07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest aslsthlm

Have a question, if I use Root explorer, I found a folder in /data/drm/tmp, is´t safe to delete what´s in tmp folder, to free up internal storage ?

post-703712-1285938159_thumb.png

Edited by aslsthlm

Guest logicalextreme
Have a question, if I use Root explorer, I found a folder in /data/drm/tmp, is´t safe to delete what´s in tmp folder, to free up internal storage ?

Stuff that's in a tmp folder should be safe to delete but you might want to set guidelines -- perhaps only delete them if they're two weeks old or more, and back them up to your PC first. Also I've had reboots, crashes etc when using root explorer so if you have the ability you should definitely consider doing it through adb in recovery mode.

Guest aslsthlm
Stuff that's in a tmp folder should be safe to delete but you might want to set guidelines -- perhaps only delete them if they're two weeks old or more, and back them up to your PC first. Also I've had reboots, crashes etc when using root explorer so if you have the ability you should definitely consider doing it through adb in recovery mode.

Hmm.. should be safe, good idea, backing up that folder first before I delete stuff in´t :lol:

Guest doom71

Is it possible and/or does it make sense to bake a rom and then, before installing remove the gmail.apk so i can update again through the market? I'm getting irritated by the gmail update option in the market.

Edited by doom71

Guest logicalextreme
Is it possible and/or does it make sense to bake a rom and then, before installing remove the gmail.apk so i can update again through the market? I'm getting irritated by the gmail update option in the market.

Does it look like the attached in your Market? Appearing in your Downloads section with the word "Install"?

post-749438-1285947640_thumb.png

Guest EHtiger1966
Does it look like the attached in your Market? Appearing in your Downloads section with the word "Install"?

For Market problems try

# Go to Applications > Manage Applications.

# Select the All tab

# Find the Market app in the list of applications.

# Press Clear Data.

this worked when i had problems with dropbox installing

Guest skinnypupp

Can't wait for the new version to come out. I am running into so many odd little problems, and I just want to wipe it and start over :lol:

Right now I can't connect to wifi, it just keeps saying "obtaining address" over and over.

Guest Noonski
I get a wrong signature error with this version too..

I posted a few steps to try with this issue a few pages back.

Check my posts.

I had this too. I built a ROM in the kitchen and when I installed it there was no MoDaCo bootanimation and rom manager and titanium backup weren't there (They were baked in). I am now using my r9 build from the 20th as everything later seems to be broke!

Will try again when Paul next updates the r9 kitchen

David P

I think the servers need a little kick in the ass.

&

Bootanimation issue should not be related to the Framework/Smooth Sense.

I still have a back up of the R9 rom I made on the 20th, before it started to lose stuff.

Also it would be nice for Paul to know Which servers are causing issues (if not all, and this is something he asked for in previous threads)

Edited by Noonski

Guest logicalextreme
For Market problems try

# Go to Applications > Manage Applications.

# Select the All tab

# Find the Market app in the list of applications.

# Press Clear Data.

this worked when i had problems with dropbox installing

Thanks! I normally restore the Market link with Titanium in this kind of situation (or remove, in the case of unupdatables like Goggles), but Titanium gives a FC whenever I try it with GMail. Didn't think of clearing the data!

Guest logicalextreme
Thanks! I normally restore the Market link with Titanium in this kind of situation (or remove, in the case of unupdatables like Goggles), but Titanium gives a FC whenever I try it with GMail. Didn't think of clearing the data!

Follow-up to this -- just tried it. I thought that it would just remove GMail from my Downloads tab like it was before 2.3 came out, but it's actually repaired the Market link so it shows as installed! Thanks a lot!

Guest jimmymagix

If I wanted to extract the gmail app from my current r8 Rom so that I could have 2.1 on the r9 (as I don't like 2.2/3) how would I go about doing that?

Guest htcnick

hi, got a little problem, i wanna upgrade my r9 rom so i can get gmail 2.3, but i have found that during all the rom updates i do, when its installing it will install than restart the phone and it will stay at the modaco man/guy and never boot up. If i give it a boot sound it plays the sound ever 5 secs or so. Im using rom manager and clockwork mod.

Anyone had this issue or know how to fix it. all i can do is wipe the phone then install the backup i made (thank god),

cheers

Edited by htcnick

Guest doom71

Yes it does. I have tried every solution mentioned to resove the install issue ith no success.

i have found that during all the rom updates i do, when its installing it will install than restart the phone and it will stay at the modaco man/guy and never boot up.
What rom updates? OTA won't work or you'll loose root, upgrading from stock rom could cause problems and in some instances upgrading from previous MCR versions can cause problems.

Guest theodorius123

Hey!

I have a little noob-question: Is it somehow possible to restore the homescreens after a full wipe?

I expected titanium to do this, but it is not working.

I am using Multicon - and it takes me hours to restore this.

thanks!

theo

EDIT: and another question: if I partition my SD card with rom-manager is it ok to just use the highest amount of space for those partitions? or is something else proposed?

Edited by theodorius123

Guest theodorius123
titanium:

just restore "[Desktop] HTC Sense 1.00"

mmmh.

last times I just restored everything. apps and data. without success.

perhaps I should first restore all the apps and after that the systems data with the desktop.

I'll try next time....it all depends on paul when it will be :lol:

Guest Kiran J. Holla

Just baked an R9 ROM for myself. Was hoping that I would be able to get Maps updateable over the market. However, no luck!

1. Baked a new R9 ROM
  2. Extracted Mail.apk from the ROM zip file, patched it using the steps provided in this XDA thread, and then put it back
  3. Used the Super Circle kitchen to get the Version C of the Super Circle battery icon on my framework-res.apk
  4. Deleted Gmail.apk from the ROM zip file
  5. Deleted Maps.apk from the ROM zip file
  6. Deleted Street.apk from the ROM zip file
  7. Performed a complete wipe of the phone using CW Recovery
  8. Flashed the resulting ROM zip

After this I tried installing Gmail, Maps and Street from the market. Gmail installs fine but Maps does not install.

I have also tried suggestions involving clearing data & cache in Settings -> Applications before trying to install from the market. Still no luck!

Not sure what more I can do to get Maps to install! This is now driving me nuts!!

Regards,

Kiran

Guest shadamehr

I know Paul's busy just now, so might not see this and the last ten pages or so for a bit, but just to point out to him a few things for when he does get round to looking in, as I hate keep bothering him with Tweets (I might elect to drop you a single one Paul, mentioning this post *lol*:

1) New version of Android Car Dock this very day, with many new features.

2) New version of Google Maps, two days ago, that some like me can update fine now, others however still report the Certificate Error.

3) Bootanimation.zip issue - despite overwriting the one in the ROM zip with my own, like I always do, we are still getting standard or shiny Android worded one (I am overwriting to correct location now, since i learnt where it now lives, so it's not this). Everyone else is reporting this too mind.

4) Unique first ever issue with this ROM, or Titanium, unsure which is the cause: After clean wipe install, now every time I do a Ti Restore, and then reboot my device, I find I have TWO copies of every single widget, on every one of my home-screens. This is a most unusual 'issue' never seen before. You can easily see this in two ways, in that if you press-hold, and then drag to remove any and every widget, you need to do it yet again for the 'second copy' of it that is left on the home-screen. Additionally, for all widgets, the icon text underneath them, as it uses an element of transparency, the text background is easily noticeable as near black, instead of the normal dark brown/grey, due to two copies of the widget sitting right on top of each other, and thus greatly reducing the icon text transparency. I have no idea what is causing this, but have carefully tried three full wipe and then restores first, and now every time, I get this duplicate widgets on the home-screen issue, no matter how careful I am. So no idea if it's ROM, or Titanium to blame, but I am not doing anything different with either.

That's all I can think of for now Paul, other than some people claiming that some Servers are giving corrupt ROM bakes, but I am not sure if this is still happening for them still or not.

Appreciate your mega busy with the ZTE Balde and stuff, but just thought I should flag these things up.

ATB mate.

Guest mrshark

just cooked a rom, including adfree, spare parts, rom manager, titanium backup... none of them is in the rom, however...

031010-1037-r9-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-unsigned-MD5-b13a8ec5013f3ee0052bab8d181be86e.zip

Guest sucramco
just cooked a rom, including adfree, spare parts, rom manager, titanium backup... none of them is in the rom, however...

031010-1037-r9-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-unsigned-MD5-b13a8ec5013f3ee0052bab8d181be86e.zip

When I baked a fresh rom on Friday, everything I selected was there, apart from the boot animation. However the one I baked a couple of days before that the files above were missing. The only thing I did differently on Friday was it was signed. I have not signed a rom for such a long time, I did this time for some reason. To be honest though from what everyone has said it does seem like there is something wrong with the kitchen.