Streak_111_6267_00.pkg

Guest geek78

Easy, launch update when you get "FOTA error" message remove quickly your battery. And on your SD card you got Update.pkg.dec open it with winrar and that it :P

Upload my Update.pkg.dec (6267 00)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IU4OYAYQ

Really good ! No recovery.img inside but maybe we can use the install-recovery.sh with the recovery-from-boot.p that are inside and so patch the recovery after having flashed the O2 rom or the custum rom.

Maybe I will try tomorrow to :

- flash a custom recovery

- flash the last MCR

- copy /recovery/* from your zip to /system/ in my streak

- run the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh in my streak

Edited by geek78

Guest Mirrdhyn

It is a great news.

To understand that you will do tomorrow, could you explain me how to flash the custom recovery and the rest of your test ?

Thank you very much for your great work and good luck tomorrow for the strike (vive les grèves /ironie inside)

Well, don't know if i will have time today, maybe this night ...

From the zip from clus3r you can

copy install-recovery.sh to /etc

copy install-recovery.sh to /system/etc

copy applypatch to /system/bin

copy recovery-from-boot.p to /system

then

download this update to the root of your sd card http://mobileupdate.dell.com/LatestBuild/S...111_6267_00.pkg

rename the update to Update.pkg

execute /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

reboot in recovery

apply the official update

off course you must be root and system must be rw :P

Guest Mirrdhyn

Ok, I will test that maybe today or this night too :P

But, I am wondering if it possible to build a recovery.img directly from these files.

What do you mean about that ?

Because, I think that is less difficult to send a recovery.img file via fastboot.

Thank you very much for your help :)

Uhm, this procedure will build a recovery img - on the device. All it takes to extract it to a file is to dump it afterwards.

To build it on a PC you'd need an ARM toolchain, you'd have to be able to decrypt the pkg file inside that and you'd need some virtual target image to mimick the Streak flash memory.

Good luck with that :P

Edited by JFDee

Well this is what i have done :

- flash the clockwork recovery

- reboot

- execute /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

- reboot in recovery mode

- update with the offical 6267 build for 00 devices

and i have again my original streak :P

here is a zip to unzip on the root of the streak (must be root and system in rw)

recovery6767_00.zip

Guest Clust3r
# sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

failed to initialize read of mtd partition "recovery"

file "MTD:recovery:2048:e8461bd67c52a8df6c69c5a0158a5e4610ba27b5" doesn't have a

ny of expected sha1 sums; checking cache

failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory

failed to load cache file

LoadMTDContents called with bad filename (MTD:recovery)

failed to initialize read of mtd partition "recovery"

failed to initialize read of mtd partition "boot"

source file is bad; trying copy

failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory

failed to read copy file

I think i have forgot somethink...

Guest Clust3r

Well, y es i'm root i do the su, for sure look i got "#" and not "$" @ first caracter.

Well, reinstall 2.1 from scratch, try with adb shell or root explorer and still getting the same message. I'll waiting some return from other ppl.

Guest Mirrdhyn

I am trying to copy the files in the correct path on / but my terminal says that 'cp' doesn't exist.

I have a rooted streak on 2.1 but the terminal hasn't got basic commands, I have just 'ls' or 'pwd' :P

When I use 'explorer' or an other application to do that, the application shows me an error windows : 'we cannot copy this file'.

But before, it prompts me to give a root access on.

As lufc, could you explain us how to copy these file on the root filesystem ?

Thank you very much again for your help.

Well, y es i'm root i do the su, for sure look i got "#" and not "$" @ first caracter.

Well, reinstall 2.1 from scratch, try with adb shell or root explorer and still getting the same message. I'll waiting some return from other ppl.

Maybe this is due to your boot. My boot is the original and if i look on the script install-recovery.sh, it seems that the script read the boot and use the content of the boot to flash the recovery. I don't know if we can flash only the boot or not. if yes maybe before the script you need to flash the boot from the 6267 build ...

EDIT : if we can't flash only the boot there is another way : a custom build we the boot from the 6267 build.

Edited by geek78

Guest Mirrdhyn

su

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system && cp /sdcard/recovery6767_00/system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh && cp /sdcard/recovery6767_00/etc/install-recovery.sh /etc/install-recovery.sh cp /sdcard/recovery6767_00/system/bin/applypatch /system/bin/applypatch && cp /sdcard/recovery6767_00/system/recovery-from-boot.p /system/recovery-from-boot.p && mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

exit

If I do that on my 'streak' terminal, I am right ?

Edited by Mirrdhyn

su

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system && rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh && mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

exit

If I do that on my 'streak' terminal, I am right ?

where have you read this on this thread ?? You have to do this after flashing a 2.1 custom build to avoid to flash the stock recovery instead the clockwork recovery...

Maybe this work : mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

The easy way is to use root explorer

Guest Mirrdhyn

Ok, but how to mount the /system and /etc in rw mode ?

Is the 'mount' command could be right to change the right on these partition ?

The previous command to mount /system in rw works fine :P

Edited by Mirrdhyn

Guest Mirrdhyn

I have copied all files in the correct path and after I execute the command in my 'streak' terminal in root : /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

But, I have the same error of Clust3r.

sorry for all of you but I don't have more time to do a real step by step.

It seems that we need the zip I have attached on my previous post and the boot from the 6267 build flashed on the streak. So you have to

root your streak with universal androot (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=750085)

download the official 6267 build at the root of your SD Card and rename it Update.pkg (http://mobileupdate.dell.com/LatestBuild/Streak_111_6267_00.pkg)

install root explorer from the market

choose "Mount RW" in Root Explorer for the folder /

unzip my zip at the root of the streak with Root Explorer

put the streak in fastboot mode

flash the boot from the 6267 build (see the zip from clust3r few post before) with fastboot -i 0x413c flash boot boot.img (boot.img must be in same older of fastboot)

reboot with fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

with root explorer choose "Mount RW" in Root Explorer for the folder /

with root explorer execute /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

if you have an error with the script try anyway to flash the official update in bootloader mode

Guest Mirrdhyn

After fastboot -i 0x413c reboot, I have a 'dell' logo on boot but my 'streak' doesn't boot apparently (10 minutes actually).

What time takes the 'first' boot for you ?

After fastboot -i 0x413c reboot, I have a 'dell' logo on boot but my 'streak' doesn't boot apparently (10 minutes actually).

What time takes the 'first' boot for you ?

Can you use adb ?

If yes try to go to shell throw adb :

adb shell

su

/system/etc/install-recovery.sh

if you can't : take the baterry, start in bootloader mode and try to update with update.pkg from 6267 build

if you can't : take the battery, start in bootloader mode and try to update with your build (update.pkg from O2 ?)

Guest Mirrdhyn

With adb, I have this error :

./adb-mac shell

error: device not found

But, fastboot works correctly.

I have tested to try update with update.pkg from 6267 build it doesn' work because my baseband is 21 again.

I have not an other update.pkg now, but I can download it from this website.

I have make a mistake somewhere, but I don't know where :P

I get all the rest i just dont get where you have to unzip your zip to is it to the folder called root and do you leave it named recovery6767_00 or do you have to have the two folder inside recovery6767_00 in the folder called root or does it have to unziped to the system folder thanks