07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jamstah

I installed the r9 from this thread, using the defaults, and its great. Its a welcome addition to the standard sense rom.

I've been tweaking it a little, and one of things I would like to do, is add in the Google contacts app, without needing to reinstall the mod. I added the Contacts.apk from the r24 to the /system/app, but it doesn't work. From Launcher2 it says "Application is not installed on your phone" and it doesn't appear in the apps list.

The launcher itself, which I put in /system/app in the same way, works fine.

logcat says "Unable to find explicit activity class {com.android.contacts/.ContactsLaunchActivity}

Is there something else I need to make the contacts work?

Guest Martin__S

I've been using this rom for a while now but have never been able to stop the occasional reboot crashes.

They only happen on 3g, never wifi.

Always when retrieving data such as browsing using standard browser app, loading an article in Pulse app or engadget app.

When it reboots it does a full boot, the phone will restart to the launcher often with no sim connection then auto reboot again.

This will continue until i remove battery, boot into recovery and clear dalvik cache. After that it's usually 2 further reboots, once without a sim signal, but not auto reboot, but needing a manual reboot and everything will be back to normal.

Running radio version 11.05.27

Any suggestions, apart from this the phone is stable.

Guest OpusX11

I've been running r9 for over a month now and it is insanely stable. Not once have I ever encountered a device reboot or crash like you mention below. I did use pulse briefly without a problem/crash, but uninstalled in favour of newsrob for better google reader synching, but I would suspect your radio version first. My radio version is: 32.47.00.32U_5.10.05.23

I've been using this rom for a while now but have never been able to stop the occasional reboot crashes.

They only happen on 3g, never wifi.

Always when retrieving data such as browsing using standard browser app, loading an article in Pulse app or engadget app.

When it reboots it does a full boot, the phone will restart to the launcher often with no sim connection then auto reboot again.

This will continue until i remove battery, boot into recovery and clear dalvik cache. After that it's usually 2 further reboots, once without a sim signal, but not auto reboot, but needing a manual reboot and everything will be back to normal.

Running radio version 11.05.27

Any suggestions, apart from this the phone is stable.

Guest Martin__S

I've updated radio to 14.05.17 which i believe is latest available. I'll see how it goes and try your recommended. 23 if this doesn't resolve the issue. Thanks.

Guest amarzahn
Read this:

well, guess how i came up with the topic in the first place...

but i figure i screw my MDC ROM even better by just applying this patch

and seriously - I have been reading how to dissasemble/assemble boot.img and modifying init.rc that I really don't want to do this...

just wondered if no one else has this problem just accepting the r9 as it is - - - i have a couple bugs here with the r9 and think they are not only but also related to the management of the android OS:

when connecting USB through MODACO r9:

read: 2.541 MB/s

write: 0.375 MB/s

when connecting USB through ClockWorkMod recovery:

read: 12.90 MB/s

write: 4.590 MB/s

when connecting directly through PC SDHC Card Slot:

read: 10.57 MB/s

write: 7.666 MB/s

thanks for your support!

Guest nihaopaul

romraid corrupting downloads? done this several times now:

MD5 (r9-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-signed.zip) = 321d6fd6a0e29f016fb7b263cbfab3a8

Guest Kiran J. Holla
romraid corrupting downloads? done this several times now:

MD5 (r9-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-signed.zip) = 321d6fd6a0e29f016fb7b263cbfab3a8

Not sure what the problem that you are referring to is.

I have downloaded multiple ROMs and the MD5 usually checks out fine.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest EernstJ

Hello,

I previously used R8 and it worked ok. Now with the standard R9 with A2SD it is not working very good.

The telephone memory is low, only 15MB. I tried to reinstall after a full wipe. It did not do the trick.

It is not possible to store Internet pages because the system returns with a low internal mem. Also I need to manually sync to free memory. Much incoming mail will generate a low mem...

Is this rom a bit to much for tis phone?

Thanks.

p.s. I consider to become a member so i will be able to use the kitchen. I am a bit worried about all the possibilities. What should i choose to free more internal mem and have the functionality i like? I know this is personal but I am not shure about what choices to make, it's a bit much in this candy store so to say.

The only possible thing if you don't have enough internal memory is:

- Your a2sd is not working

- You have too many apps

A fresh wipe should leave you with at least 100mb of free internal memory.

Not sure what the problem that you are referring to is.

I have downloaded multiple ROMs and the MD5 usually checks out fine.

Regards,

Kiran

Im getting the 321d6fd6a0e29f016fb7b263cbfab3a8 checksum too.

Also, won't boot after flashing..

Did you wipe your phone when you flashed?

Of course :D

I've been using android for over a year + I'm a developer (I know what I am doing)

Im just saying that the MD5 sum doesn't match after downloading.

Of course :D

I've been using android for over a year + I'm a developer (I know what I am doing)

Im just saying that the MD5 sum doesn't match after downloading.

You should see how many posts we see from people that don't wipe the phone.

If MD5 sums don't match than that's the problem. Did you try using another browser? Because it worked fine for me the last time I've tried it.

Edited by bpivk

You should see how many posts we see from people that don't wipe the phone.

If MD5 sums don't match than that's the problem. Did you try using another browser? Because it worked fine for me the last time I've tried it.

I tried different computers and connections.

But as you can see, I get the same MD5 as the guy posting above.

I have checked the second link and I get a different MD5 checksum: 89DCF9A15108262B2B3282C0DCAEE736

I guess he either changed something and didn't update the MD5 value or the download are corrupted. I haven't tested the rom though so it could work fine.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fudgeboy

Paul,

Thanks for Fr11!

I noticed that A2SD+ is now described as "old-style". What is "new-style"? Are you thinking of Link2SD as the preferred method now?

(I have to say, I much prefer A2SD+: it doesn't screw up every time I update something, and I can't see any reason not to move everything to the SD card anyway, unless you're in the habit of removing the card while the phone's still running.)

James

Guest RogerMellie

Thanks for this Paul but I won't be trying it as there are more advanced ROMs available on xda-developers.

Good luck with coming up with something a bit more current/interesting in the future.

Edited by RogerMellie

Guest Albert Poon
Fr11 kitchen up, prebakes online soon!

P

Bugs:

- Rom Manager, Titanium Backup are not there even selected.

- Good old APN gone again.

- The "Smooth" framework is gone too, intended?

Edited by Albert Poon