07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 10.5 Tog

Feature Request...

Allow the jailbreak module that has been ported to the HTC Desire to work with your Modaco ROM :P (It currently only works with OpenDesire 4.0.4 apparently)

http://myhtcdesire.com/tutorials/how-to-ru...re-ps-jailbreak

It's to allow homebrew\unsigned code on the PS3, a contraversial subject but I'm only requesting that software that has already been coded be made compatible with your ROM.

Thanx

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Update of Google maps failed. Will try again later.

mine wont update either... today HTC release a new update for desire... just got the warning :P

Guest inigoml
I have 4 Gmail accounts, all syncing fine on MCR8. However, it did take a couple of days for the secondary account sync to "kick in".

It's a Froyo problem that affects several HTC Sense based ROMs. R8 and R9 also.

But it doesn't happen always. Sometimes synced. Sometimes not synced. There are a lot of mails about how to fix this problem, but it works for only some people. It's a quite strange bug.

You are lucky if you have no problems with 4 Gmail accounts. I only have two (gmail and google apps) and second one usually don't get synced... but sometimes yes.

What would be the chances of getting some more launcher options in the kitchen? I'm thinking LPP and ADW, specifically.

edit: I know we can just install them from the Market but it would be nice to be able to have them installed to system/

Also : Paul, you say you will be fixing the Google Maps not updating issue tomorrow; I'd be interested to know what the root cause of this issue is?

Edited by chipyy

Updated Google Maps / Search and OTA notification fix tomorrow!

P

Thanks Paul - great stuff! Reading the Google forums it seems as if the OTA update has been successful in solving the mail sync issue so I look forward to seeing that.

an example from the Goog forum:

"The most recent HTC Desire system update seems to fix my email woes. good luck to everyone else. Software No. 2.10.405.2"

Hi

Can someone please tell me what these errors mean. I'm using r9, and if its serious how can i fix it.

thanks.

Grobie

post-734672-1284086526_thumb.png

[EDIT]: I think the error (202) E/Tethering and E/lights is for USB Tethering! But error (2686) still remains unknown.

)

Edited by Grobie

Guest Kiran J. Holla
r9 kitchen updated to latest Google Maps, Google Quick Search Box and Flash Player.

P

Paul, the Kitchen still says 4.4.0?

Also, any chance of including the undervolt and CFQ Schedulers from this thread?

Regards,

Kiran

Guest damiensmith212
Feature Request...

Allow the jailbreak module that has been ported to the HTC Desire to work with your Modaco ROM :P (It currently only works with OpenDesire 4.0.4 apparently)

http://myhtcdesire.com/tutorials/how-to-ru...re-ps-jailbreak

It's to allow homebrew\unsigned code on the PS3, a contraversial subject but I'm only requesting that software that has already been coded be made compatible with your ROM.

Thanx

If you could include the necessary changes for this I'll love you long time :)

If not I'll have to do the nandroid backup shuffle back and forth and that's just a pain...