07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

If you could include the necessary changes for this I'll love you long time :P

If not I'll have to do the nandroid backup shuffle back and forth and that's just a pain...

I'll look into it!

P

Guest jamborta

hi guys,

I have just updated to this new version. It looks like whatever I do the CPU jumps to 100% and slows the whole systems down. Even if I just open the messages to write a text it slows down. Anyone else had this problem?

Guest Handymeister

Hello,

I just bake a new r9 and I flashed this over my r8 without a wipe. Everything theems to be fine. Great job Paul, thanks :-)

But I'm still wondering about problems with Updating "Google Maps" over the market. The installation crashes everytime.

In the kitchen is still version 4.4.0 included?! Can you update this version please ...?

Thanks.

Handymeister

Guest monkey_nutts
If you could include the necessary changes for this I'll love you long time :P

If not I'll have to do the nandroid backup shuffle back and forth and that's just a pain...

Carnt be done at least untill htc release the kernel source.

r9 kitchen updated to latest Google Maps, Google Quick Search Box and Flash Player.

P

changelog would be nice being more up-to-date ...

i would even say the most important thing before going to create a new rom is missing

for those who post-flash framework changes, it would also be fun to know if framework files have changed

thanks for being so patient with us

Edited by woti17

Guest Albert Poon
Changelog

10/Sep 10:30 BST

• Updated Google Maps to 4.5.0
  • Updated Google Search Box
    [/list[07/Sep 11:00 BST
    • Updated RIL version
    • Updated supporting libraries (Thanks Sub501)
    • Added optional additional governors by Sub501
    • Changed Gmail 2.2.1 to be included by default.
    • Updated Superuser
    • Updated Titanium Backup

03/Sep 14:30 BST

[*]Initial Release (r8 base)

@Paul, typo in changelog heh

Meanwhile, why not just disable Perflock by default and remove this option? I don't find it doing anything harm even I am not using SetCPU or Sub501's mod. This will prevent a lot of redundant posts asking the same question again and again here however.

Edited by Albert Poon

Guest Asselberghs
Hi.

Can I ask what the effect/advantage to Disable IPv6 is?

Thanks,

Ben

I presume that it will save you a bit of space on your phone, since the entire world or at least the public internet and private internal networks still runs IPv4 there is no need (yet) to be able to understand and work with IPv6.

That said we are about to, my guess is within years not decades but nothing is certain, run out of IPv4 addresses and as more and more devices connects to the internet we are running on a finite set of IPv4 addresses in the available space and at some point we are sure to run out.

When that happens no more devices will be able to connect to the internet as the "Network" that is the internet will not be able to allocate more addresses.

So before this happens we have to go over to IPv6, if I recall correctly our readable IP´s when viewed with ipconfig for instance or ifconfig under linux will be converted from base10, which is normal readable numbers and then dots to seperate as the notation, into base16 which is hexidecimal and that will be quite a bit more confusing but it will happen at one point or another.

We have to convert or update to make all our devices that are now connected to the internet able to understand the IPv6 Hex addresses rather than our current IPv4 addresses.

It´s this "understanding" that you can disable if you are not concerned about the IPv6 addresses yet.

This is my guess at least. (based upon what I´ve got of Cisco and network knowledge)

Here´s an example:

My internal IP in IPv4 format is: 192.168.2.197

Converted to IPv6 it looks like this: fe80::201:6cff:fe58:669e

two :: following each other represents a bunch of all 0 and can thus be omitted in this way.

As these are internal IP´s there´s no problem posting them as they do not exsist beyond the router anyway and thus cannot be accessed from the other side, the internet.

So there you have it, a bit about IPv4 and IPv6 and why IPv6 one day will be necessary.

Edited by Asselberghs

Yo Paul, how about the 2.10 update? Going to add it anytime soon?

Hi

Paul mentioned earlier that it will come shortly.

Maybe not today.

Grobie

Edited by Grobie

Guest shadamehr

Paul,

Just to confirm...

Apps such as Google Maps, Google Voice Search etc...

They all generate an Installation error, when trying to update them to any future new versions, a la "package file was not signed correctly" messages

You could get round this by keep including any new updates in the ROM Kitchen, but be mindful that, such as today, they sometimes 'break out' their products, and the new version of Google Maps, now has a completely new, separate "Street View for Google Maps" application, which now lets you drag 'Pegman' around on street view like in the desktop version.

So you'd also have to watch for that mate.

So any chance you can either fix the issue itself, that prevents us doing future App Updates, or if not, add the new "Street View" dedicated app to both R8 and R9?

Thanks Paul, much appreciated, all your fast responses that you are good for!

Guest The Virus 2013

Sorry for that noob question but I'm using a2sd+ and want to rebake and reflash. How am I supposed to do? Do I have to format the ext3 partition or not? However i'll backup everything with Titanium but I'm not sure if I have to format or not...

Thank you a lot

Paul,

Just to confirm...

Apps such as Google Maps, Google Voice Search etc...

They all generate an Installation error, when trying to update them to any future new versions, a la "package file was not signed correctly" messages

You could get round this by keep including any new updates in the ROM Kitchen, but be mindful that, such as today, they sometimes 'break out' their products, and the new version of Google Maps, now has a completely new, separate "Street View for Google Maps" application, which now lets you drag 'Pegman' around on street view like in the desktop version.

So you'd also have to watch for that mate.

So any chance you can either fix the issue itself, that prevents us doing future App Updates, or if not, add the new "Street View" dedicated app to both R8 and R9?

Thanks Paul, much appreciated, all your fast responses that you are good for!

This shouldn't generally be an issue, basically I included Maps in my optimisation scripts and resigned it when I shouldn't have.

I'll make sure this doesn't happen in future releases.

P