07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest vfrvulcan
Hmmm, i've leaned towards not doing this, what does everyone think?

P

Happy for it either way. I use Circle-Mod B but it's no biggie to flash separately, admittedly a kitchen option would make it easier...

Things I would like to see:

A working browser which doesn't crash on pages like http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-10992762. It happens on quite a few others as well but I don't know if this is just an R5/6/7/8 thing or whether all ROMs including stock are affected - perhaps others can confirm. Please don't suggest using Dolphin or something else as I just want one browser which works properly, including the auto-flow. @Paul, you said the page worked for you before but then I pointed out that under the video it proclaimed a flash error and you were going to look into it.

HTC Messaging, again, I don't know if this is a bug in R8 or generally. Select an existing SMS thread, create a reply, hit send, and sometimes I get a message saying 'invalid recipient, please enter a valid address' or similar. Hit the mug-shot of the other half of the thread, select send message and all works. Weird!

The Power governors update as mentioned several times in this thread already.

Bluetooth working with my Jawbone 2 - not tried any other (chef's) ROMs since R5 so don't know if this is a MoDaCo thing or not.

HTC Email, gone is the option to search the Exchange Server, what happened to it???

Other than that, you're doing a great job, thanks!

Aaron

Guest armshouse

Hi Paul,

I'm trying to use the wiimote controller app. It doesn't work on the desire. Something to do with the manufacturer not supporting all Bluetooth settings (im no techie so its gone over my head the exact problem) but could you look into the problem and see if its possible to make your mod have full Bluetooth functionality?

Btw, keep up the good work mate! Very impressed by what you do!

Guest Sally Mack
I am aware it isn't in the Stock Sense ROM yes, but it is a part of the vanilla 2.2 ROMs and is still available via google search if settings is made searchable. I just thought it was worth an ask :-)

David_P

I tried what you said above, but couldn't bring up the privacy settings menu. How exactly did you do this? Just make settings searchable, then search for "privacy"? I tried a few different searches to no avail.

P

Maybe as a optional extra that can be bake in with the kitchen for the people that wants it, I personal use the Silver Framework E one.

Grobies

Guest Anamnesia
Alrighty everyone, i'm starting on the r9 release. :P

It's basically r8 atm, but I will be dropping bits and pieces in (and requests) as we move forward.

P

The new HTC FriendStream & HTC Peep applications?

Paul

Can you take a look at the A2SD problem I've been having with r8 (and r3.1 too)?

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...pposed-to-work/

if thats still your problem, you should wipe ext3-partition and use another method to flash (maybe rommanager ...),

seems

- a mess with your character code

as you see the escape sequences (normaly for bold, colors etc in a shell) which you shouldn't see with ls -l

probably one of this sequences is missing a part of ...

and,

- maybe more important: you claim to have A2SD, but your symlinks are for A2SD+

hint: you cannot overwrite symlinks, they have to be deleted and made new ....

Guest Iceberger
Hi Paul.

Met someone in the park who also uses your ROMs. Nice feeling.

Anyhow, could I request some wifi proxy support. There are a lot of people on Google forum who need this.

Thanks

Gig

+1, Misses the WiFi Proxy support too...

- a mess with your character code

as you see the escape sequences (normaly for bold, colors etc in a shell) which you shouldn't see with ls -l

I have this problem with whacky characters as well on my windows box. Works fine when I use my linux machine.

+1, Misses the WiFi Proxy support too...

try proximator.apk (don't know if it requires iptables-update as i have installed a newer iptables)

got it working with "privoxy"-proxy on ubuntu over wireless (if you are on windows there should be something similar,

privoxy works well not only for http port)

proxies mail and market etc ... too

(edit: well you should bind the use to something like mac-adress, ipnumber ... and beware they can be faked,

as there is no possibility for authentication proxy on android atm)

(edit2: for missing authentication - openradius on accesspoint or a linux-maschine

would be a "heavy" workaround, with authentication over browser)

Edited by woti17

Guest aslsthlm
I'd stick to your guns personally Paul, keep it as 'Stocky' as possible with under the hood tweaks, leave the noddy gfx mods and oc stuff to those on xda :P

K

+1

Guest BendIt2.0

Hi Paul,

realy great job!

The only thing im missing atm is the UVOC-Kernel for the Desire.

I dont know if the kernel-sources are available or even needed to implement that kernel, but it would be awesome.

The UVOC-Kernel as Build-In Option in the Kitchen together with SetCPU (as Option or not) could help to keep the battery up running longer.

Currently i use only SetCPU with custom power profiles, but thats not enough. With my last 2.1 ROM ive used for months, my battery lasts over 24hours

So it would be realy nice :P

thx in advance

BendIt

Guest Kiran J. Holla

P

The Super Circle battery mod has been a very popular one with MoDaCo users going by the discussion on the R8 thread.

Why not include it as a optional item in the kitchen, which is unselected by default?

Regards,

Kiran

The Super Circle battery mod has been a very popular one with MoDaCo users going by the discussion on the R8 thread.

Why not include it as a optional item in the kitchen, which is unselected by default?

+1

Guest joigog7

Is there any change/way to enable sense widgets on adw launcher (I have already sense, but can't use sense widgets if not using sense launcher)

There is no way to get that process on background and use the widgets on other launchers? (adw in my case)

Thanks

BTW +1 to circle battery as option on the kitchen ^^

Edited by joigog7

Guest BashyUK
Is there any change/way to enable sense widgets on adw launcher (I have already sense, but can't use sense widgets if not using sense launcher)

There is no way to get that process on background and use the widgets on other launchers? (adw in my case)

Thanks

BTW +1 to circle battery as option on the kitchen ^^

+1 on that and the mod

Guest Joshua Lim

Paul,

Not sure if there is a chance to add "Chinese Handwriting Input". I remember on the stock rom of 2.1, htc have a handwriting function where i can just draw the word out.

Maybe only exist in Asian Rom? Miss that function.