03/Sep r2 (8105) WIP - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Dell Streak (Android 2.1) Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest madmax85812

hi all, i hav a lil problem. i am unable to flash any update.pkg files from the recovery. hence i am unable to change my baseband to wats mentioned in the first post as i cant flash 8105 official, or nethng else for that matter. is there a way still to go to pauls r2 without using any update.pkg's, or to update my baseband. i've been trying to flash the r2 direct via clockwrk, but doesnt seem to work. hangs at boot screen. sumbody help pls. m sick of this 'donut' in my hands. thanks in advance.

Guest parks387
hi all, i hav a lil problem. i am unable to flash any update.pkg files from the recovery. hence i am unable to change my baseband to wats mentioned in the first post as i cant flash 8105 official, or nethng else for that matter. is there a way still to go to pauls r2 without using any update.pkg's, or to update my baseband. i've been trying to flash the r2 direct via clockwrk, but doesnt seem to work. hangs at boot screen. sumbody help pls. m sick of this 'donut' in my hands. thanks in advance.

How long are you waiting at boot screen before determining it didn't work? I thought I had the same issue but realized it just takes a little longer to boot than what it was like with 1.6 and 2.1

Guest parks387
25-30 mins atleast, 3-4 times over. :-(

hmm...shouldnt take THAT long! Mine took about 2-3 minutes. I thought I bricked my Streak when trying to update to r2. I still cant get into recovery boot either. dont get why..

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

Can i install this rom all from the comfort of my arm chair? Mac has packed up. Tried numereous things but cant get it working. Help me please?

Thanks muchly

hmmm, It seems Paul has moved to other phones for a while............I hope we get some more good stuff here!!

mmm paul where are you we need you metey we want more juice from our rom feed me feed me now.

Guest digthemlows
mmm paul where are you we need you metey we want more juice from our rom feed me feed me now.

He doesn't list a Dell Streak in his devices anymore?? Paul, did you give up?

Hi,

after some days of standard use I will install this ROM...

Is is compatible with Dell PC Suite?

Can I change the font size in email and message section with 2.1 version?

thank a lot

I explain my situation:

My device is SIM free, from UK, but not O2. No brand on the box or starting pictures....

My ROM is 1.6 b4399

I installed Universal AndRoot

After ROM Manager (free edition).

ClockworkMod Recovery is 2.5.0.1

If I want to install a zipped ROM (2.1 Modaco), ROM Manager starts but after selecting backup and clean cache....

the device restart without change...

How can I flash the 2.1?

Note: the zipped ROM is inside my microSD, in root folder and the name is the same of the download from this Forum...

Thanks for your help.

Edited by fcasoli

Probably silly question but is the ROM produced here viable for the US ATT version? I finally got rid of my flashing lights and back to stock but unsure if I should use it... Also guess I need the older recovery since my Streak doesnt respond to the latest recovery version.

Thanks

hello!

may i ask a (maybe) dump question: after i download the r2 custom rom from paul i just rename the zip to update.zip and than can flash it over?

thanks a lot in advance :lol:

hello!

may i ask a (maybe) dump question: after i download the r2 custom rom from paul i just rename the zip to update.zip and than can flash it over?

thanks a lot in advance :lol:

You dont even need to rename itt just flash it

Please help me,

I have not patience with my device...

I cannot go to Fastboot, the reason is I cannot find drivers in manual mode, so I installed driver on my PC from Android SDK, I cannot find again...

The different way using ROM Manager is not a solution, ROM Manager starts but after selecting backup and clean cache.... and the zipped rom in microSD,

the device restart without change... anything...

The game stops if I cannot flash a new ROM.

thanks

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
Please help me,

I have not patience with my device...

I cannot go to Fastboot, the reason is I cannot find drivers in manual mode, so I installed driver on my PC from Android SDK, I cannot find again...

The different way using ROM Manager is not a solution, ROM Manager starts but after selecting backup and clean cache.... and the zipped rom in microSD,

the device restart without change... anything...

The game stops if I cannot flash a new ROM.

thanks

Alright fcasoli. I had problems flashing pauls ROM too but I managed it the other night. All the info is already in this thread, posted mainly by Fards, so i take no credit. The first thing to do is to make sure you have all the tools. So you will need

Universal androot - don't think its in the market so search on Google.

root explorer - search the market. Very good app, buy it

terminal emulator - in the market again

Busybox - not sure if you strictly needed but I did and it works.

Use universal android to root device

Use root explorer to delete the following file

/system/etc/install-recovery.sh - before you can delete it you need to press the 'mount r/w' button at the top of the screen

Download the recovery image using your browser. The only one that worked for me was from this link

http://goaruna.com/c6cg

Once that is done open up terminal emulator and enter the following

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/download/recovery.alt.img

reboot

Your phone will now reboot so hold down both volume buttons until you get to a menu. Select the second option and you should enter the recovery.

If it goes wrong I probably won't be able to help so be warned

Edited by 80sLoveCHILD

Alright fcasoli. I had problems flashing pauls ROM too but I managed it the other night. All the info is already in this thread, posted mainly by Fards, soil take no credit. The first thing to do is to make sure you have all the tools. So you will need

Universal androot - don't think its in the market so search on Google.

root explorer - search the market. Very good app, buy it

terminal emulator - in the market again

Busybox - not sure if you strictly needed but I did and it works.

Use universal android to root device

Use root explorer to delete the following file

/system/etc/install-recovery.sh - before you can delete it you need to press the 'mount r/w' button at the top of the screen

Download the recovery image using your browser. The only one that worked for me was from this link -

http://goaruna.com/c6ac

Once that is done open up terminal emulator and enter the following

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/download/recovery.alt.ing

reboot

Your phone will now reboot so hold down both volume buttons until you get to a menu. Select the second option and you should enter the recovery.

If it goes wrong I probably won't be able to help so be warned

you got a typo.. recovery.alt.img not .ing :lol: