speed boost and battery boost as well

Guest fards

Is there a way that we can

A) Get this pinned as it seems a fairly important topic that everyone will want to read, and

:lol: Keep the first post in the topic up-to-date with the 'latest' set of commands (not sure if you're doing that already Fards).

Ant

Paul any chance to impliment this in your next release R3

Guest radddogg
Why are you trying something that no more than 5 posts above you states it doesn't work.

The streak doesn't do adb remount

Because your instructions in the OP implicitly state to do so! If the streak doesn't do remount then what command should be put there? Try posting instructions without errors and maybe noobs can follow them without asking noob questions. Just stating 'streak doesn't do adb remount' isn't really helpful is it?

andycqos - Thanks for trying to help. I tried the space after the comma and putting the device id before /system but still getting errors.

mount -o remount, rw 1234567890 /system

Guest parks387
Because your instructions in the OP implicitly state to do so! If the streak doesn't do remount then what command should be put there? Try posting instructions without errors and maybe noobs can follow them without asking noob questions. Just stating 'streak doesn't do adb remount' isn't really helpful is it?

andycqos - Thanks for trying to help. I tried the space after the comma and putting the device id before /system but still getting errors.

mount -o remount, rw 1234567890 /system

make sure you type in su first. then at the # you type in mount -o remount, rw ........

Guest popetodd

Like I said, the comma is not needed.

And that number string isn't going to do anything but make it error out.

Try:

su (then press enter)

mount -o remount rw /system (then press enter)

from a terminal on the Streak itself.

You MUST root your Streak to do this, mount is a root only command!

When you are done do:

su

mount -o remount r /system

to make it read only again.

Or you could just install Root Explorer and use the little button at the top of the screen, much easier for a Unix newbie in the long run.

EDIT: Sorry, you CAN use a comma separated list after remount, but YOU aren't going to be doing that so don't bother with it.

If you are confused Google 'man mount'.

Edited by popetodd

the streak does mount -o remount and mount -o remount,rw (copied and pasted off the page I linked to)

maybe its something in adb that ignores it? who knows.

it doesn't do adb remount which is what I thought you'd posted.

I misread your screenshot while trying to read it on the streak, sorry about that.

1st post updated, if it makes no sense let me know :lol:

Edited by fards

Guest radddogg
the streak does mount -o remount and mount -o remount,rw (copied and pasted off the page I linked to)

maybe its something in adb that ignores it? who knows.

it doesn't do adb remount which is what I thought you'd posted.

I misread your screenshot while trying to read it on the streak, sorry about that.

1st post updated, if it makes no sense let me know :lol:

Thanks and sorry if I was snappy earlier. I did it in terminal and it worked perfectly. My problem was that I though it had to be done via adb.

I do have one question though, where do I enter the tweak codes?

Thanks and sorry if I was snappy earlier. I did it in terminal and it worked perfectly. My problem was that I though it had to be done via adb.

I do have one question though, where do I enter the tweak codes?

Which codes?

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
Which codes?

net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time = 900

net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_probes = 5

net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_intvl = 156

Was gonna ask this myself.

Not getting your quadrant figures. I'm gettin about 750

You can enter them using the same system you did the others, look at the echo command lines in the original post and change the relevant bits.

Alternatively, use a text editor (such as the one in root explorer) to edit /etc/sysctl.conf

The echo command is pretty standard Linux command,

What the line does is print the content of whats inside the section bounded by the ' '

the >> bit is like a redirect on the road in this case it sends the output to the file sysctl.config in the etc folder

Edited by fards

Guest andycqos
Like I said, the comma is not needed.

And that number string isn't going to do anything but make it error out.

Try:

su (then press enter)

mount -o remount rw /system (then press enter)

from a terminal on the Streak itself.

You MUST root your Streak to do this, mount is a root only command!

When you are done do:

su

mount -o remount r /system

to make it read only again.

Or you could just install Root Explorer and use the little button at the top of the screen, much easier for a Unix newbie in the long run.

EDIT: Sorry, you CAN use a comma separated list after remount, but YOU aren't going to be doing that so don't bother with it.

If you are confused Google 'man mount'.

Didnt error out on mine. As I said, if you look at the usage error its telling you to put the device number in.

You can enter them using the same system you did the others, look at the echo command lines in the original post and change the relevant bits.

Alternatively, use a text editor (such as the one in root explorer) to edit /etc/sysctl.conf

What the line does is print the content of whats inside the section bounded by the ' '

the >> bit is like a redirect on the road in this case it sends the output to the file sysctl.config in the etc folder

Presumably, I can use the text editor to delete the extra lines in mine?

Didnt error out on mine. As I said, if you look at the usage error its telling you to put the device number in.

Presumably, I can use the text editor to delete the extra lines in mine?

yup

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

Thanks fards. I learnt a terminal command and had fun! Yippee

Edited by 80sLoveCHILD

Guest clickspace

After having no experience with anything in this topic, I managed (i think) to get it all done. When I first tried it, I followed the instructions on the OP and the mount -o remount with the comma didnt work. I would suggest changing them. Other than that it all seemed to go smoothly.

I thank everyone on the 6 pages for their help :lol:

Guest sonlazio

Please help. I follow your instruction and stuck at installing Busybox. i download it from Market, when tried to open this app to install, Busybox said that my Streak failed because it havent "nand unlocked or unable to remount" as you can see below.

Please advice what should i do to unlock nand. I use the 2.1 Modaco rom, which is root already. I also try to root again by using Universal Androot.

Thanks you very much.

138094c9b093a692c8_device.png

138094c9b09329f62d_device_5.png

Guest spences10
Please help. I follow your instruction and stuck at installing Busybox. i download it from Market, when tried to open this app to install, Busybox said that my Streak failed because it havent "nand unlocked or unable to remount" as you can see below.

Please advice what should i do to unlock nand. I use the 2.1 Modaco rom, which is root already. I also try to root again by using Universal Androot.

Thanks you very much.

138094c9b093a692c8_device.png

138094c9b09329f62d_device_5.png

The MoDaCo ROM comes with BusyBox installed already, there is no need to install it again :lol:

[EDIT] It says in the status (on the pic) that there is more than one version of BusyBox installed

Edited by spences10

Guest sonlazio
The MoDaCo ROM comes with BusyBox installed already, there is no need to install it again :lol:

[EDIT] It says in the status (on the pic) that there is more than one version of BusyBox installed

Thanks you for your answer:)

But i also have some problems, i have used terminal on the Streak, this is how i did:

First, i do everything follow the instruction until this command:

# sysctl -p

kernel.sched_latency_ns = 6000000

kernel.sched_min_granularity_ns = 2000000

kernel.sched_features = 24188

If i type all of the command, there is a error like this:

138094c9b1fb034f3b_hinh_scan.jpg

If i type only # sysctl -p , there are several lines appear:

138094c9b1fa63204f_hinh_scan_(2).jpg

After type sysctl -p and press enter, i also type exit as instructed.

138094c9b1faa96203_hinh_scan_(3).jpg

I can still put sysctl -p on run_autorun_test.sh using Root Explorer. This image show all the content of my run_autorun_test.sh file.

138094c9b1fad5e76b_hinh_scan_(4).jpg

I wonder if i do it right or wrong? Thanks you very much.

Thats absolutely nothing to do with busybox or anything else.

it's pure *user* interface error..

did I really tell you to type this?

sysctl -p kernel.sched_latency_ns = 6000000 kernel.sched_min_granularity_ns = 2000000 kernel.sched_features = 24188
I said
 sysctl -p

which will give you the three lines of code as a readout...

Edited by fards

Guest sonlazio
Thats absolutely nothing to do with busybox or anything else.

it's pure *user* interface error..

did I really tell you to type this?

sysctl -p kernel.sched_latency_ns = 6000000 kernel.sched_min_granularity_ns = 2000000 kernel.sched_features = 24188
I said
 sysctl -p

which will give you the three lines of code as a readout...

Sorry, my bad:( Im not familiar with something like this.

Anyway,my screen doesnt show 3 lines, there are a lot of line as you can see below, does it normal or not?

138094c9b1fa63204f_hinh_scan_(2).jpg

Thanks you for your support.

Guest spences10

You need to locate the sysctl.conf file here /system/ect/sysctl.conf

If you havent got RootExplorer I'd suggest getting it from the market, if you dont want to do that use the push/pull adb commands pull the file from the location mentioned. open the file up it will contain all the text in your sscreen shots.

Remove the text and replace it with the lines mentione:

Push the file back to where you got it from, once you have done this there is no need to do any more 'echo' commands as the values have been updated

Or if you have RootExplorer navigate the the file and edit it directly.

Guest sonlazio
You need to locate the sysctl.conf file here /system/ect/sysctl.conf

If you havent got RootExplorer I'd suggest getting it from the market, if you dont want to do that use the push/pull adb commands pull the file from the location mentioned. open the file up it will contain all the text in your sscreen shots.

Remove the text and replace it with the lines mentione:

Push the file back to where you got it from, once you have done this there is no need to do any more 'echo' commands as the values have been updated

Or if you have RootExplorer navigate the the file and edit it directly.

Thank you very very much, i tried both adb and terminal method but both fail with the same error as described in previous post, now it work with this instruction. i will bookmark this for later use:)

Thank you again.

Guest Leon_Citron
there isn't one in any of the roms, we're setting it up

I'm trying to setup this, I've created the files, put it at the good places in the streak, but when I type in 'sysctl -p' I have sysctl not found..

Did something wrong ?

Thanks