[LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest TheShak
Just test but seems not successful again, any reason it still cannot display the FLASH after install??? Thanks...

Two things to try, one is to clear browser cache etc. This happened to me and then the flash player started to work.

I also tried this flash player on another phone and it did not work (as downloaded from this thread) so I found another one which you can try if the first one fails, this one is a bit bigger in size and the web states it's not a beta...

http://www.talkandroid.com/12023-download-...-2-no-root-req/

Let's know how you get on?

Thanks

Guest TheShak
Thank

Dam! my bro just got the Samsung Galaxy S and it beats the Liquid...!

BTW the battery levels seem the slightly worse than the stock 2.1 rom, but I'm using the Acer UI so don't know if this has any impact. I prefer the dialler in the Acer UI when making a call you don't accidently put the call on hold becasue of where the "hold" icon is located.

How come Nexus One v2.2 (1000Mhz) is TWO TIMES faster than Liquid v2.2 (768Mhz)? A 25% increase is expected, 30-40% due to this beta v2.2 understandable but...100% (more or less) faster? :P

Both are snapdragon, both 800x480...and Liquid also has enough free RAM after boot...

I have just discovered that dolby id still activated! Go to add links in launcherpro ->activities->settings->dolby!

Did you try to change something? My Liquid rebooted... I think that only the entry is left..

Oh and my wifi doesn't work either - it can't initialize eth0 anymore...

Edit: Solved: Simply remove wpa_supplicant.conf

@bais: Did you try MsgExpress with both Facebook and Twitter? Because for me Facebook works - can't log in my Twitteraccount though.

Edited by Ayur

Did you try to change something? My Liquid rebooted... I think that only the entry is left..

Also for me reboots.. reboots Also if i hold home to view running apps

Also for me reboots.. reboots Also if i hold home to view running apps

Do you have the Acer UI enabled? Then you shouldn't see your running apps when holding the home button - it should take you to the lock/widgetscreen (and it isn't rebooting if I do that).

Guest Edward.W
It helps me - Reboot Liquid, let it boot (stuck on boot screen), than, it will be visible for Acer tools again, and flash it again..Its cause of diff. ROM locale (aap/emea)

tried, but still got fastboot fail :P

Guest raulicio

I have a small problem. I have flashed this new froyo leak, and i cannot put my phone into bootloader mode. Using the adb reboot command, does nothing, and if i use the hardware button combination, i get the vibrations but it doesn't enter into bootloader. The system itself works great, i can enter the factory recovery, i just cant enter bootloader. the factory recovery works.

[sOLVED, sry for posting]

Edited by raulicio

Guest Edward.W
Maybe its not cause of locale :)

But Damn, how to open fastboot?? There are diff. button shorc...

Sorry to ask again, i just get fastbot fail again and again, after using the method you mentioned recently :P

Should I flash to a clean 2.1 ROM first, because I am using LCR1.8 before, and I attempt to flash this bin on it.

Guest kenchitech

Dude, much thanks for the solution, the FLASH PLAYER is working fine on my device now.

But I found the browser seems a little bit lag compared to the browser I used in the custom LS ROM before...

Also... May I ask is it some kind of bugs for the device displaying an error msg when I go into "ABOUT PHONE > DEVIDE INFORMATION"???

Two things to try, one is to clear browser cache etc. This happened to me and then the flash player started to work.

I also tried this flash player on another phone and it did not work (as downloaded from this thread) so I found another one which you can try if the first one fails, this one is a bit bigger in size and the web states it's not a beta...

http://www.talkandroid.com/12023-download-...-2-no-root-req/

Let's know how you get on?

Thanks

rom is perfect

battery works as normal, maybe better, but definitly no worse

browser speed = much faster

smoother scrolling

wifi much much stronger signal

3g much much stronger signal

malez works

rooting via the method mentioned on page 7/8 of this thread works

Guest Apocangel
guy, use it. HTC IME v2.7 for Froyo

Push the Clicker_hi.apk to /system/app

then Install the HTC_IME using adb install XXX.apk

If you just push into /system/app the HTC_IME FCs

Guest Morris Lee
rom is perfect

battery works as normal, maybe better, but definitly no worse

browser speed = much faster

smoother scrolling

wifi much much stronger signal

3g much much stronger signal

malez works

rooting via the method mentioned on page 7/8 of this thread works

Sounds really nice, I am gonna wait for the official release though, seeing some people has bricked their phone from upgrading unofficial roms etc, I am afraid acer might say no for repair.

Morris

Guest Edward.W
SO when IS the final release date of froyo? any good guess then?

Heard from soneone, the earilest date is about Mid-October or maybe a lttle abit later,November. :P