07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest KingDan

Hey peeps, I'm sorry to bring this up but I cannot seem to update my Google Search from Android Marketplace.

I assume I'd have to do an adb command on the phone to get it off and install from the marketplace?

Can someone help me with this?

I'm using the r9.

I cannot seem to update my Google Search

hmm, I have a problem with the google quicksearchbox too, as it crashes on opening - everytime.

I already flashed a new one, but that didn't help. Are there any dependencies on other google "services"?

Because I removed some stuff like Voicesearch etc. Anyone any idea?! :)

sorry that I can't provide you any help on your updateproblem. Maybe you try the method with TitaniumBackup

as described one post before, or you flash it through the recovery.

Guest garbiel
Feature Suggestion: Long holding the volume keys to skip music tracks!

Bug/Feature: Please add market links for the preinstalled apps like titanium backup and co so we dont have to first install them manual with the market to get updates.

YES. this has been a want of mine from the start. its on SE phones, it would be amazing to have on a modaco build

Guest Sidewindr
I use the circle mod version D I think which is on these forums. I also use espresso bar mod. Whilst it wouldnt hurt to have these as options in the kitchen its probably just a waste of your time as anyone who wants to theme their desire can easily find the necessary files on here or XDA. Plus since there are many versions of these mods, people would want loads of different versions adding to the kitchen, again, more time spent on something not really necessary

I also use the circle mod and have found that I get force close's on process com.android.settings when ever I replace the /system/framework/framework-res.apk .. I can also only get the APNS to work is I put the complete apn list in /system/etc/apns-config.xml and within /system/framework/framework-res.apk (the res/xml/apns.xml file). If I only put the apns into /system/etc/apns-config.xml then the phone does not pick up the APN's at all .. I used to just put them in framework-res.xml and that worked previously however this time it is not working as it used to.

The biggest problem I am experiencing however is the force close for several of the settings (Call, Sound, Display, Accounts & Sync, Location, Search, Security, SD & Phone Storage, Language & Keyboard and Voice input and output to be more precise) when ever I replace the framework-res.xml file with my modified one even when the only modification is the apns.xml file inside the framework-res.apk.

Any clues? Is it possible to put the complete APN list into the ROM .. None of the Thai carriers are in the one that is presently being used.

Guest Lord_Phoenix

Guys, I know you all hate those questions, but any clue when we can expect WIP10 or final release of current WIP9? I really miss HTC Keyboard from latest firmware.

Guest le_lutin
Guys, I know you all hate those questions, but any clue when we can expect WIP10 or final release of current WIP9? I really miss HTC Keyboard from latest firmware.

What does that keyboard have that your current one doesn't?

Guest Lord_Phoenix
What does that keyboard have that your current one doesn't?

There is a bug in Russian layout. Instead of space it puts Exclamation mark. Also layout itself is different and more convenient.

Guest shadamehr

Paul - another new issue in r9, but unsure if it's your issue, or Handcent's issue...

For the last few days I've been using the LeeDroid Rom (hears yells of shame on you etc *lol*).

Basically it was ok, but what I did find was MUCH shorter battery life. So it was bye bye to that for me.

Since moving back to r9 with it's known issues though, I have noticed an issue with Handcent SMS...

When using the LeeDroid ROM on my HTC Desire, if I had three SMS messages unread in Handcent, the little envelope icon at the very top bar of my screen, the Notifications bar, it would show an envelope notification icon, AND the number 3, telling me there were 3 unread.

However, since coming back to Modaco r9, now all I get is the envelope itself, telling me I have a message/s, but NOT indicating how MANY I have unread.

I have checked the settings, and even uninstalled and re-installed Handcent. But all to no avail.

So, it's hard to say if this is a Handcent issue, or a Modaco ROM one, but what I can say is that it worked fine on LeeDroid, which is obviously also using a different framework for the Notification fonts anyway, to your Smooth Screen one.

So any ideas please Paul?

Guest inigoml
Anyone else noticing a large amount of memory usage in the most recent bake?

I've found that my free memory after closing all apps has dropped from about 190-200MB to 116MB...

I've not reflashed in a month. And only major changes in my ROM have been Gmail 2.3 and Google Maps 4.5 (and minor updates from market, but all apps have been closed BUT gmail, of course).

I bet for gmail ...

Guest zombiefly

i am still on r8, waiting for a final of r9. One thing that's confusing me though, why are we having these issues with gmail, maps and search being stuck in the rom and not updatable from the market?

since installing the radio update i've had constant problems with my 3g signal. strength is much lower than what it used to be but 2g signal is fine. is there a way to roll back the radio? i did a nadroid backup and restored it but it doesn't seem to have rolled back the radio

Guest Kiran J. Holla
since installing the radio update i've had constant problems with my 3g signal. strength is much lower than what it used to be but 2g signal is fine. is there a way to roll back the radio? i did a nadroid backup and restored it but it doesn't seem to have rolled back the radio

I think the only way you can rollback a radio is by flashing another one. If you have a ROM that has an earlier version of the radio, flashing that should help.

But then again, I am guessing. Be very careful with whatever you choose to do with the radio as a failed flash can brick your device.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest shadamehr
Handcent menu/settings/Notification Settings -> tick the 'Show unread count' box.

Does that help?

Not when it's already ticked alas....

:-)

I have checked the settings...

Not when it's already ticked alas....

Yep, I did see where you mentioned that, but thought there was perhaps a possibility of an oversight. No matter. :)

Only other thing I can think of is an uninstall/reinstall of the Handcent app.

Guest logicalextreme

The lag that I mentioned a few pages back has really been annoying me of late, and it hit a peak this morning. I couldn't unlock the phone to turn the alarm off. It probably took two minutes to get the touchscreen to respond. After that the homescreen wouldn't load, and I could tell that the lag was even hitting the sound and vibration controllers because one or the other or both kept stopping for a few seconds. I had to take the battery out eventually.

Has anybody else experienced this constant 100% CPU usage issue at all times?

I think the only way you can rollback a radio is by flashing another one. If you have a ROM that has an earlier version of the radio, flashing that should help.

But then again, I am guessing. Be very careful with whatever you choose to do with the radio as a failed flash can brick your device.

Regards,

Kiran

Worked a treat, flashed back to R8 with the radio included with it. My desire kept on rebooting during the quietly brilliant screen so I used nandroid to restore again, confirmed that the radio had from r8 had been installed and reflashed r9 without the radio.

Guest Barbs80
The lag that I mentioned a few pages back has really been annoying me of late, and it hit a peak this morning. I couldn't unlock the phone to turn the alarm off. It probably took two minutes to get the touchscreen to respond. After that the homescreen wouldn't load, and I could tell that the lag was even hitting the sound and vibration controllers because one or the other or both kept stopping for a few seconds. I had to take the battery out eventually.

Has anybody else experienced this constant 100% CPU usage issue at all times?

had real issues with mine a couple weeks ago, normally fixed after a reboot - although was difficult to do sometimes. Reflashed a new version of r9 over the top and not had any problems since - didn't bother with a wipe.

Guest logicalextreme
had real issues with mine a couple weeks ago, normally fixed after a reboot - although was difficult to do sometimes. Reflashed a new version of r9 over the top and not had any problems since - didn't bother with a wipe.

Excellent news! I'll probably hold out for the final release unless it hasn't arrived before I go to Prague. Thanks a lot!