07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

ok thanks, that helps. Does this website offer that.

At the moment, as far as i know, the MoDaCo roms don't offer OTA updates. There are some roms around who do, so if that is what you want, look around. XDA developers is a good start.

---I do think MoDaCo roms are one of, maybe even the best around.---

Guest GADGTGUY

Hi,

I am currently running this ROM using a custom kitchen cook.

My question is:

Is there a way I can add in more of the stock Google/Droid apps rather than the HTC Sense ones?

I prefer the Native Contacts, Phone, Messaging, Mail, etc.

Can any of these just be added as one-offs after applying the ROM?

If so... where can I get the apps from?

D.

Guest logicalextreme

Just baked and flashed. Seems faster to me, I'm not sure if that's just my mind playing tricks though. About to update the kernel to the custom one mentioned a few pages back.

Out of interest (a little off-topic, I know) has anybody found a zip that gives you a transparent status bar on Desire ROMs?

Guest logicalextreme
I use this one for a while now and it's very stable and fast. With correct SetCPU settings, I get about 2 and half days of heavy usage, and more than 1500 at Quadrant.

Thanks for this! I flashed it over my newest r9 and Quadrant's bumped up a bit, but with this (and presumably the GPU driver updates in the latest one) things look noticeably smoother. Care to link to/post an example of your SetCPU profiles?

Guest KingDan

has anyone been getting problems with the pictures?

it shows fine when you view the preview and in the gallery thumbnail also

but when you view it, it shows up like this.

post-714695-1288698841_thumb.jpg

post-714695-1288698855_thumb.jpg

Guest beegee1962

Thanks for this tip with Double Twist. That brought me on the right way while searching for the similar problem.

I don't have Double Twist installed, but WinAmp has a similar stupid standard setting that overrides the 'Charge Only'.

Solved, see the bottom of the post...

Further to my earlier message about the unmounted SD card when plugged into my car charger...

I've just plugged my phone into my laptop to charge whilst listening to music. It came up as 'Charge Only' in the notification area, but the music stopped. I checked the player and all of the tracks had disapeared - it (DoubleTwist) stated that the phone was connected to a PC. I checked the setting of the 'connection status' in the notification bar, this time bringing up the selections, selected 'Charge Only' (although it was already ticked) and then OK. 'Preparing SD Card' appeared in the notification bar and shortly after the tracks became available again.

Is this a known bug? I can't find reference to it elsewhere. It seems (when combined with my charger problem) that upon plugging in a USB cable the phone immediately unmounts the SD card, regardless of what the next action is.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

Solved: Shortly after posting this I re-searched Google and came across a post regarding Double Twist. It has a setting which automatically sets USB mode despite what Sense has set. I've disabled this and it now works perfectly. Great piece of software, very stupid default setting.

Guest jonas123456

i installed the precompiled rom "r9 with default MoDaCo additions and with A2SD" and then the phone got the google standard interface without any sense thingy.

But then i got the 9.99 kitchen and exluded all i could hink of and then i got the sense keyboard back and when i after this installed "r9 with default MoDaCo additions and with A2SD" agin then i got the whole sens thingy including the lockscreen.

And now i cant get rid of it.

My goal is to have it the most like android stock as possible without sense installed this worked the first time.

i have tried to reset from the clockworkmod.

Edited by jonas123456

Guest Asselberghs

Hi guys:)

Just a quick question, currently I´m running MCR R8 and it´s awsome.

As close to stock android as possible, which I plan to do with R9 also.

I have been waiting for R9 to exit WIP mode, because I presumed it then would be fit for everyday use and not very experimental/unstable.

But as far as I can tell from the posts the r9 is "done" and stable, aside the fact that it´s basically r8 improved, which I guess makes very good sense now I think of it heh.

My reason for going from R8 to R9 is simply I need Apps2SD+ soon, when my ordered 32 GB MicroSD card arrives in my mailbox.

I diden´t bake it in originally because I thought I woulden´t be needing it as long as I only had the standard 4 GB card. But now that I´ve got a bigger SD card on the way it´s time to get more space on the phone:D

I´m basicly a bit afraid of performance issues due to the WIP "flag" on the topic. Not that I doubt Paul, my mindset is just, "beta" is fun enough to look at but I don´t dare use it in "everyday mode" and depend on it.

Please note it´s not a "get it done already whine" simply a question of performance/stability which I presume to be in top as always it would just be nice to hear it from someone currently on this rom.

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

Guest jonas123456

this time i did the reset and wipe data in the clockwork and i have formatted the sd and still the same problem.

Also did wipe and stuff after installing the zip

How come i got the google look before but not now.

I had 97 mb free space that time and now i only have 73 mb free so the sense have to take up quite a lot of space

Guest logicalextreme
Please note it´s not a "get it done already whine" simply a question of performance/stability which I presume to be in top as always it would just be nice to hear it from someone currently on this rom.

I was pretty hesitant at first too, but took the plunge and it's fine. The latest update seems to have solved all of the lag problems I had and I also updated the kernel for a bit of extra performance. I trusted r9 WIP enough that I took it abroad for almost a week where I knew I wouldn't be able to reflash if anything went wrong. A2SD+ is definitely worth it.

Guest BashyUK
Hi guys:)

Just a quick question, currently I´m running MCR R8 and it´s awsome.

As close to stock android as possible, which I plan to do with R9 also.

I have been waiting for R9 to exit WIP mode, because I presumed it then would be fit for everyday use and not very experimental/unstable.

But as far as I can tell from the posts the r9 is "done" and stable, aside the fact that it´s basically r8 improved, which I guess makes very good sense now I think of it heh.

My reason for going from R8 to R9 is simply I need Apps2SD+ soon, when my ordered 32 GB MicroSD card arrives in my mailbox.

I diden´t bake it in originally because I thought I woulden´t be needing it as long as I only had the standard 4 GB card. But now that I´ve got a bigger SD card on the way it´s time to get more space on the phone:D

I´m basicly a bit afraid of performance issues due to the WIP "flag" on the topic. Not that I doubt Paul, my mindset is just, "beta" is fun enough to look at but I don´t dare use it in "everyday mode" and depend on it.

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

As you've already given mcr a long run maybe try Alex V or another sense rom. Definitely recommend it. I've tried r 9 too and it's perfectly fine so no worries there.

Guest logicalextreme

Couple of questions/observations, looking for input from other users:

1) A2SD+ -- this version moves the Dalvik cache as well, but I've got less than 30MB internal storage left now?! Is this just because I have a horrific amount of applications installed, and haven't got rid of Sense yet?

2) BusyBox -- I've Googled this for hours now so please somebody check their phone for my sanity. In /system/xbin are all of the BusyBox commands. There's also a directory called bb. In this directory are all of the BusyBox commands again, and a directory called bb. Again. In this directory...well, that goes on for at least 130 nested levels, all of which are identical. I got annoyed with them last night and deleted them all, and didn't reclaim any space (so I suspect they're symlinks and nothing more), but after a reboot they were back. All of them. Any ideas? Does anyone else have this?

Yep, I have that too.

2) BusyBox -- I've Googled this for hours now so please somebody check their phone for my sanity. In /system/xbin are all of the BusyBox commands. There's also a directory called bb. In this directory are all of the BusyBox commands again, and a directory called bb. Again. In this directory...well, that goes on for at least 130 nested levels, all of which are identical. I got annoyed with them last night and deleted them all, and didn't reclaim any space (so I suspect they're symlinks and nothing more), but after a reboot they were back. All of them. Any ideas? Does anyone else have this?

Guest djmrmagic

Hi Guys,

I am having a issue with GPS apps on this ROM. I was running a custom baked V8.1 ROM fine.

I performed a full wipe using the clockwork recovery method (hold down vol key on power on, boot into recovery, then use the recovery-windows.bat file from r5-desire-root)

repartitioned the sd card

then mounted the sd card copied the baked rom zip file, unmounted the card then flashed the rom

It ran perfect for 2 days with no issues, and was very impressed, but since loading Co Pilot, it can run from 3 mins to 10 mins then just reboots.

I then reproduced the problem by re flashing, letting it run for a few days with no issues, then re installing co pilot

I then reflashed, waited and tried another navigation app, same thing. Also rebooted using google maps with GPS enabled.

Doing a google I noticed a few people with GPS apps causing reboots on FROYO but I cant find anything on here.

I wonderred if if was the latest radio version causing me issues, but cant find out how to revert my radio back.

Unless anyone has any other ideas?

(I do have the stock rom,"RUU_Bravo_O2_UK_1.20.207.1_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_124865" but when running it, the desire reboots to the bootloader and the update program cant find it!) arrgggghh

Edited by djmrmagic

Guest ferryrich
Doing a google I noticed a few people with GPS apps causing reboots on FROYO but I cant find anything on here.

I had reboots, but only when my network coverage dropped. It happened to me 5 times in a row driving up/down the M40 around Oxford.

At the time I had my Preferred network mode set to WCDMA only.

I changed it to GSM / WCDMA auto and I've never seen it again.

Hope it helps, but can't promise anything.

Guest fakefur

guys

is it possible to bake a completely non-sense rom using the kitchen? i find myself using launcher pro and i always exclude facebook and peep etc etc from the bake anyways ... was just wondering if i could go completely non-sense?

if so, does anybody know what needs to be included (or what can be excluded) ?

thanks

:)

Guest Asselberghs

Just exclude Sense/Rosie and HTC Lockscreen and you should be pritty much "senseless" hehe

edit: oh and you have to include the Launcher option:)

Edited by Asselberghs

Guest fakefur
Just exclude Sense/Rosie and HTC Lockscreen and you should be pritty much "senseless" hehe

edit: oh and you have to include the Launcher option:)

and exclude all the other HTC bits too yes?

Guest Asselberghs

HTC apps can be installed but if you want close to stock exclude them, all the HTC widgets as far as I know depends on Sense so these has to be excluded.