[LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Very good Froyo leak! I noticed that in Linpack, the phone can't get more than 26 mflops. This is very strange because in phhroyo I got around 35 mflops. I also noticed that even if froyo leak is faster than Eclair I still feel that phhroyo is even faster. I think there is something strange behind this... Someone should try to "cook" a phhroyo with no kernel-related stuff that should be less heavier than the leaked, but with all hardware functional (and unlocked market). Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to do so. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest zycamaniac

I've spent a couple of hours and I think I've got the hang of the new Acer Launcher, I'd say it is quite an interesting design. I even started to like some of the unique design of the thing, hey even if you don't like it, it is at least thinking outside the box. :P Which is always a good thing to see.

However, I think I did find a bug in the widget. I managed to figure out how to add widget to the lock/widget screen, and of course my favorite widget, PlurQ and Facebook was also added. Since they save a lot of time when I just want to take a peek at those without waiting for the full app to load. Well, when I tried to interact with the widget, it showed a "slide up" unlock screen that is supposed to unlock the widget for me to interact with. But instead, it unlocked the whole thing and sent me to the home screen, so I could not really do anything to those two widgets except looking at them.

Anyone had this problem?

Guest fischschneehase
Is this using the ACER UI or the Android UI? As I'm using the Acer UI (aka Stream) and the animations work fine... if you like that sort of thing.

Thx

look plaese if you have got animations if you switch throegh the setteings menu :P

I have removed the following apks without problems:

AcerDLNA

AcerLauncher

AcerNidus

AcerRegister

AcerSettings

AcerSync

AcerUpdateNotifier

BarcodeScanner (Reinstall from Market)

Facebook (Reinstall from Market)

GenieWidget

LatinIME

LatinImeTutorial

Launcher2

LiveWallpapers

LiveWallpapersPicker

MagicSmokeWallpapers

MsgExpress

NemoPlayer

PicoTts

RS

Spinlets

Twitter

UrFooz

VisualizationWallpapers

XT9IME

Be sure to install another keyboard and another launcher before you remove the original ones!

Thanks man, save alot of memory I now have like 100mb free :P

Guest Master_T
I've spent a couple of hours and I think I've got the hang of the new Acer Launcher, I'd say it is quite an interesting design. I even started to like some of the unique design of the thing, hey even if you don't like it, it is at least thinking outside the box. :P Which is always a good thing to see.

The Acer Launcher would be cool if it wasn't for the fact that it doesn't have a real desktop, meaning you can't put widgets on it... which makes it rather useless.

The Acer Launcher would be cool if it wasn't for the fact that it doesn't have a real desktop, meaning you can't put widgets on it... which makes it rather useless.

Same here : it looks nice and funny at the beginning but for everyday use traditionnal launchers are far more confortable

Guest MirkoNEO

AcerDLNA

XT9IME

Be sure to install another keyboard and another launcher before you remove the original ones!

Thank you, I shed a little voice .... always thank

:P :) :(

Guest zycamaniac

Well, it is very interesting that the widget can actually be placed on the lock screen, so that you can check everything without even unlocking, and I kinda like it. The only problem is that some widget seems to be quite happly interacted in this mode, while some require a partial unlock (different from the full unlock to home), but it didn't work right and just goes directly to home instead of letting me to interact with the widget.

Guest sette7nani

my phone hangs in standby 10 mins ago.

i heard a sms notification and it remain black.

i had to remove battery.

Same thing yesterday....at the same hour :P

is it a TIMED daily freeze???

:)

Guest jayziac

AcerDLNA

AcerLauncher

AcerNidus

AcerRegister

AcerSettings

AcerSync

AcerUpdateNotifier

BarcodeScanner (Reinstall from Market)

Facebook (Reinstall from Market)

GenieWidget

LatinIME

LatinImeTutorial

Launcher2

LiveWallpapers

LiveWallpapersPicker

MagicSmokeWallpapers

MsgExpress

NemoPlayer

PicoTts

RS

Spinlets

Twitter

UrFooz

VisualizationWallpapers

XT9IME

Thanks for this list. I can also confirm (at least on 2.1 Acer Roms), that these can be safely removed:

AcerAbout.apk

AcerClockWidget.apk

Email.apk

Talk.apk (Google Talk)

Twidroid.apk

Guest Raskell

??? I have added widgets to it and rearranged things more to my liking. Downloaded some widgets from the market first, then ran the 'Widget' program which lets you widgetize the five lock screens. It took me a while to figure this out and I also found this to change the temeperature scale from C to F.

Guest Master_T
??? I have added widgets to it and rearranged things more to my liking. Downloaded some widgets from the market first, then ran the 'Widget' program which lets you widgetize the five lock screens. It took me a while to figure this out and I also found this to change the temeperature scale from C to F.

Yeah, but you must, as you say, put them on the lock screen(s), there isn't a real "desktop".

Guest endamaco

I made a mistake.. I've deleted my personal contact (you know, the new option in the contact's menu).. If I press on "personal contact" it says to me that there isn't one and that's all..

Someone knows how to restore it?

Guest akira.pwr
help please.. how can i install it... i have the bin file, then???

You have acer driver installed on your pc, acer tools, I have used the 3.7 version, then click on "runme", browse the bin and GOGOGO!!! :P