07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Yeah actually we all do, didn't you know that it was Paul that rooted God and then flashed him.

I second that. I have a little shrine devoted to him.

Jesus, Paul and Moses walked and came to the sea.

Jesus walked on watter and crossed it. So did Paul.

The last was Moses that fell into the water.

Jesus said: "Should we tell him about the rocks so he can cross?"

Paul replied: "What rocks?"

True story

Guest Asselberghs

@Paul: Hi there:)

Just know that your work is appreciated and the majority of the users in here, myself included, love what you do and I for one have much to thank you for.

MoDaCo is your creation, because of the forum and your fantastic MCR rom (version R8) I´ve managed to root my phone, gained access to paid apps which was a feature I really really wanted from day one, and I´ve had that many months in advance of the paid apps roll out in Europe recently.

I´ve customized my phone with mods unavailable to unrooted phones.

I´ve managed to get my Desire phone closer to the Nexus One by pealing away Sense, that was so awsome, since I from the release of Nexus One always wanted one of those but they were unavailable as you properly know, to Europe.

I´ve several times made my phone even cooler thanks to your suggestions in "App of the day" which I follow closely.

I´ve gotten Android version updates (from Eclair to Froyo) way ahead of HTC´s super slow update speeds thanks to your fantastic work on MCR.

In regards to that, I found myself going, ohh now those unrooted people gets an OTA from HTC provided they are not carrier locked, that was....late heh.

MoDaCo is my #1 source of information of anything Android, from Android news, to hacks/rootings and mods.

Once again thanks m8:)

@whiners

Okay whiners, for one, you´ve got the Option to pay Paul a small fee.

There´s two options for paid, Ad Free which is 10£ or Plus for I think it´s 30£, optional payments.

Let´s see what you get. Seen as you seem to think your being threated unfairly, which your NOT for gods sake, by subscribing let´s presume you´d never want to go plus and just keep it at Ad Free.

The value of this subscription fee could be recalculated to what? 2 times lunch? or 1 dinner for one person? or a couple of beers? or for the gamers out there, 1 month of game time in your favorite MMO.

And MoDaCo subscription lasts one year!!

For MoDaCo Ad-Free sub.:

You get rid of ads which can be an annoying aspect, now in theory Paul has already done what he promises and could leave it at that.

So in addition or maybe as a bonus you get:

An easy to follow step by step guide on how to root your device. (Paul is nice and provides it free, would you prefer he locked it up to add to your "value for money" and forced it on you to get access to it?)

A good, fast, reliable and super customizable rom that you can tailor to perfection and to my knowledge something like this is not available anywhere else. (oh yea Paul offers it up free, and let you download it even without a subscription with the default options, should he remove this so you get "value for money"?)

Oh and these things he does all across Android on different phones to satisfy as many people as possible.

Plus IIRC he has a regular day job besides all these rootings and roms.

So don´t talk about not getting anything for your paid subscription. We get a TON of stuff for very little money and alot for free.

And I´m not trying to start a war here or flame ppl or anything but comon, you cannot make such demands nor complain about the subscription. Think about what you spend, how long it lasts and what you get for a sub. to MoDaCo.

True story

thanks god paul i god rid of the ridiculous "god loves you" admobs ;-)

lol you guys crack me up!!! Do you all worship at the altar of Paul?? haha

WHERE'S THE IGNORE BUTTON!!!!!!! :)

[EDIT] FOUND IT!!

post-734672-1287211637_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grobie

Guest sucramco
thanks god paul i god rid of the ridiculous "god loves you" admobs ;-)

I am sorry I don't like all this Paul is God business. :)

CANTONA is God. :)

The new update will be worth the wait. Good things come to those that wait.

Keep up the good work Paul.

Guest volatile_ink
WHERE'S THE IGNORE BUTTON!!!!!!! :)

[EDIT] FOUND IT!!

post-734672-1287211637_thumb.jpg

Shame it doesn't work. You bunch of noobs.

Quite ironic how the same people who start threads like 'how do I flash a recovery' and 'apps2sd is it working, how do I tell' start spewing about updates.

Do they really need/appreciate updates? I bet they couldn't tell the difference between 1.5 and 2.2 if an Android bit them on the arse!

Edited by volatile_ink

True story

LOOOL!!!! :)

Guest Kiran J. Holla
What if after installing the rom, it loops the silver android logo while booting?

For the first time after the install, it may appear to go on forever at that silver android screen. But, give it time and it should recover. After first install, it can go on at that screen for nearly 5 minutes!

Give it time. But if your's keeps going for longer than 5-10 minutes, then you probably have a problem.

Regards,

Kiran

But, give it time and it should recover.

well actually it doesn't recover, it's doing hard work to optimize classes.dex files from .apk's

you can watch it - btw:

adb shell logcat (with usb connected)

D/installd( 120): DexInv: --- BEGIN '/system/app/Phone.apk' ---

D/dalvikvm( 180): DexOpt: load 280ms, verify 1894ms, opt 183ms

D/installd( 120): DexInv: --- END '/system/app/Phone.apk' (success) ---

if you have a bootloop, you can see it (it's mostly not related to dexopt and maybe make conclusions whats causing it) in the logcat

Edited by woti17

Hi Paul

installed the r9 WIP...

Will you please add more emergency numbers to the final ROM?

reminder...

As per my earlier request to add Emergency Numbers to the ROM data base on the future r9, I have located a list of all the known emergency numbers of countries around the world, to make it easier for you...

I have no idea about the file format on the ROM itself, but assuming (and hoping) it's like a text file, you can "copy & paste" the list below...

This should be helpful for all members of MoDaCo in case they are in emergency situation...

Thanks

0,1,2,3,11,14,15,16,17,18,19,22,33,92,93,94,100,101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,

110,111,112,113,114,115,116,117,118,119,120,122,123,124,125,127,128,129,131,132,

133,140,155,158,166,171,175,180,190,191,192,193,197,198,199,211,311,318,511,901,

Edited by lamdin

Guest lnoormohamed

hello guys,.... i was wondering has the boot anamiaton been fixed yet? i stopped using r9wip because of that currently using aurxrsense v7.8.1. but its a great rom but i prefer something that looks more like stock and get the option to bake what you want.....

for those who want "r10":

check "v10" of this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=789830

seems to run fast and quite stable - NO CAM,yet!

I just downloaded version 10 and it seems very good. I was on version 9 and it was rock solid stable and fast with good battery. Being hd sense, its way better than anything else, just no camera which I know is a killer for many. Also Version 10 is too early to tell for me just how good. But I also recommend alexs Rom over at xda that got mentioned earlier a couple of times. for those wanting a working camera (without sense hd) id give Alex 1.7 a go.

Guest Shadow75

Hi Paul

I have two problems with the r9 ROM for the HTC Desire :)

1. Google Maps. It will not do any updates from the Market as it fails every time and has never worked.

2. The Mobile Internet keeps on being disabled and stops me from using it when I am out and about. I have to go into Settings---Wireless & networks---Mobile networks---Access Point Names. And all I see is that the mobile internet and MMS are both disabled. The only way of correcting this is if I manually correct it.

This is an example of what I see: "Orange Internetwsp-disabled". And its should read "Orange Internet".

All I do is manually delete the last letters as you can see from each section that has been disabled. And once I do this eveything works okay until the phone re-boots and everything is disabled once again! In your r8 ROM it works great with no issues.

I have had these problems from day one. I have done 9 bakes re-installing it onto my phone but no luck whatsover. Is this a problem that other people have encountered too?

I have done complete wipes and still nothing works.

I know you say to let you know if we occur any problems with the r9 ROM so you can work on them, so I thought I would let you know of these two issues which I do not know how to fix.

Apart from that eveything else is great, so keep up the great work Paul.

I look forward to hearing back on your advice with many thanks :)

1. Google Maps. It will not do any updates from the Market as it fails every time and has never worked.

Search is your friend.

This has come up many many many times.

2. The Mobile Internet keeps on being disabled and stops me from using it when I am out and about. I have to go into Settings---Wireless & networks---Mobile networks---Access Point Names. And all I see is that the mobile internet and MMS are both disabled. The only way of correcting this is if I manually correct it.

This is an example of what I see: "Orange Internetwsp-disabled". And its should read "Orange Internet".

Are you using any app that will restrict your network access?

I know there's a few out there that will rename your APN's depending on what the setup is. Useful for people like me who have 250mb of data to use and have to keep a usage tracker running!

Guest radiogaurav

Paul's already said a number of things over the past one week or so

1. he's busy with getting desire z/hd work done

2. once that is done, he'll probably give us the good hd/z stuff on our normal desires

3. if you're waiting and want something more, you're more than welcome to check out other roms

i for one am exercising the 3rd option while paul takes his time to work on the good stuff for us. Go Paul..go Paul :)

check out xda forums for other kitchens or roms while you wait...and shhhhh! :) :)

Guest Kiran J. Holla
Search is your friend.

This has come up many many many times.

Hi Jamien,

Yes, this has come many times and I myself have been hunting for a solution for quite some time now.

I have tried almost everything there is to try:

• Manually deleting the Maps.apk from thr R9 zip file before flashing and then trying an install from the market
  • Deleting the Maps.apk from /system/app and installing the latest Maps.apk using ADB, then uninstalling it using Settings -> Applications and then trying a install from the market.
  • Deleting the Maps.apk from /system/app and installing the latest Maps.apk using ADB, then uninstalling it using Titanium Backup and then trying an install from the market

But, nothing seems to work on R8 or R9 :)

This is still a problem for me, which, I guessed I would have to just live with.

Regards,

Kiran