[LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM

Guest LIQUID_USER

Just tell me if I am mistaken. I prefer pre-froyo's rooted apps2SD, rather than froyo's moving apps to SD. Apps2sd took the whole app to the sd, unlike froyo which only takes part of the app. So you see *.asec in the sd on froyo, not the whole *.apk that was on e-claire. Furthermore if someone makes a fast enough SD you could take the entire davlik and data on the SD, but not on froyo. Very disappointing, especially in Liquid e we only have 512Mb.

Guest gllandalf

I'm quite disapointed :-(

with this leak random locks up are back (you know, impossible to quit sleep mode, need to get the battery out)

I had this problem with previous 2.1 leaks but not with official 2.1 acer bin...

Too bad, everything else is ok with it...

with this leak random locks up are back (you know, impossible to quit sleep mode, need to get the battery out)

I had this problem with previous 2.1 leaks but not with official 2.1 acer bin...

I was just about to ask if I was the only one experiencing that, but apparently I'm not. Guess I will have to go back to 2.1 for a while. Hopefully not to long cause I really like 2.2.

Guest TheShak
I was just about to ask if I was the only one experiencing that, but apparently I'm not. Guess I will have to go back to 2.1 for a while. Hopefully not to long cause I really like 2.2.

Hi, I've been running this since it came available and no real problems of any sort.

The 2.2 rom has been great in daily use and battery comparable to 2.1. I'm running 2.2 with stream UI and not rooted at the moment - waiting on next Malez Recovery for rooting options.

Some small quirks but no reboots or FC's at the moment.

The only tweak i've done so far is kill a few tasks that i don't use but are loaded on startup... using a taskkiller

Greetz

Guest Piruleta

Yeah just yesterday it happens two consecutive times :S

Guest grooltor

This leak is not very stable nor usable yet IMHO. Reverted back to 2.100.07 with CM6 on top @998mHz (I dunno why Acer swapped partitions, so u can't do a Nandroid restore...), the only ROM I used for more than three weeks :P

Guest Andy__P
Hi, I've been running this since it came available and no real problems of any sort.

The 2.2 rom has been great in daily use and battery comparable to 2.1. I'm running 2.2 with stream UI and not rooted at the moment - waiting on next Malez Recovery for rooting options.

Some small quirks but no reboots or FC's at the moment.

The only tweak i've done so far is kill a few tasks that i don't use but are loaded on startup... using a taskkiller

Greetz

Yea no problems so far here either (except for some market issues).

No reboots or lockups. I don't use any taskkiller (froyo doesn't support taskkillers anymore,no?).

Rooted with superuser and using Android UI (LauncherPro) and it's amazingly fast (feels faster than CM).

Battery seems great ~1%/h on very light use.

So i'm very happy with it

I'm very happy with it as well.

No freezes or reboots, no problem whatsoever.

It's faster than any eclair I've previously used and battery seems at least as good.

Using autokiller and removed some apps with titanium backup, now I have a good amount of storage and ram available :-)

What I'm still missing is an overclocked kernel and percentage on battery icon, but they will both come...

same experience, really no problem with this leak, also using Launcher Pro and default android IU..No lockups or something like that. I only had one reboot - during Neocore bench (it looks that 3D drivers are not fully optimised, only 24,7fps).. :P

TO Ahyim

Unfortunatelly no, we have to wait until any of ours DEVs will have a time to make it. I made an extra topic for OC and 07.000

Edited by Nesli

After using this ROM for more than a day here is my feedback:

- rooted with Vache's superboot, using Android UI with LauncherPro Plus;

- one of the fastest ROMs I've used;

- no locks nor reboots (I was using CM6 before and it locked like hell);

- good battery life: yesterday I disconnected it from the charger at 9h30 AM, made on call of about 4 minutes, had a couple of SMS and e-mails (GMail + K9 Mail polling two accounts every 30 minutes) and at 1 AM the battery icon was half full;

I think this is the better ROM I've used on my Liquid.

Another one: running 0.700 for one day (more or less) and REALLY no problems: no reboots, no locks.

Sometimes laggy. I'm using Launcher Pro and I've uninstalled Acer apps (with Titanium Backup). I think that with some overclock (mine is rock solid @920mhz) it become the fastest rom evaaaaah :P (and with some optimizations ... even faster)

Another one: running 0.700 for one day (more or less) and REALLY no problems: no reboots, no locks.

Sometimes laggy. I'm using Launcher Pro and I've uninstalled Acer apps (with Titanium Backup). I think that with some overclock (mine is rock solid @920mhz) it become the fastest rom evaaaaah :P (and with some optimizations ... even faster)

How did you overclock the new v2.2? Is it faster than with v2.1 with overclock? Is it less laggy?

Sometimes laggy. I'm using Launcher Pro and I've uninstalled Acer apps (with Titanium Backup). I think that with some overclock (mine is rock solid @920mhz) it become the fastest rom evaaaaah :) (and with some optimizations ... even faster)

+1 :P

Guest Master_T
hi i rooted by the page 7 method on this thread, quick boot works, but titanum backup says doesnt have access to root. anyway to solve?

Yeah... if you just READ what titanium backup says when it starts up, you'll notice that you must press the "Problems?" button, so it can download and install busy-box.

Yeah... if you just READ what titanium backup says when it starts up, you'll notice that you must press the "Problems?" button, so it can download and install busy-box.

ok sweet, i did busy box thru malez, obviosly can't do it that way.... cheers

PS anyone have a list of what superfulous acer apks is safe to uninstall?

Guest TheShak
On the acer ui animations doesntbwok also they are turned on?! Knows anyone how to correct this??!?!

Is this using the ACER UI or the Android UI? As I'm using the Acer UI (aka Stream) and the animations work fine... if you like that sort of thing.

Thx

PS anyone have a list of what superfulous acer apks is safe to uninstall?

I have removed the following apks without problems:

AcerDLNA

AcerLauncher

AcerNidus

AcerRegister

AcerSettings

AcerSync

AcerUpdateNotifier

BarcodeScanner (Reinstall from Market)

Facebook (Reinstall from Market)

GenieWidget

LatinIME

LatinImeTutorial

Launcher2

LiveWallpapers

LiveWallpapersPicker

MagicSmokeWallpapers

MsgExpress

NemoPlayer

PicoTts

RS

Spinlets

Twitter

UrFooz

VisualizationWallpapers

XT9IME

Be sure to install another keyboard and another launcher before you remove the original ones!

Edited by tombii