07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi here !

I don't understand why but each time I try Goggles on my Modaco r9 baked ROM it crashes... Force close after the tutorial the first time then just when he app tries to load...

I tried to clear cache data, uninstall and reinstall it but no success...

Anyone has the same issue ? Any fix ?

Same problem here.

Guest Han-Droid

@inigoml:

read somewhere that you have to select ipv6 in the kitchen... without goggles will crash....

however, my problem ist that i came from r8 and since r9 my HSDPA connect is unstable....meaning the phone goes online without being told to and vice versa....

somehow quite annoying....

could it be the radio in r9???

anyone else having these problems?

(i did not a full wipe...lazy... i know but it just pi**es me off to rebuild everything from scratch (i dont trust *any* backup-tool..although I even bought titanium *g*))

Guest harolds5
Hi here !

I don't understand why but each time I try Goggles on my Modaco r9 baked ROM it crashes... Force close after the tutorial the first time then just when he app tries to load...

I tried to clear cache data, uninstall and reinstall it but no success...

Anyone has the same issue ? Any fix ?

Works just fine for me.

@inigoml:

read somewhere that you have to select ipv6 in the kitchen... without goggles will crash....

I do not have ipv6 selected when I bake.

Edited by harolds5

Guest irishandrew

Nexus one animation didn't work for me with a bake from 22nd at 23.13ish (I think from Delia?) - not too worried, am sure it will be fine on the next bake, which I'm sure won't be too far into the future!

Cheers,

Andrew

Guest logicalextreme
@inigoml:

however, my problem ist that i came from r8 and since r9 my HSDPA connect is unstable....meaning the phone goes online without being told to and vice versa....

somehow quite annoying....

could it be the radio in r9???

anyone else having these problems?

(i did not a full wipe...lazy... i know but it just pi**es me off to rebuild everything from scratch (i dont trust *any* backup-tool..although I even bought titanium *g*))

Goggles hasn't worked for me since r8 prerelease. Just seems to be affecting some people. Workaround is to get the version 1.0 apk (Google around, it's out there) and install that instead of 1.1, which is probably the version you're having trouble with. You'll only lose the translation and business card features, if I recall correctly.

EDIT: Just found the v1.0 apk on my phone. Attached (zipped -- assuming I can? I checked the rules, let me know ASAP if this is an issue). When this is installed you WILL receive a Market update notification and it WILL break it again, so detach it in Titanium!

google_goggle.zip

Edited by logicalextreme

Guest logicalextreme
anybody has issues updating the Google Search App? I do receive an error. However Google Earth or other GApps can be installed!

Regards,

Probably -- I've had terrible problems with a lot of the built-in Google applications interfacing with the Market. It didn't bother me because I didn't use the application; but now that I've started using it and have seen how simple it is I can't imagine what you might be missing. I just detach it from the Market in Titanium. Alternative, I'm assuming, would be to find the latest apk and bake that in, or flash it on its own.

@inigoml:

Why Goggles would need ipv6... ¿¿?? What a strange bug.

I will check it next time I rebake. Yes, I unselected ipv6 since nowadays it's not needed, but selecting it will only spend a little amount of memory.

Let's see if Paul complete 2.10 ROM porting and I will rebake.

Thank you for your advice

Hi, I'm kinda new here. I purchased a subscription because I've been using MCR based roms with much pleasure and decided to get them from the source. I have one minor problem however. I baked a rom in this r9 kitchen and included the nexus boot animation, but I got the stock android (the android logo) animation. Is this a known issue?

Guest The Virus 2013
Hi, I'm kinda new here. I purchased a subscription because I've been using MCR based roms with much pleasure and decided to get them from the source. I have one minor problem however. I baked a rom in this r9 kitchen and included the nexus boot animation, but I got the stock android (the android logo) animation. Is this a known issue?

If you read the 2 last pages, you'll see that a lot have this issue too. I don't know why, as I don't baked the nexus boot anim...

Guest The Virus 2013
Update coming on Monday everyone! :lol: Just been helping get the ZTE Blade rooted + the ROM scene going... B)

P

You're the best ! And how is Mario Galaxy 2 ? :-p

If you read the 2 last pages, you'll see that a lot have this issue too. I don't know why, as I don't baked the nexus boot anim...

Ah I see. I already downloaded the bootanimation via ROM Manager. I see however that I can't replace it. Ah well.. another update coming monday :lol:

Edited by LALKEK

Guest theodorius123

just want to report one problem with BrightSilence Espresso Theme (2.2)

There is a strange interaction between r9 and Espresso: I cant send messages and I cant open any settings-menu.

I had to replace mms.apk and settings.apk in the espresso-mod with those from r9.

so this sounds like an espresso-problem and not like an r9 problem. but the strange thing is, that this problem with the espresso-mod only occurs with r9-ROM (one person with r9 reported the same problem, but no one else).

I don't know where the problem is, but perhaps you (or BrightSilence) could find a way to deal with this problem (I also reported this in the Espresso-thread)

Guest The Virus 2013
Paul,

Any help with making GMail and Maps updateable from the Market?

Regards,

Kiran

I think, but I might be wrong, that you can if you don't bake those apps with the Rom and that you install them from the Market. Paul put the apps in system folder to have some more space free. Anyway, is it really bad to wait some days for Paul's update ?

Update coming on Monday everyone! :lol: Just been helping get the ZTE Blade rooted + the ROM scene going... B)

P

Do you have a list of planed updates you plan to implement on monday.

Peter

Guest Kiran J. Holla
I think, but I might be wrong, that you can if you don't bake those apps with the Rom and that you install them from the Market. Paul put the apps in system folder to have some more space free. Anyway, is it really bad to wait some days for Paul's update ?

Not really. But just thought that having the option of updating the apps over the market gives a lot more flexibility; especially with not having to flash a new ROM for each such update.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest The Virus 2013
Not really. But just thought that having the option of updating the apps over the market gives a lot more flexibility; especially with not having to flash a new ROM for each such update.

Regards,

Kiran

You can also extract just the updated app and push it with ADB, I've done it for the new Gmail... But I understand you.

Guest Mr Taylor

@Paul

Is there any way you can make the EXT2/3 partition exposed to Linux (I use UBUNTU) and Root Explorer, etc. This feature is provided on the AOSP Rom's and I find it useful.

Thanks

MT