07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Guys,

I've been playing with cooking a ROM over the last few days, and all seems well other then the sync icon always being on.

I wanted to remove all the stuff I never use, so Peep, Twitter, FriendSteam, FootPrints etc... all went, I did however include Facebook.

Any mail gets pushed to Gmail, all my contacts are downloaded along with their pics/statuses and the weather works fine. I just can't seem to get why the is=con never disappears.

Anyone else had this? Or can anyone think of something I missed?

Cheers,

John

@Johnrg:

There has been a lot of posts about the sync problem.

If you use facebook then leave friends stream in or you'll have that problem. Or exclude them both.

Edited by bpivk

@Johnrg:

If you use facebook then leave friends stream in or you'll have that problem. Or exclude them both.

Thanks,

I'll give it a go tonight when I get home.

John.

Edit> The Golden Gate bridge picture that appears in the "Wallpapers" is actually stored in the original Launcher2.apk from stock Android Launcher.

I would have love to find it in higher resolution to use it on my Galaxy Tab but I won't stand a chance for the moment...

Sorry for the trivial question but...

I just got myself a Galaxy Tab to complement my Desire. So far I love it and enjoy the extra screen real estate and the portability.

I have a superb wallpaper in my Modaco Desire to be found in the "Wallpapers" gallery. It is a picture of the Golden Gate and the Bay Area.

Does anyone know in which package I can find this wallpaper? Can someone point me to the source of the image so that I can check if it exist somewhere in a resolution matching my Tab?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I know it's loosely related to r9...

Cheers,

Hal

Edited by Hal06

@Johnrg:

I can confirm that having included both Facebook and FriendStream the sync problem is resolved. So I've managed to get rid of most of the HTC apps to and its all working great!

Cheers for the help!

Guest achrich
Hi @all. I'm experemeting now for a month with this rom. So far everything fine. I noticed the "memory problem" too. I have another problem with the browser so i don't know if it is this mentioned memory problem.

Sometimes the device gets very laggy, when I'm using the default browser. I don't know exactly when it happens. Flash is disabled!

When i look in OS Monitor App I see, that my browser is up to 10 times open! Every Task has a different Prozess ID, so it is no indication error from OS Monitor. So, what is that? How can I fix it and am I the only one with this problem?

Next time the problem appears, i make a screenshot an post it up.

I get this random lag also since moving to r9 - r7 worked no issues. All caches been cleaned - don`t see any relation to stock browser when looking at system panel info but will try not using it for a few days. Ba...first bad experience with these other wise excellent ROMS.

Guest mattics

Just a quick Q. If before I flash I remove the com.wsadnroid.apk will WS be completly gone, is it not tied into the rom in any other way.

I love modaco with all (well 99%) of the additions apart from WS. I think I will be going back to Modaco after a while with leedroid, and a little play on RCMixHD.

Note: I am not asking how to remove WS from a currently installed rom etc, I am just stripping some stuff out before I flash. I know that removing the apk removes the app, but I didn't know if it was anything like some sense apps where they are tied in/rely on each other.

Edited by mattics

I'm having some sync problems with a secondary Google account and was just wondering whether this was a known issue for R9? :P

I upgraded to R9 last week and since then I'm finding the the sync is only in one direction. Emails arrive on the phone fine, but are not marked as read or deleted as actioned on the phone. Similarly, the Google calendar for the account will sync new events to the phone from the computer, but any additions from the phone or edits on the phone are not sent back to the server.

I've tried a few manual refreshes, removed the account, cleared data and caches (and re-added the account) but it's still only a one-way sync for my secondary account. (Primary email account and calendar both working perfectly)

Can anyone confirm whether others are having this issue too or am I alone on this one?

Cheers,

Karl

Guest marimba

i'm also experiencing the multitouch-malfunction, where after the phone has runf or some time (~1 day), multitouch in sense, the browser, maps etc. doesn't seem to work anymore. actually, the entire system seems to ignore multitouch (other users have stated that only some apps didn't respond properly, if i remember correctly).

will now try to move back to r8 from r9 (current).

Guest marimba

seems like it's not always the custom ROM that causes the problem:

over at xda, there are people saying that the swype keyboard broke their multitouch. will try to see what uninstalling it does for me.

Guest camdenhandbrake
seems like it's not always the custom ROM that causes the problem:

over at xda, there are people saying that the swype keyboard broke their multitouch. will try to see what uninstalling it does for me.

No need to uninstall it. Just change your default input method to another keyboard and multi-touch should magically start working again. You should then be able to select Swype as you default keyboard again.

Guest logicalextreme
Just wonder Data2SD would work in MCR R9..... :huh:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=852219

Anyone tried this in MCR?

Nope, but I'm sure as hell willing to give it a go.

I assumed that I'd have to have a huge number of applications to kill my internal storage (and I do) but wasn't aware of the /data issue until a few days ago -- after uninstalling a few things and getting less than a meg back in total (which put me on a whole 16 megs free!) I decided to trust previous app of the day DiskUsage (check it out, it's actually very cool) in telling me that Google Earth was really eating up my storage.

BAM! 20 extra megs freed up. As such I am now operating with Earth removed, and if I ever want to use it I'll have to temporarily restore it from the Titanium backup. Okay, I barely ever use it, but it'd sure be nice to have /data on the SD card too.

In fact, I think if the fix works then it should be bundled into A2SD+, not to mention MCR10. If I get the chance I'll definitely be giving it a go, but I've almost used my A2SD+ partition up so may have to repartition = could be a few days off. Thanks for the pointer!

Edited by logicalextreme

Why don't you just move the /data/data directory. I have 170mb free (7mb used) with that and almost no issues.

There are only two backsides to that:

- You need a fast card (at least class 6)

- If you use a slower card (I'm using class 4) you have to update and install software one at a time or the installation will take a really long time.

But those are minor issues due to the slow card.

Edited by bpivk

Guest jimmymagix
Paul any news about R10? ;)

+2.

Don't want to be one of the ones constantly nagging, but do you have a rough idea when you will be turning your attention to this device again for an R10?

Guest saisquare
Why don't you just move the /data/data directory. I have 170mb free (7mb used) with that and almost no issues.

There are only two backsides to that:

- You need a fast card (at least class 6)

- If you use a slower card (I'm using class 4) you have to update and install software one at a time or the installation will take a really long time.

But those are minor issues due to the slow card.

A noob question, how to move the /data/data and where should it be moved? ext?

A noob question, how to move the /data/data and where should it be moved? ext?

You move it by changing the /init.d/40a2sd file with a modified version that also moves /data/data to SD. I have it if you need it but you need a fast card if you want to use it.

Guest achrich
I get this random lag also since moving to r9 - r7 worked no issues. All caches been cleaned - don`t see any relation to stock browser when looking at system panel info but will try not using it for a few days. Ba...first bad experience with these other wise excellent ROMS.

turns out related to stock browser - hammers CPU on certain URLS - so not sure if its a underlying issue with the browser/ROM/website - but it was fully wiped before upgrading. Haven`t got time to deep dive into it so trying out Leedroid, just for a change, and issue not replicated. I used other non stock browsers but find I prefer the simplicity of stock so had to move on !

I`ll keep a eye out for r10 !

Guest ShirazS
+2.

Don't want to be one of the ones constantly nagging, but do you have a rough idea when you will be turning your attention to this device again for an R10?

Same here, going to switch to a different ROM until r10 is released.

Guest alex_hk90
Same here, going to switch to a different ROM until r10 is released.

Out of interest, what does the ROM you're switching to before r10 is released have that r9 doesn't have?