thanks.

Edited by Sub501

@Sub501: You can usually disable them in the apps itself if you press menu and settings. But the problem is that most apps disable all notifications (eg. the phone doesn't ring when you receive a message). That goes for HTC SMS so I've stopped using it. Now I'm using Handcent SMS app that gives you an option to disable those pesky notifications and leave the ring settings alone. I don't use the other apps you've listed so someone else will have to help you with them.

I hope that helped.

Edited by bpivk

@Sub501: You can usually disable them in the apps itself if you press menu and settings. But the problem is that most apps disable all notifications (eg. the phone doesn't ring when you receive a message). That goes for HTC SMS so I've stopped using it. Now I'm using Handcent SMS app that gives you an option to disable those pesky notifications and leave the ring settings alone. I don't use the other apps you've listed so someone else will have to help you with them.

I hope that helped.

Thanks for your reply. I thought it is a global setting for this.

Thanks for your reply. I thought it is a global setting for this.

Sadly no. At least I never found one and I have searched because those notifications really get on my nerves.

Ah, it seems I'm going older. btrfs.ko should be in .26 kernel

Ah, it seems I'm going older. btrfs.ko should be in .26 kernel

thank you very much

/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 on /data/btrfs_mount type btrfs (rw,relatime,ssd,noacl)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 5.2G 28.0K 5.2G 0% /data/btrfs_mount

will try and report

Kernel 2.6.32.27 is available in post #1

What is the main difference in the kernel versions? besides change log because that is arabic to me.

FRG83 is on 2.6.35.9

Now yours is 2.6.32.27

at http://www.kernel.org it seem there are paralell development for x.27 x.32 x.35 and x36 while x.37 is in RC5?

Does it matter what version I run if the gadget is able to boot?

Edited by Endrus

What is the main difference in the kernel versions? besides change log because that is arabic to me.

FRG83 is on 2.6.35.9

Now yours is 2.6.32.27

at http://www.kernel.org it seem there are paralell development for x.27 x.32 x.35 and x36 while x.37 is in RC5?

Does it matters what version I run if the gadget is able to boot?

I doubt AOSP contains all the patches available in 32.

HTC Desire official kernel is 2.6.32.15. This kernel is based on official HTC sources .15 + kernel evolutions till .27.

Yes it does matters if you need undervolt, governors,, overclock , modules and other features .

Guest TheUntouchable

With the new kernel and init scripts i got a reboot after/while bootscreen :)

Can you please provide the old kernel and script for me so i can use my phone again? Thank you!

Edited by TheUntouchable

With the new kernel and init scripts i got a reboot after/while bootscreen :)

Can you please provide the old kernel and script for me so i can use my phone again? Thank you!

You have to do a factory reset (clean data). Still problems, then (It is written in the first post):

"Perform a NAND backup first (you've been warned) then flash the new kernel.

In case you're stuck in a boot loop, reboot to recovery and perform this actions without rebooting:

- full wipe

- reflash your rom

- flash kernel

- flash init-mods.

- reboot"

Sorry, I don't have the old kernel anymore. The release process is as follow: build, install on my device, test for a while then if everything is working all the old bits are removed.

Edited by Sub501

As number of kernel downloads increase without complains I assume everything is working.

yes, well, as always :-) running since 2 two days with btrfs as 2nd partition

would you mind making a nilfs2 module (and the nilfs2-tools), please, if your time allows?

just trying btrfs and nilfs2 (the second for now only at netbook)

Perhaps anybody else have the old kernel for me? Dont want to flash the rom again.. Damn backup :)
I have it in my ROM kitchen. Just a moment I'll upload it.

Here you go. I hope that's the one you need.

Edited by bpivk