07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest shokka9
Idea: Have a special on-line kitchen for whiners and wingers that will brick their phones. When they complain, call it a 'work in progress'! :)

Do it.......

I would love to link the whiners to it, be funny to watch all the replies...

:)

*sign*

And additionally:

Let Paul work at the new Desire phones because this will help us to become new features on our Desire!

ty, hf

is it just me, the last 4 weeks were interesting enough - even without new things in r9:

s-off, kernel sources available, undervolt/overclock, shrinking system partition coming closer and

the combined efforts at xda getting camera working on HD sense -

until camera is solved i don't think there will be much more news for "old" desire

i can live with a few weeks more "tranquillo"

Guest texmaxx

We should be thankfull for the work Paul does!

I really appreciate to have such a nice ROM on my phone. Works like a charm.

I'm patient and all others who aren't, should exercise restraint. There will be an update. I'm sure.

Edited by texmaxx

Guest ruizit0

why that rush to r10 ?

camera dont work already.. people are working on drivers to make it work...

so i dont see the point to lauch the r10 with the new hd stuff... if things dont work nice already in our desire ...

so lets wait people can port everything .. and then paul can get to work on new r10 with all goddies working :)

Guest BashyUK
is it just me, the last 4 weeks were interesting enough - even without new things in r9:

s-off, kernel sources available, undervolt/overclock, shrinking system partition coming closer and

the combined efforts at xda getting camera working on HD sense -

until camera is solved i don't think there will be much more news for "old" desire

i can live with a few weeks more "tranquillo"

+1, I've been tweaking non-stop this last month with the things you've mentioned :)

Guest camdenhandbrake

I'm in no rush for r10 and not quite sure why so many people are complaining. Exactly what new features are they missing?

There's a few tweaks, updates and fixes that r9 could do with to make it final but most of those tweaks I can do myself, already have done or can wait for final. It's not as if the rom is unusable or there's any must have features missing.

I went ad free purely to cook my own r9 rom and don't feel ripped off in the slightest. Quite the opposite. And people should remember it's called Ad Free membership not Unlimited Rom Updates membership.

Keep up the good work, Paul. Most of us appreciate it.

Come on peeps, i'm working on trying to get a really top notch Desire HD / Z port going for the Desire / Nexus One as well as the other bits and pieces... if you have issues with the release schedule feel free to PM me directly.

P

People are just being greedy, Paul has already mentioned he's working on porting parts of DesireHD ROM over. What's the point in getting it early if it's not going to work completely?

Also for those moaning about £10.00, you're really moaning about £10.00?

Please think about this logically, that's ~3 less pints of alcohol less a year to fund £10.00 yearly subscription, or taking sandwiches into work for a week instead of buying lunch in town every day. Get some perspective for crying out loud :)

and remember, Paul was the guy who made this possible in the first place by rooting a heavily protected phone. The guy deserved my £10 just for that.

Edited by Mekerz

Guest shokka9
Come on peeps, i'm working on trying to get a really top notch Desire HD / Z port going for the Desire

P

@ Paul

Seriously mate, don't listen to these 'few'. You know the score and most of the people here do too, but the 'few' start off new topics, solely to moan and whine and make out like they are hard done by.

I know you feel that you have an obligation to your members, but you met that and exceeded that a very long time ago. The fact that we (the paid) members can cook our own version of your builds is worth any amount of money.

I don't think it will bother you that much, but i hope that these 'few' don't make you question what you do for different devices and when you do it.

The biggest issue is that the 'few' that moan have no idea what you do, and what it actually involves. Trust me, i do. You don't just do it for the Desire, you do it for everything...and have a family, a life etc etc.

And i am also guessing by saying that you will jump back in the Windows kitchen too :) for WP7??

Oh, how the moaners will moan, they will think you have left Android altogether.

Just keep doing what you do best Paul. Being you!

Thanks and not waiting for anything.

Just here because i can be.

Guest BashyUK
@ Paul

Seriously mate, don't listen to these 'few'. You know the score and most of the people here do too, but the 'few' start off new topics, solely to moan and whine and make out like they are hard done by.

I know you feel that you have an obligation to your members, but you met that and exceeded that a very long time ago. The fact that we (the paid) members can cook our own version of your builds is worth any amount of money.

I don't think it will bother you that much, but i hope that these 'few' don't make you question what you do for different devices and when you do it.

The biggest issue is that the 'few' that moan have no idea what you do, and what it actually involves. Trust me, i do. You don't just do it for the Desire, you do it for everything...and have a family, a life etc etc.

And i am also guessing by saying that you will jump back in the Windows kitchen too :) for WP7??

Oh, how the moaners will moan, they will think you have left Android altogether.

Just keep doing what you do best Paul. Being you!

Thanks and not waiting for anything.

Just here because i can be.

+1

In the words of the ghetto: 'He be one FLY muthafka!' :)

Guest logicalextreme

I'm guessing it's the same sorts of people that change their 5-star reviews on the Android Market to 1 star for such baffling reasons as:

* The latest version has adverts

* The application updates too often

* A feature that one user wants is not present or doesn't work exactly how they want

* The beta has expired and there's now a reasonably-price paid version available

* The latest version doesn't work properly (this one can be annoying, yes; but if it's an application that requires root the users should bloody well know how to revert)

Come on peeps, i'm working on trying to get a really top notch Desire HD / Z port going for the Desire / Nexus One as well as the other bits and pieces... if you have issues with the release schedule feel free to PM me directly.

P

When ever you ready Paul, I for one is waiting patiently for your top notch Roms.

Grobie

Guest Kiran J. Holla

P

Come on Paul!! Don't let a few screamers let you get all worried!

The worst that can happen is that a few of us could get our F5 keys stuck, that is all. Don't you let that get you all worried.

Take your time; we understand that magic sometimes takes time :)

Regards,

Kiran

Guest Jerry13

P

Thank you. As far as I'm concerned £10 for the work you have done is money very well spent!

Guest vfrvulcan
Thank you. As far as I'm concerned £10 for the work you have done is money very well spent!

+1

Keep up the good work Paul, the majority of us are very happy and obviously looking forward to an R10/HD WIP but there's no rush for the sake of peeps whingeing at a lack of releases.

The moaners can go spin! Even one ROM download is worth the £10 to get away from carrier-locked, bloated ROMs.

Guest shokka9

Paul wont rush, he likes to make things right, if it takes time, well it takes time.

I think this thread was for R9 WIP....

So, whilst i used it, it was very nice, all the usual tweaks done by Paul, i cooked a slim line nonsense build and liked it very much.

Good work as always.

Look forward to whatever is put on the forum (whenever that may be).

Where is that beer??

I'm in no hurry... Noone is forcing anyone to pay anything... dont pay and you'll have to wait even longer.

Now i'm looking forward to a nice hd/z rom whenever that will be and i'm sure it will be alot sooner then if you havnt rooted... if ever! so stop whining and see all the good stuff instead :)

Anyone think an 'ignore user' button would be handy?

Sorry but I think a little piece of information goes a long way. Even If there's no update then fine, but please say there is no update. I don't think silence is the best option. So to that end, I think a, sorry guys but there will be no update this week, would be a good button to have.

lol you guys crack me up!!! Do you all worship at the altar of Paul?? haha

Yeah actually we all do, didn't you know that it was Paul that rooted God and then flashed him.