-DATA CONNECTION/PHONE: Works

-SOUND:

SPEAKER
:
Doesn't work

HEADPHONES
:
Works

-CAMERA: Works (Camera button doesn't work)

-WIFI: Doesn't work

Sometimes the phone displays that the data connection isn't active but it is and works.

my phone coudnt connect to any network, showed baseband version unknown. btw im working on a update.zip thing will share tomorrow (hopefully) and we will try to fix all these broken things.

snap20100904_041435.png

broken things:

network

wifi

bluetooth turns on but cant send/receive any files

touchscreen is a bit off, hard to select something near edges, cant pull down notifications.

loudspeaker is giving only loud white noise sound, didnt tryed sound with headphones

usb port (both charging and usb connection to PC)

positive things:

sensors (accelerometer and rotation)

gps (activates properly, cant view maps because no data connection available)

camera (side button doesnt work)

gallery works (it doesnt on kinda all custom Pulse Mini roms)

managed to get 110 MB free RAM with task killer :P

root with chainsDD su-2.3.5-ef-signed flashed in recovery

about 55MB free space on /system i guess moving apps to /data will free some space (oh yea 202MB free space on /data damn)

Edited by Gjole86

Guest Simon O

Can anybody take a few screen grabs of the Froyo rom running on the Pulse Mini please? I'm pretty sure a few websites like Eurodroid, Engadget etc would be interested in this :P

Guest Gjole86
Can anybody take a few screen grabs of the Froyo rom running on the Pulse Mini please? I'm pretty sure a few websites like Eurodroid, Engadget etc would be interested in this :P

well whats most wanted pics? i changed names tho, can revert to original ideos sure, can record crappy quality video from pulse mini booting with ideos bootnimation :)

its getting late, ask for any screen u want i will post in 4-5 hours.

Edited by Gjole86

Guest paddymcn
This all sounds very interesting :P time to get out the pulse mini again...

Have you the time to work on this...

I'm following your work over on the joggler site and looking foward to your latest release for that.

That said, I think I'd prefer froyo on my pulse mini first.

Anyway, keep up the good work

Guest damnsmalldan

Ah, this is good.

If Huawei do make an official 2.2 update, i bet they'll use this and edit it slighty, especially as there is a mention of the Pulse Mini

I'l work on thi, see if i can get stuff working

Guest rickywyatt

for anyone one how whats to try as i did

remember that i take no blam if you brick your phone

bug remember there are bugs

then you need to do this

first download this

then you will need ActivePerl then you will need android adk

ok now you got evey thing you need

1 install android sdk

2 install ActivePerl

2 open cmd then drag split_updata.pl to it then pess speace bar than drag update.app then press enter

5 goto C:\Users\xxxxxx\output

6 look for boot.img & system.img

7 drag these files and put them into C:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools

8 then open cmd and enter

C:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe flash system C:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\system.img

C:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe flash boot C:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\boot.img

C:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe flash userdata C:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\data.img

C:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot.exe reboot

and wait untill untill your mini pulse boots and now you have android 2.2 :P

Edited by rickywyatt

Guest Simon O
my phone coudnt connect to any network, showed baseband version unknown. btw im working on a update.zip thing will share tomorrow (hopefully) and we will try to fix all these broken things.

snap20100904_041435.png

broken things:

network

wifi

bluetooth turns on but cant send/receive any files

touchscreen is a bit off, hard to select something near edges, cant pull down notifications.

loudspeaker is giving only loud white noise sound, didnt tryed sound with headphones

usb port (both charging and usb connection to PC)

positive things:

sensors (accelerometer and rotation)

gps (activates properly, cant view maps because no data connection available)

camera (side button doesnt work)

gallery works (it doesnt on kinda all custom Pulse Mini roms)

managed to get 110 MB free RAM with task killer :P

root with chainsDD su-2.3.5-ef-signed flashed in recovery

about 55MB free space on /system i guess moving apps to /data will free some space (oh yea 202MB free space on /data damn)

Free space on /system is wasted as Android uses /data and /cache for writable files. Might be worth trying to make a flashable zip for other pulse mini owners?

Guest Gjole86
Might be worth trying to make a flashable zip for other pulse mini owners?

sure i have flashable zip, but half of things are broken (maybe more). atm phone is useless (no network,no wifi, no bluetooth) but can be used as media player or lite gaming platform :P

thing is any1 that can modify things to make em work im sure can make .zip im reading pulse 2.2 dev topic to learn something about fixing things.

also, i have some strange feeling that until we can make 2.2 fully working on pulse mini, huawei will release updata.app for it :)

Guest kallt_kaffe

FYI: I've made a port of the U8150 to my U8100 and out-of-the-box everything I've tried so far works except Wifi and that the touchscreen is a bit off. I'm going to try to de-odex the tscalibration.apk from the original U8100 ROM and hopefully that will take care of the touchscreen problem. No clue yet to how to get Wifi up and running but I'll let you know if I find a fix for it.

Tested OK:

- USB mounting

- Recieving calls

- Making calls

- Loudspeaker

- GPS

- Compass

- G-sensor

- Camera

- Camera button

- Bluetooth (only tried turning it on, not tried using it)

Tested not OK:

- Wifi fails when trying to start

- touchscreen is off and there is no way to calibrate it (yet)

If you intend to use the roadsync app that was bundled with you original phone you will need to change a bunch of U8150 to U8100 (or U8110 in your case) in build.prop.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest jasonXXx
FYI: I've made a port of the U8150 to my U8100 and out-of-the-box everything I've tried so far works except Wifi and that the touchscreen is a bit off. I'm going to try to de-odex the tscalibration.apk from the original U8100 ROM and hopefully that will take care of the touchscreen problem. No clue yet to how to get Wifi up and running but I'll let you know if I find a fix for it.

Tested OK:

- USB mounting

- Recieving calls

- Making calls

- Loudspeaker

- GPS

- Compass

- G-sensor

- Camera

- Camera button

Tested not OK:

If you intend to use the roadsync app that was bundled with you original phone you will need to change a bunch of U8150 to U8100 (or U8110 in your case) in build.prop.

So you have a 2.2 rom with all working but not wifi and screens a bit off for the pulse mini? cn you upload it for us?

Guest rickywyatt
huh then U8100 amd U8110 are kinda diferent i guess. so much thing working with U8100. now thats something worth sharing :P

hi could you upload the update zip pls

Guest kallt_kaffe
hi could you upload the update zip pls

http://www.mediafire.com/?yqpl0rbb5j2eyzg

After I uploaded that version I actually succeeded in deodexing and doing some apktool magic on the calibration app from the original rom, and while it runs, it does not work to calibrate the screen. Basicly the calibration program needs to be compatible with the touchscreen driver in the kernel and I suppose it isn't.

So unless Huwaei release a working calibration app or the source to the kernel then we're out of luck.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest McSpoon
So unless Huwaei release a working calibration app or the source to the kernel then we're out of luck.

I'm not sure if this helps but Huawei always leave a hidden engineering app in their ROMs. One of the features looks like a touchscreen calibration tool but I'm not sure if it is. To access the hidden app dial *#*#2846579#*#* then select MMITest_II and it will start a series of tests, such as touchscreen, sensors, etc. I'm not sure if it actually performs touchscreen calibration, it might just generate a report of the inaccuracies, but could be worth a try.

Guest davidluke
I'm not sure if this helps but Huawei always leave a hidden engineering app in their ROMs. One of the features looks like a touchscreen calibration tool but I'm not sure if it is. To access the hidden app dial *#*#2846579#*#* then select MMITest_II and it will start a series of tests, such as touchscreen, sensors, etc. I'm not sure if it actually performs touchscreen calibration, it might just generate a report of the inaccuracies, but could be worth a try.

At least in Vodafone Joy (Huawei U8120) the MMITest_II causes reboot, hoping something new

Another try and "process com.huawei.mmitest" interrupted, forces closes.

Oh s***, in the ProjectMenu tab, we can UPGRADE the Touchscreen firmware... returns "avago-OFN" ...wtf?

Edited by davidluke

Guest Gjole86

Tested OK:

- USB mounting

- Recieving calls

- Making calls

- Loudspeaker

- GPS

- Compass

- G-sensor

- Camera

- Camera button

Tested not OK:

just used the link u provided on my u8110 and its pretty much same as flashing img files directly (u have rooted it) no network no wifi no usb no loudspeaker, camera button doesnt work bluetooth turns on but wont connect to anything (tried PC, another phone and bluetooth headset)

my guess, u8100 and u 8110 are in fact alot diferent. while modifying android drivers and apks is out of my reach i will be satisfied with 2.1 for now :P

Guest kallt_kaffe
just used the link u provided on my u8110 and its pretty much same as flashing img files directly (u have rooted it) no network no wifi no usb no loudspeaker, camera button doesnt work bluetooth turns on but wont connect to anything (tried PC, another phone and bluetooth headset)

my guess, u8100 and u 8110 are in fact alot diferent. while modifying android drivers and apks is out of my reach i will be satisfied with 2.1 for now :P

Just a thought, have you tried renaming /system/etc/AudioFilterU8110.csv to /system/etc/AudioFilter.csv? Not sure if it helps but it may be worth a try. Still the touchscreen being slightly off was what finally made me go back to 2.1. But considering that all that seems to not work for the U8100 is the touchscreen calibration and the wifi it is a shame that Huawei aren't making an U8100 version. In fact if they publish the kernel source (which I believe they must do due to GPL) we propably could address the touchscreen calibration issue ourselves.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Btw, renaming UPDATE.APP to UPDATA.APP actually makes it flash the normal way without modifications. Doing it right now. I'll report back.

Report:

- Splash screen now says IDEOS with a logo identical to the bootlogo.

- Wifi is still not working

- Touchscreen is still a bit off

- Signal strength show no connection and calls are not working

Oh, well, was worth a try I guess.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
http://code.google.com/p/froyo-vodafone845/

I'm not sure if this could be of any use as it looks like people are working on porting the u8150 rom to the u8120, perhaps if it's similar enough to the u8110/u8100 then anything thats achieved there might also help people here?

So far they're only flashing the non modified contents of the U8150 rom. That's pretty much what has been done here allready. They are talking about using the pulse mini kernel source but what they really need is the U8150 kernel source (imho). Issues seems to be pretty much the same as when running it on the U8100.

Guest davidluke
So far they're only flashing the non modified contents of the U8150 rom. That's pretty much what has been done here allready. They are talking about using the pulse mini kernel source but what they really need is the U8150 kernel source (imho). Issues seems to be pretty much the same as when running it on the U8100.

Yeah, they are some issues that I can't do anything. The question is to work with original kernel or U8150 kernel, becouse i can't do anything without it.

By now the project is stop waiting also the advance of the Pulse Mini Froyo port :-)

Certainly, i'm DarkPlace (the tester of the U8150 ROM).

Greetings

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kallt_kaffe

4 new U8150 firmwares released today aswell as two new U8100 firmwares. It would be interesting to see if there are any new stuff in them. What we want is an U8150 release with touchscreen calibration and also it would be useful to know if any of the new U8100 firmwares are Android 2.2.