[LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest akira.pwr
Nah, it's for rooting :P

boot to bootloader: adb reboot bootloader

then: fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot BOOT.IMG

I have flashed from andrew tool, it's simply, thanks anyway.

Guest HustlinDaily
It has multitouch; however, it's the standard crappy Acer driver with frequent point inversion and wonky sensitivity.

I'm planning on creating a little "essentials" update.zip containing the apps that are custom on almost all community ROMs (ie. Titanium Backup, Updated Google Apps, etc.), but aren't included with the official ROM, as well as BusyBox.

Will this update.zip root the device? Not too comfortable flashing superboot. Too many horror stories.

Guest Quipeace

Well, I've been playing around with it, but I still prefer FRF91 or Cyanogenmod over acer's work. It just feels alot smoother. However, if you don't want to get into custom roms this is a great option.

I just finished pulling /system, lets see if libcamera is going to work with CM6. Update: Does not work :P

EDIT: lightsensor is working as well (in the stock rom), I hope acer is releasing some of the sources in the near future :)

EDIT: FYI, CM6 runs fine on top of this bin.

RE-EDIT: lights.qsd8k.so does work with CM6, so leds work as they're supposed to.

Edited by Quipeace

Guest HustlinDaily
Well, I've been playing around with it, but I still prefer FRF91 or Cyanogenmod over acer's work. It just feels alot smoother. However, if you don't want to get into custom roms this is a great option.

I just finished pulling /system, lets see if libcamera is going to work with CM6. Update: Does not work :P

EDIT: lightsensor is working as well (in the stock rom), I hope acer is releasing some of the sources in the near future :)

EDIT: FYI, CM6 runs fine on top of this bin.

RE-EDIT: lights.qsd8k.so does work with CM6, so leds work as they're supposed to.

Does haptic feedback on capacitive keys, proximity sensor, bluetooth and camera work great with CM6 on this bin?

Guest TheShak

The only thing I've noticed that does not work so far is, Settings/About Phone/Device Information... I get an error "/proc/srs0 does not exist!"

So you don't any of the specs shown, which used to be great for comparing with others. Ah well small price to pay for an excellent rom.

Thanks

Guest torwill

Thanks for sharing!!! :P

everything seems to be working fine... but i can't find flash in the market... and can't seem to add widgets...

and i was hoping to have FM Radio in 2.2, but i guess not...

Guest akira.pwr

everything seems to be working fine... but i can't find flash in the market... and can't seem to add widgets...

For flash player go back of some pages and you'll find a link for download the flash file. No prob with widgets for me.

Guest TheShak

Adobe Flash does not show on market as they say it's dependent on your region, your network provider etc. Use the flash.apk link earlier in this thread to download and install.

Thanks

Guest Quipeace
Does haptic feedback on capacitive keys, proximity sensor, bluetooth and camera work great with CM6 on this bin?

Nope, no magic fixes. You can push lights.qsd8k.so to system/lib/hw though, that fixes the LEDS. (I believe you must also rm lights.salsa.so, not sure)

The only thing I've noticed that does not work so far is, Settings/About Phone/Device Information... I get an error "/proc/srs0 does not exist!"

This occurs to everyone?

Incredible how much people have installed the new ROM but noone has answered about battery and little words about performance, stability, etc...

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Right, so I made the "essentials" zip file, which is basically just a couple apps (Quickboot, Titanium Backup, GScript, Terminal, and other apps I deemed "important") as well as the SuperUser update.zip. I also tried to include BusyBox as well, though I don't think I succeeded: if it works, great, if not, search the Market for "BusyBox" and the BusyBox installer will probably be at the top of the list. Download the app, run it, and choose to install BusyBox. Once it's finished, you can delete the BusyBox installer app. Download the zip here: http://www.multiupload.com/LRCJ6I3KDX

I switched back to XianKoud after my WiFi inexplicably died and none of the file explorers I used worked, but it would be nice to extract the Camera libs and app (maybe Camcorder as well) from the main ROM and try to make it run on Phhroyo or XianKoud... now that I think of it, I'll probably give it a shot. :P

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Well a little more complete feedback:

-First run of ROM the phone is slow, that was because of google restoring system. (I used Phhroyo before). Then it became faster, but Acer UI is just not smooth enough for me: Changed to Android UI (thank god Acer thought about the ability to choose). Installed all my apps, can just say that now it's as smooth as FRF91 :P, setting good autokiller values makes your phone fly.

-Linpack scores looked the same as on CM6 or FRF91, but Quadrant scores are surprisingly low. (around 700) I think it's because of the I/O part of the benchmark.

-MsgExpress unfortunately doesn't work, Nemoplayer has multitouch but it's not comfortable to use. (like piter said)

-Camera works 100%, 480p is a nice addition, but it's not that new, 2.100.07 has it too, first time I used it though.

-Didn't test tethering. Don't have unlimited data plan.

-Disabling Data seems to work! 3G or E icon appear but it doesn't use data. (checked some times) I say that cause I was worried about that bug.

-1.6 users may have a surprise with browser. When you press menu button you have un Exit button, to close the browser. Not sure if it'll make in the final version.

-Mostly for french users, the tonality seems to work great as in 2.100.07.

-I'm still not a fan of Acer's Dialer, because it's not as fast as Android's, but it has a bunch of features and now you can disable the annoying SMS contacts loading, by entering Settings/Accounts and Sync/SIM/and unchecking Import contacts from SIM Card.

-Battery life seems fine to me, need more testing though

Well I guess I wasn't as surprised as some other guys over here by testing this one, since I was using Froyo for quite some time thanks to Phh's awesome port. I will keep this beta though, I do like how it works well.

Thanks Liquid_User!

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Sweet thanks. So installing the leak, installing malezrecovery and flashing this roots the device, correct?

Somewhat... a lot of root apps use BusyBox (like Titanium Backup), so you'll need to download the BusyBox installer from the Market and install BusyBox with it before your device is really rooted.

Guest DavidFrog

Help

I have flash the bin with acer tool 3.100 over LCR 1.8 but operation stopped and since then, I have a multicolored screen, then the LCR 1.8 boot screen nothing hapen

what can I do please :P

thanks a lot !

Edited by DavidFrog

Guest famiddi
This occurs to everyone?

Incredible how much people have installed the new ROM but noone has answered about battery and little words about performance, stability, etc...

I think it is not a good idea to speak about battery drain by so little time! Moreover we are testing the rom, so the battery consumption is high.

Stability is ok. Rom seems faster than Acer's last rom.

A little suggestion...try by yourself also!

Guest HustlinDaily

If you have root, Titanium Backup can backup all your apps/contacts/sms/stuff. Puts it all on your SD Card.

If you don't, there is an app called MyBackup Pro in the market. Never used it but apparently it does all that.

Guest akira.pwr
For having adb remount do I have to flash superboot?

With the superuser update.zip provided here it doesn't work

For me worked fine, did you used ef version?

Guest Morris Lee

Aabout

If you have root, Titanium Backup can backup all your apps/contacts/sms/stuff. Puts it all on your SD Card.

If you don't, there is an app called MyBackup Pro in the market. Never used it but apparently it does all that.

I know about that one, i am trying to backup my ROM