03/Sep r2 (8105) WIP - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Dell Streak (Android 2.1) Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Alright fcasoli. I had problems flashing pauls ROM too but I managed it the other night. All the info is already in this thread, posted mainly by Fards, so i take no credit. The first thing to do is to make sure you have all the tools. So you will need

Universal androot - don't think its in the market so search on Google.

root explorer - search the market. Very good app, buy it

terminal emulator - in the market again

Busybox - not sure if you strictly needed but I did and it works.

Use universal android to root device

Use root explorer to delete the following file

/system/etc/install-recovery.sh - before you can delete it you need to press the 'mount r/w' button at the top of the screen

Download the recovery image using your browser. The only one that worked for me was from this link -

http://goaruna.com/c6ac

Once that is done open up terminal emulator and enter the following

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/download/recovery.alt.img

reboot

Your phone will now reboot so hold down both volume buttons until you get to a menu. Select the second option and you should enter the recovery.

If it goes wrong I probably won't be able to help so be warned

Hi, I'm at the final step, but my rom is not in .pkg format, I have Modaco 2.1 .zip...

what I have to do?

thanks

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
Hi, I'm at the final step, but my rom is not in .pkg format, I have Modaco 2.1 .zip...

what I have to do?

thanks

Have you rebooted with the volume buttons pressed. what happeed

Edited by 80sLoveCHILD

Have you rebooted with the volume buttons pressed. what happeed

I installed update.pgk (stock O2 2.1) in SD, after Reboot I select 2nd option but the device is power on but dark screen, I have to waith some time?

after that I hope I can install Modaco.zip from ROM Manager...

Is it possible?

thanks

I installed update.pgk (stock O2 2.1) in SD, after Reboot I select 2nd option but the device is power on but dark screen, I have to waith some time?

after that I hope I can install Modaco.zip from ROM Manager...

Is it possible?

thanks

after half hour I remowed the battery and restart, I have 1,6 again!

I hope someone wants to buy my Streak :lol:

Load terminal emulator again and tyle these.

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/download/recovery.alt.zip

reboot

I made a mistake before. If it works properly the scren shouldn,t stay black for long afterselecting option two from the menu that appears on reboot. You install pauls ROM from there. No need for rom manager.

Remember to keep the volume buttons pressed during reboot. Let me know how itgoes

Sorry but for me is very hard to understand this OS,

so, at the momenti I reboot without emulator, the screen is blackbut with low light rear...

The update.pgk is not Modaco but stock 2.1...

But it coul be nice if after I will install Modaco, the problem is I think the Stock O2 doesn't work because there is a lot of time my screen is black...

After 20 min I think the installation could be complete...

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

When I upladed my file earlier I did the wrong one. This is the correct one. If this doesn't work I cannot hekp but please just try this.

Download http://goaruna.com/c6cg using dolphin browser on streak

Then in terminal emulator enter these

Su

reboot

Press both volume buttons during reboot

Select option 2 from the menu.

On the next menu there in an option to update from zip on sdcard. Do this and chose the custom rom

Edited by 80sLoveCHILD

When I upladed my file earlier I did the wrong one. This is the correct one. If this doesn't work I cannot hekp but please just try this.

Download http://goaruna.com/c6cg using dolphin browser on streak

Then in terminal emulator enter these

Su

reboot

Press both volume buttons during reboot

Select option 2 from the menu.

On the next menu there in an option to update from zip on sdcard. Do this and chose the custom rom

black screen!

I do not find next menu, 1 to 4 only, but I have update.pgk, but doesn' work...

No solution

It is not a phone, it is not a tablet, I cannot upgrade, I think it is not my device, for the second time this year, I'm not ready fotìr this Operative System, I cannot find reason...

Edited by fcasoli

Guest 323spoon

I just bought modaco ad free to get access to the streak kitchen and ive cooked a rom but when i try and boot it it gets past the dell logo and onto the dell/modaco splash screen and thats as far as it gets. Everynow and then the splash will flash off and back on and the buttons flash every now and then. Im coming from 2.1 6941 using Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1. Anyone have any idea what it might be?

Guest 323spoon

cancel that last post. i went into the dell recovery and did a factory reset and its now booted. :) going to 6941 though because i dont like the resolution on this one and it buttons keep flashing. Hopefully its not too long before we get 2.2 anyway

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
No updates paul?

Any chance we will get a kitchen with 2.2 now that O2 version of ROM is out.

I really liked the way we coild pick and choose the apps we wanted in our ROMS for 2.1

please please Paul?