07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fredaroony
hihi,

Thank you Paul will be sufficient. :P

It’s easy to comment something you can’t do.

Was hardly something to be thankful for and this update should have been done ages ago.

I paid to use the kitchen so I dont have to do it. If I had known it would hardly ever be updated and that he gives up quickly for newer model phones I wouldnt have bothered.

Guest le_lutin
Was hardly something to be thankful for and this update should have been done ages ago.

I paid to use the kitchen so I dont have to do it. If I had known it would hardly ever be updated and that he gives up quickly for newer model phones I wouldnt have bothered.

You need to move on man. For your mental health.

Guest anexiole

hi guys,

I have been trying to download the prebaked roms here for hours.

* r9 with default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 6bad5e1b72813634f01e61610db2b280

* r9 with default MoDaCo additions and with A2SD - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 51e885db489844e04a0dccecae95a501

* r9 without default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 0cce0a54349abf4ff3f855f9910258b5

Each time i click on either of the links, a page comes up asking me to type in the words on the screen.

I type in the words as directed and hit "submit".

After that, the browser's screen goes blank and on FF 3.6, it shows as if it's trying to load something but this goes on for hours and still nothing.

Tried this a few times on FF 3.6 , Safari and google Chrome to no success.

Is anyone else facing this problem?

Thank you :P

Guest Kiran J. Holla
You need to move on man. For your mental health.

@le_lutin, I disagree. I think @fredaroony needs to move on for all our mental healths.

@fredaroony, I think you should just take up your beef directly with Paul instead of boring all of us with it. That approach would be more productive.

Paul can be contacted via Twitter at @PaulOBrien. You could also try PMing him.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest fredaroony
@fredaroony, I think you should just take up your beef directly with Paul instead of boring all of us with it. That approach would be more productive.

Paul can be contacted via Twitter at @PaulOBrien. You could also try PMing him.

Regards,

Kiran

How about you worry about yourself... My opinion is no less valid than yours and its too bad if you dont like it or find it "boring".

Guest Han-Droid

KIRAN and FREADAROONY are a perfect example why I am posting this:

I HATE these postings!

BOTH users complaining and users (inappropiately) worshipping and "protecting" Paul are *really* going on my nerves since all these postings are pointless, cluttering this thread making it hard to read.

I was even thinking about my own posting but finally decided to drop these lines - actually I am confident most of the readers share my opinion.

So, please guys...I ask you kindly to STFU.

I can't think about a solution... maybe Paul should split threads in a read-only and a discussion thread??

Guest firsthippy

Isn't the £10 so you can view the forum without ads? I don't recall seeing anything about guaranteed release dates. Where are Paul's SLAs? Yeah, exactly.

Guest TheScrub
Isn't the £10 so you can view the forum without ads? I don't recall seeing anything about guaranteed release dates. Where are Paul's SLAs? Yeah, exactly.

THIS.

Now can everyone quit bitching please? Paul develops for more than just one phone and actually has a life outside of this stuff, give the guy a break.

Guest volatile_ink

BACK ON TOPIC:

There are a lot of kernels around, can someone recommend the best one for use with r9 from personal experience?

Looking for speed and stability. Rather than anything else...

Is there a kernel in development specifically for use with MCR ROM's (a bit like Teknologist did for the Hero [RIP :P ])

Guest BashyUK
I gave this a go but it says "ln: cannot allocate memory" (even if I remount as r/w) then a few minutes later the phone reboots. I have a feeling I'm being a noob and overlooking something here.

EDIT: I needed to s-off my Desire. Done, and then this worked perfectly. :P Now all I have to do is figure out how to get audio to play on startup!

I deleted the r2d2 audio from the sky statusbar theme as I didn't want it every time I changed the boot animation, the file was android_audio.mp3 in the same file location as the bootanimation.zip, /data/local...although I can't remember if that's where the same files are for r9...

Guest wheelbot

How do I separate the facebook app from sync support as I wanna update the app without re-flashing all the time?

Edited by wheelbot

Guest Ran Sagy

Offtopic: This thread needs a serious slap by a moderator or from Paul.

Ontopic: I've noticed my R9 bake from a month or so ago has some odd issues from time to time. For example, I sometimes wake my phone by pressing the power button to see it isn't even locked - as if it didn't even go to sleep when i locked it before. I also noticed the various apps like gallery and such not picking up changes to the content on the SD card even if i unmount and remount it - i have to restart the phone. Anyone noticed either issues?

Guest The Virus 2013
BACK ON TOPIC:

There are a lot of kernels around, can someone recommend the best one for use with r9 from personal experience?

Looking for speed and stability. Rather than anything else...

Is there a kernel in development specifically for use with MCR ROM's (a bit like Teknologist did for the Hero [RIP :P ])

I use this one for a while now and it's very stable and fast. With correct SetCPU settings, I get about 2 and half days of heavy usage, and more than 1500 at Quadrant.

Guest GADGTGUY

Does anyone know of a version of DSP manager that works with this build?

I can't seem to get any of the versions I was able to find to work with it.

I keep getting Forced Close errors.

Thanks,

D.

Guest Ran Sagy

I wonder when will Paul simply change that pesky line to "WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE UPDATING", Finally, So people can stop bitching :P

Re my two mentioned issues - No one encountered either? Maybe i had an odd bake, but i wiped everything out first and it still does those things. odd.

Guest lid2000

Anyone else having a problem having Facebook pictures appear alongside text messages? Always used to work, now I just get the generic silhouette icon for everyone (although in People and on the text messages widget, their images appear).

Guest dodolom

Hey guys,

A bit off topic but I last rooted my phone a while ago with 2.1 on my Desire officially and I never officially upgraded to 2.2 Froyo with OTA update.

Now my question is, if I upgrade to 2.2 officialy via OTA, can I still Root my phone after that? Also, even if that's possible, should I even bother upgrading to the official Froyo?

I am just curious basically.

Thnx in advance,

I wonder when will Paul simply change that pesky line to "WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE UPDATING", Finally, So people can stop bitching :P

X10! But the fact that he hasn't done it already suggests that he won't do it all the time it might effect his income!

Guest Kiran J. Holla
Hey guys,

A bit off topic but I last rooted my phone a while ago with 2.1 on my Desire officially and I never officially upgraded to 2.2 Froyo with OTA update.

Now my question is, if I upgrade to 2.2 officialy via OTA, can I still Root my phone after that? Also, even if that's possible, should I even bother upgrading to the official Froyo?

I am just curious basically.

Thnx in advance,

Firstly, you will not be able to install the OTA until you unroot your phone and go back to a HTC Stock ROM.

Assuming you have ClockworkMod Recovery installed as part of the Rooting process, all you need to do to get Froyo is to bake an R8/R9 Froyo ROM and flash it onto your Phone.

Going the official route can be quite cumbersome: Unroot -> Get the OTA -> Downgrade HBOOT -> Root again -> Why?

Regards,

Kiran