07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest aslsthlm
Has this been tested

and is it for all and not just orange.

Peter

It´s for all, and it works really nice, I dont know about battery life yet, becuse it´s to early.

Guest Kiran J. Holla
Kiran,

Instead of removing the apk, try moving it to /data/app instead:

#mv /system/app/Gmail.apk /data/app/

Tried this. I am sorry to say that it doesn't work.

It results in a boot loop at the "Quietly brilliant" screen.

Any other ideas?

Paul, would it be easier if the GMail and GMaps apps are put into to the /data/app folder as part of the original bake itself? Would they be updateable through the market then?

Regards,

Kiran

@Paul,

Strange issue with bluetooth.

Paired device ok Jawbone.

Connected OK

Used Voice dial recognised the name

Proceded to dail.

Other person answerd

All communcation from me and the other person was comming from the phone and not via bluetooth.

The bluetooth icon was showing connected.

Im using R9 built yesterday before 17:00 bst

Full wipe twice and flash.

The same aslo happened in the the previous r9 release.

Peter

Has any one got any ideas why this is happening.

Peter

Guest logicalextreme
It's always good to have a lot of options but do we really need to pick between wifi G or N? Or does everyone just choose N?

I choose G only. Got no use for N whatsoever, and I would imagine it would take more battery unless it only turns it on once it's found an N network.

Guest logicalextreme
It seems bootscreen can't work in the kitchen.

I see bootanimation.zip in the rom file, but do not show the boot animation

I've tried various bootscreens with the r8 kitchen and only ever got the default HTC one. I don't care particularly, I was just interested but found videos on the Yube-Tube.

On a side note regarding booting though, did anybody see the video of a Desire with the Desire HD ROM booting (from actual OFF as far as I can tell, not hibernate)? Crazy fast. Shame the port isn't stable and the camera doesn't work!

I choose G only. Got no use for N whatsoever, and I would imagine it would take more battery unless it only turns it on once it's found an N network.

I always choose N!...guess we've just confirmed the requirement for both options :lol:

Guest logicalextreme
Step - By - Step

>>Turn on in a bootloader.

>>Run step1-windows.bat (from r6)

>>Bootloader.

>>Recovery.

Vol up + Power

>>Apply sdcard:update.zip

Fake Flash menu opens...

>>Backup and Restore

>>Backup

>>Install Zip from SD Card

>>Choose zip from SD Card

>>"folder"

>>"file"(r9 backed in kitchen)

>>Yes.

Finding updating package

Opening updating package...

And returns to fakeflash menu....

For god's sake.....

What im doing wrong ?!

AFAIK the first part with step1-windows.bat is only needed when you're rooting the phone for your first offline update.

I always go into stock recovery and activate the screen through adb (or the recovery-windows or recover-linux script if I'm feeling lazy...I usually am) and then do my backup and flash in there.

Try using Clockwork recovery if you can; if you don't use that or AmonRa make sure the zip is signed.

The file location same as you. I have try to move the bootscreen, but also not work

the file bootanimation.zip is in /data/local

you can overwrite this file here with your own animation

in /system/customize/resource

there is a symbolic link to this file - created by the rom

(symlink /data/local/bootanimation.zip SYSTEM:customize/resource/bootanimation.zip in update_script)

you can t alter this symlink here (because of system not writeable)

/system/customize/resource# >ls -l

lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 29 Sep 12 00:52 bootanimation.zip -> /data/local/bootanimation.zip

Edited by woti17

Guest daniel_2332
Yes this is correct, only just noticed this, i've always used 'Quick Boot' from the market which allows booting straight to bootloader, recovery or just a general reboot :lol:

thanx alot, i havent noticed he added that allredy...

i was also using quickboot by for now...

cant wait for a nice stable rom to come out..

i'm having some issues with the r8 now and then...

It seems bootscreen can't work in the kitchen.

I see bootanimation.zip in the rom file, but do not show the boot animation

The same for me :lol:. Just flashed r9 with Nexus One boot animation. I have bootanimation.zip in my /data/local and there is also symlink /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip -> /data/local/bootanimation.zip but there is no bootanimation during boot up. I can see only playing "ANDROID" in the middle of the screen while my Desire boots up.

Does anyone find a solution?

Thanks!

The same for me :lol:. Just flashed r9 with Nexus One boot animation. I have bootanimation.zip in my /data/local and there is also symlink /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip -> /data/local/bootanimation.zip but there is no bootanimation during boot up. I can see only playing "ANDROID" in the middle of the screen while my Desire boots up.

Does anyone find a solution?

Thanks!

And me too. There must be something up in the kitchen. Updated R9 last night by flashing over previous R9. The only thing I changed (I think) was ticked to have N wifi always on instead of G. Ticked to have N1 boot anin which was an X before but now just get the word Android. Not overly bothered but worth sorting. I think it may have been Gordon server, certainly a server I hadn't used before.

Hi here !

I don't understand why but each time I try Goggles on my Modaco r9 baked ROM it crashes... Force close after the tutorial the first time then just when he app tries to load...

I tried to clear cache data, uninstall and reinstall it but no success...

Anyone has the same issue ? Any fix ?