07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest petermgates

I just got an ota update notification 2.29.405.2 supposedly for a market update but as it's 28MB I suspect there's more to it. Anyone know if it's safe to flash?

Guest amarzahn

i own a HTC Desire OLED

i started back in the days with r2

then updated to r6

already having problems with my system memory

since i flashed r10 i have 5mb left which renders my phone practicaly useless...

i just unselected a lot of options in the kitchen and hoped it would be slimmer then my old r6 which then had all the bells&whistles...

i never wipe my phone before flashes as i have no complete backup of my home screen setup

i only use sms & titanium backup

emails are all imap as well as contacts

my question is - how much does the r10 ROM really occupy and is there any use in swiping?

how much space do SMS take? should i erase them once in a while?

all my downloaded attachments should be already on SD as well as some, but due to functionality not all, apps...

any suggestions here how to get a convenient amount of system memory back???

thanks for your help!

@amarzahn: Use cache cleaner. This will recover some memory. Wipe data from youtube if you use it and google maps. Those two use a lot of memory. You can also clear browsers cache if you use it a lot.

Guest amarzahn

hey bpivk,

no use so far as all app cache is empty and most of the apps use SD as cache

i am just wonderung if the small memory of the HTC Desire is not useful for most state of the art high profile ROMs?

I am thinking about the HTC Desire HD

still mine is one of the few actualy having OLED...

best

daniel

can anyone tell how to calculate the required space of a MODACO ROM (r9 w/ SENSE in my case) w/ some options

Guest Kiran J. Holla
i own a HTC Desire OLED

i started back in the days with r2

then updated to r6

already having problems with my system memory

since i flashed r10 i have 5mb left which renders my phone practicaly useless...

i just unselected a lot of options in the kitchen and hoped it would be slimmer then my old r6 which then had all the bells&whistles...

i never wipe my phone before flashes as i have no complete backup of my home screen setup

i only use sms & titanium backup

emails are all imap as well as contacts

my question is - how much does the r10 ROM really occupy and is there any use in swiping?

5 MB is too low. If you flash a R10 after a full wipe, you should have around 138 - 140 MB Internal Storage remaining.

how much space do SMS take? should i erase them once in a while?

I have never found SMSes being an issue as far as space is concerned, but then I do keep trimming my SMSes quite regularly. In my experience, it is usually Apps that take up the space. However, even with A2SD enabled, your apps will store most of their data in Internal memory. Hence, it is possible that if one app takes too much space, it starts impacting your free space as a whole.

all my downloaded attachments should be already on SD as well as some, but due to functionality not all, apps...

any suggestions here how to get a convenient amount of system memory back???

thanks for your help!

I have the following points:

• Do you have A2SD+ as part of your ROM? A2SD+ helps move all apps and the dalvik-cache to the EXT Partition on your SD Card (if you have one) and helps save space on Internal Storage.
  • If you have a full backup with Titanium Backup, it might be well worth trying a full-wipe. You can always restore your apps and data using Titanium Backup.

Regards,

Kiran

Hi, bit of a noob here so please bear with me:

I have a HTC Desire, I used the Custom ROM in the online kitchen, followed all the instructions, and then it was left hanging on the O2 logo for over 20 mins (bricking?)

I managed to restore my phone using the ClockworkMod.

Do I need to look at the bricking thread? Tried looking at it but I didn't understand if it was relevant to me (nor how to do it)

Can someone explain to me where I have been going wrong and try the best you can to explain it to me simply ;)

Thanks

EDIT: Never mind, I tried it again after wiping my data and it worked

Edited by Guest

Guest ukracer
You would have setup a Google Account to use on your phone - that is the account that the Android Market uses to list the apps you have purchased.

Also, if you have setup multiple Google Accounts on your phone, Android Market will always use that Account which you setup first.

Regards,

Kiran

This would appear to be my problem when I reflashed with this ROM I added an email address that was not the one used for the market so i now need to find out how to change that address..............any ideas appreciated.

Guest Arty Marty
I just got an ota update notification 2.29.405.2 supposedly for a market update but as it's 28MB I suspect there's more to it. Anyone know if it's safe to flash?

Allways best NOT to install over the air updates, you might lose root. and that would suck big time.

As for the market update, android central has it

http://www.androidcentral.com/updated-andr...-central-forums

You will probably need to doiwnload the ZIP version, reboot to recovery mode, turn off vairification and install it from there.

Do a nandroid back up first - the chance of it going wrong are zero, but hey, better safe than sorry...

Guest amarzahn

HTC DESIRE with modaco rom r9

after upgrade (all settings&apps kept) i had just 5mb of system ram left

right now (system&cache swipe in recovery) i have just 74MB left

i think that should be far more -

how to just blow the whole thing away and do a clean install of modaco rom r9?

thanks for your support

Guest ukracer
This would appear to be my problem when I reflashed with this ROM I added an email address that was not the one used for the market so i now need to find out how to change that address..............any ideas appreciated.

Now I am in serious trouble.

I reset factory data as the market neeeded me to add my googlemail account and not a gmail one but now market crashes everytime I Load it.

Guest Kiran J. Holla
HTC DESIRE with modaco rom r9

after upgrade (all settings&apps kept) i had just 5mb of system ram left

right now (system&cache swipe in recovery) i have just 74MB left

i think that should be far more -

how to just blow the whole thing away and do a clean install of modaco rom r9?

thanks for your support

I would suggest the following:

1. Ensure that you have around 512 MB of EXT Space on your SD Card. You can partition your SD Card using ROM Manager.
  2. Do a minimal bake, but ensure that you include A2SD+ in your bake. Refer to this post to view what I consider a minimal bake.
  3. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Do a full Factory Reset
  5. Perform a Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache
  6. Flash the new ROM
  7. After the ROM Installs and the phone boots, immediately power it off and then boot it again
  8. Check your available memory - you should have somewhere in the range of 135 - 140 MB internal storage space (not system memory but internal storage)

Regards,

Kiran

Guest Kiran J. Holla
Now I am in serious trouble.

I reset factory data as the market neeeded me to add my googlemail account and not a gmail one but now market crashes everytime I Load it.

Can't see any reason for this. Did you flash the market app again by any chance? If it was working earlier, then there is no reason why it should suddenly stop working.

Can you retry after ensuring that you have a good Internet Connection?

Regards,

Kiran

Guest amarzahn
I would suggest the following:
  1. Ensure that you have around 512 MB of EXT Space on your SD Card. You can partition your SD Card using ROM Manager.
  2. Do a minimal bake, but ensure that you include A2SD+ in your bake. Refer to this post to view what I consider a minimal bake.
  3. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Do a full Factory Reset
  5. Perform a Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache
  6. Flash the new ROM
  7. After the ROM Installs and the phone boots, immediately power it off and then boot it again
  8. Check your available memory - you should have somewhere in the range of 135 - 140 MB internal storage space (not system memory but internal storage)
Regards,

Kiran

thanks for your support!

just did as you said and worked

even though I used

Win7 Minitool Partition Wizard

great community!

best

Guest Kiran J. Holla
thanks for your support!

just did as you said and worked

even though I used

Win7 Minitool Partition Wizard

great community!

best

Glad to be of some help ;)

Regards,

Kiran

Guest lovelymanmk

I tried to search for this here but haven't found any. I don't know if this a bug here or just a bug in version 2.10. The Google Talk shortcut in People show a an icon for phone and doesn't show the google talk icon. So in other words, there is no Google talk icon (shortcut) in people list. Totally appreciate your advise.

Guest amarzahn

after install of A2SD+ Modaco r9 from kitchen cpu tuner tells me the following:

ondemand: not working (min/max freq write failure)

performance: not working (min/max freq write failure)

suggests: flash a new kernel/ROM

reinstall won't do any good (r9 or cpu tuner)

experience lags and freezes with a lot of tasks

i kicked all cpu tweak options from the kitchen - no use

cpu tuner has root&superuser rights

thanks for your support

Guest mamcmac

Hi everyone..

When trying to apply r9-rom to my desire the following happened:

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5

-- Installing /sdcard/r9-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-signed.zip

Finding update package..

Opening update package..

Installing update..

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.

Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.

It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.

Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted

Wipe etc was successful,

SD with 512mb ext2

Any help?

Thank you

Guest ShirazS
Hi everyone..

When trying to apply r9-rom to my desire the following happened:

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5

-- Installing /sdcard/r9-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-signed.zip

Finding update package..

Opening update package..

Installing update..

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.

Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.

It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.

Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted

Wipe etc was successful,

SD with 512mb ext2

Any help?

Thank you

In ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5, Edify scripting support has been removed so you will not be able to install older ROMs built with Edify scripting. You need to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.8 or below OR use AmonRa Recovery.

Guest Benjamin120

I've a problem with the rom.

After some days, the phone will be very slowly. When i look to the autokiller i see, that there are only 22 mb ram free. So i have 2 problems

1.) Why don't let the phone much anough ram space free?

2.) why doesn't work the autokiller?

Edited by Benjamin120

Guest Benjamin120
I've a problem with the rom.

After some days, the phone will be very slowly. When i look to the autokiller i see, that there are only 22 mb ram free. So i have 2 problems

1.) Why don't let the phone much anough ram space free?

2.) why doesn't work the autokiller?

i don't need help anymore because i switched to CM7

Guest Antimon

hi i think im in serious trouble and wonder if u could help me. i did install the modaco rom r9 for my desire but when i try to start it this happends, first the htc logo comes then after a minut the screen gets black and a text that says android comes the nothing happends absolutly nothing...i have tried the power and volume down thing, the power and volume up, the power and both volume up and down, but nothing happends, i tried these thing when it was the android logo and when it was the android text... i have also tried to switch de sd card putting in another sd card but nothing happened...so is it something i can do? please help me, thank u..

hi i think im in serious trouble and wonder if u could help me. i did install the modaco rom r9 for my desire but when i try to start it this happends, first the htc logo comes then after a minut the screen gets black and a text that says android comes the nothing happends absolutly nothing...i have tried the power and volume down thing, the power and volume up, the power and both volume up and down, but nothing happends, i tried these thing when it was the android logo and when it was the android text... i have also tried to switch de sd card putting in another sd card but nothing happened...so is it something i can do? please help me, thank u..

Wait for 15 minutes (on the android logo) and the problem will solve itself. Or turn off the phone and then press volume and power.

Guest Antimon
Wait for 15 minutes (on the android logo) and the problem will solve itself. Or turn off the phone and then press volume and power.

IT WORKED! thank u very much i got worried there, big thanks again! :P